What's new

Need some valuable information on joining the airforce!!!

Tahaazhar

New Recruit

Reaction score
AoA... I was looking for some information.. i hope you will help me on this one.. im a student who is passionate about our airforce!! but im a civilian... i want to join the airforce as a GDP nut i heard that the PAF has stopped recruiting civil people.. That is like a dream being crushed to pieces.. can you plz confirm that for me an if inshallah this isnt true then can u tell me that if a student has completed ICS can he join the air force? i will be very thankfull to you!! Your every information will be very special to me.. and i still have two years so can they start recruiting civilians then? plz i really need help and fast!! all i ever want to be is a fighter pilot and serve my country!!!!:pakistan::help:

AoA... I was looking for some information.. i hope you will help me on this one.. im a student who is passionate about our airforce!! but im a civilian... i want to join the airforce as a GDP nut i heard that the PAF has stopped recruiting civil people.. That is like a dream being crushed to pieces.. can you plz confirm that for me an if inshallah this isnt true then can u tell me that if a student has completed ICS can he join the air force? i will be very thankfull to you!! Your every information will be very special to me.. and i still have two years so can they start recruiting civilians then? plz i really need help and fast!! all i ever want to be is a fighter pilot and serve my country!!!!:pakistan::help:

how ever told this is a lier and an ahole

i dont think ur serious in joing PAF or any other armed forces. as u had been serious u instead of wasting ur time u could have called a PAF selection center nearest u and sought the ans to all ur question.....it would have been even easier had u gone to the PAF website and sought the ans.

wt i can tell u is that the criteria for being allowed to take part in the selection process u need to have passed ur fsc/ a level with 70% marks. fsc in pre- engineering and a level with maths, physics, chemistry as compulsory subjects. non science candidates will be rejected on the onset.

so first u need to meet the standard simply to be able to take part in the selection process beofre u can dream on join PAF.

I do not want to belabor the obvious, but the most important thing for you to do right now is not education, which is very important, but to find out if you are prone to airsickness or more accurately -- motion sickness.

If being a pilot is all important and you will not settle for anything less, you need to find out of you have the physical stamina for it, and if you find out you are prone to airsickness, then reassess your life. There are many great flyers who started their aviation life blowing chunks early on, but they persevere and their bodies adapted.

Aces of the Luftwaffe - Werner Mlders
Werner "Vati" Mölders...

He was badly afflicted by air sickness but overcame the problem through sheer willpower.

Chuck Yeager Honored with Aviation Award
Yeager started his aviation career as a mechanic. When World War II broke out he signed up for flight school. Unfortunately, his first helicopter ride found his with motion sickness. However, he stayed in flight school and got his pilots license.

The great Chuck Yeager blew chunks. So did Chuck Lindbergh. And I blew mucho chunks in a Cessna 152 prop jobber when I was in high school taking flight lessons over Pearl Harbor back in the 1980s. Not comparing meself to the two Chucks, mind you. Just showing you that motion sickness can be conquered. Rather messily, though. :lol:

Motion sickness that was conquered when young can, not will, return in old age. I know some light colonels who retired because of that.

Check your eyesight. Best is uncorrected 20/20 BEFORE acceptance. Assume that after you are a pilot, your vision can be corrected to 20/20 while on active duty.

But equally serious is education, especially in a technical field. Mathematics is best, in my opinion. Flight and navigation are governed by numbers. Engineering is good as well. Knowing the pecularities of your aircraft through mechanical engineering acumen will make you an insightful pilot.

Bottom line is this: Man IS NOT meant to be in the sky. We defy nature out of sheer muleheadedness. The more we venture out of our environment, the greater the demand for the elites of humanity. That is why there are many average automobile operators but extremely rare and few race car drivers. That is why there are many snorkelers but far lesser numbers of open water divers. You want to be a member of the elites? Then get a hard physical examination before you attempt to venture into the dangerous.

how ever told this is a lier and an ahole

i dont think ur serious in joing PAF or any other armed forces. as u had been serious u instead of wasting ur time u could have called a PAF selection center nearest u and sought the ans to all ur question.....it would have been even easier had u gone to the PAF website and sought the ans.

wt i can tell u is that the criteria for being allowed to take part in the selection process u need to have passed ur fsc/ a level with 70% marks. fsc in pre- engineering and a level with maths, physics, chemistry as compulsory subjects. non science candidates will be rejected on the onset.

so first u need to meet the standard simply to be able to take part in the selection process beofre u can dream on join PAF.

Excuse me... i went to the selection center thrice.. there was no one at the counter... Both my mamo are in the airforce one is air cmdr muhammad azam who was the base commander of kamra.. he told me that ics students can apply but only as a gdp.. and for the last three years they have not taken in a civilian...

Yes sir i know about that.. and i have had helicopter ride in an army helicopter and i had no effect.. i have no motion sickness... my only concern is that im 6'1 so am i too tall to fit in a jet??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom