New Chinese Navy JL-9 trainer with CFT

houshanghai

Reaction score
131741go340dvqlgs0qyol.jpg

131737e7le3ve66hjexhvk.jpg

131734oov70779mf0ssbee.jpg

123438pxvvzqubrbb91exp.jpg

111541oz8npo8on88pa281.jpg

This is likely for extended range purposes.

This could mean a couple of things: (1) the JL-9 does not possess air to air refueling capability, or (2) the JL-9 is viewed as a basis of an attack variant.

Hi guy's last year i have heard that PAF oder 8 advance jet trainer, my question is , are they JL-9,L-15 or k-8P? thanks in advance :)

Hi guy's last year i have heard that PAF oder 8 advance jet trainer, my question is , are they JL-9,L-15 or k-8P? thanks in advance :)

Never heard that JL-9 had ever been sold.About the L-15,its nice but currentlly its using the Ukarain engin which is a big issue for exporting.Mostlikely its still the K8P.

This is likely for extended range purposes.

This could mean a couple of things: (1) the JL-9 does not possess air to air refueling capability, or (2) the JL-9 is viewed as a basis of an attack variant.

IGuizhou JL-9/FTC-2000 Mountain Eagle is a two seater: the second seat is usually at the expense of internal fuel. CFT's would make fuel load equal to a (potential) single seat variant, without loss of under wing armament stations. More interesting IMHO is the arresting hook: if you want to fly over sea from a carrier, with limited aerial refueling options compared to with land based operations, having a greater fuel reserve is a plus.

IGuizhou JL-9/FTC-2000 Mountain Eagle is a two seater: the second seat is usually at the expense of internal fuel. CFT's would make fuel load equal to a (potential) single seat variant, without loss of under wing armament stations. More interesting IMHO is the arresting hook: if you want to fly over sea from a carrier, with limited aerial refueling options compared to with land based operations, having a greater fuel reserve is a plus.

L-15 is also a twin seater (and so is the JL-8), yet I do not see CFTs on them. The fact that the JL-9 has one engine also does not agree with its supposedly higher fuel consumption.

CFTs on a naval JL-9 would make more sense, but again the lack of fuel over the ocean can be simply eliminated by the H-6Us.

Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

A JL-9J prototype (#423) was descending at CFTE airfield after a test flight. This dedicated variant has been developed for training Navy pilots in take-off and landing on the aircraft carrier deck (land-based simulated?). In order to adapt to the carrier operation environment, JL-9J features some extensive modifications. They include strengthened landing gears, a tail arresting hook and enlarged wings. Leading edge slaps and leading edge root extensions were installed in order to reduce the take-off and landing speed at higher AOA. It also features a taller tailfin housing additional ECM equipment on the top and offering more stability during the high AOA take-off and landing. New DSIs were installed as well which reduce the weight. There are bumps on both sides of its rear fuselage which might house additional fuel. Due to the installation of the arresting hook the twin ventral stabilizing fins were removed. JL-9J made its maiden flight in 2009 and is expected to support the carrier based J-15 fighter.
- Last Updated 8/30/11

you can see the landing gear in this picture

JL-9J.jpg

Back
Top Bottom