What's new

Naya KPK | News & Updates on the development in KPK.

.........................................................................................

100 mln saplings ready for plantation in KP: Mushtaq Ghani

PESHAWAR: As many as 100 million saplings are ready for plantation in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa under billion tree forestation program where provincial government has spent Rs.1,316 million in first phase to achieve targets of billion tree tsunami campaign.

Spokesman of provincial government, Mushtaq Ghani addressing media conference here said that 210 million saplings have been planted at a cost of Rs. 787 million in nurseries and by June 2018 one billion saplings would be planted across KP in three phases.

Giving details of the campaign, he said 500 million saplings would be planted by department, 200 million would be distributed among people for plantation while 300 million saplings would be regenerated from new plants.

He said in order to achieve the billion tree plantation targets government nurseries have been established on an area of 283 hectare besides setting up of 2608 private nurseries in the province adding that so far 52 million saplings have been planted and 50 million saplings have been regenerated.

He said by the end of 2016 as many as 250 million saplings would have been planted. Speaking about the campaign’s success, he said that 2,600 families have been provided livelihood under the program.

Mushtaq said the project is strictly being monitored by the provincial government as well as by WWF who has confirmed 85 per
cent success rate of the campaign.

Earlier, highlighting the achievements of PTI in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, he said that provincial government has started the campaign with a handsome amount of Rs. 28 billion to materialize the vision of PTI Chief Imran Khan to protect and increase forestation in KP.

He said that keeping in view the significance of forests to maintain balance in ecosystem, PTI-led government has ended Adhoc Dry and Window Fall policy. Action of provincial government against timber mafia and corrupt elements of forest department has ensured 100 pre cent protection to forests and increased forestation, he asserted.

– APP

While turning to left side towards Hayatabad side. (All traffic is diverted to this side due to this project).

a08.jpg

a09.jpg

a10.jpg

a12.jpg

Now almost at the chowk (i mean where old chowk was). Level 2 can be seen closely now. Its girder launching seems to be completed.

a04.jpg

a05.jpg

a06.jpg

a07.jpg

Nomi thanks for the great work. Can you please tell me when the construction started. I visited back in dec-jan and didn't noticed it. Maybe it started after I left Peshawar in January. Also what's up with the terrible traffic, did it get any better?

There's a twitter user by the name of Darjat who posts pics of the micro hydel projects of the KP gov.

today
CVYce1JWcAAhaPB.jpg

Nomi thanks for the great work. Can you please tell me when the construction started. I visited back in dec-jan and didn't noticed it. Maybe it started after I left Peshawar in January. Also what's up with the terrible traffic, did it get any better?
Bab-e-Peshawar Flyover CM to inaugurate work on mega project on June 17

Back
Top Bottom