What's new

Nawaz Sharif: Promoting Tax Evaders, Punishing the Honest Ones!

Jazzbot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Money whitening: Nawaz unveils amnesty plan for industrialists

638625-pm_addressing_businesscommunitynawazshariftaxbusinessbusinessmenishaqdareconomyphotopid-1385673784-881-640x480.jpg

“Investment of a minimum Rs10 million in new industrial projects and expansion (of existing businesses) will be immune from any probe and scrutiny,” says PM Nawaz Sharif. PHOTO: PID

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif offered industrialists a rare chance to whiten their black money on Thursday, saying his government would not ask their source of income on a minimum of Rs10 million investment.

Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) had vehemently opposed a similar amnesty scheme when the previous Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) government offered it.

Living up to its reputation of being a business-friendly government, Nawaz unveiled a comprehensive lucrative package in the PM Office to appease the country’s business tycoons. It includes waiver of penalties, special privileges and protection from taxmen’s access to bank accounts of taxpayers.

“Investment of a minimum Rs10 million in new industrial projects and expansion (of existing businesses) will be immune from any probe and scrutiny,” said the premier, addressing a gathering of the country’s top businessmen.

2424.jpg

However, the government has linked the exemption from scrutiny with job creation. The exemption facility will not be available to investment in sectors like arms and ammunition, fertilisers, sugar, cigarettes, cement, among others.

Anything that brings investment in productive sectors of economy should be welcomed and the PPP would not oppose the scheme only because it has been announced by the PML-N, said Naveed Qamar, the PPP’s senior leader. He said when his party tried to introduce the investment amnesty scheme, the PML-N chose to play politics. “The PPP will not play to the gallery and will support the scheme unless it finds something seriously wrong with it”, he said.

It was the third amnesty scheme that the PML-N offered to its traditional voters since the party first came into power. In 1991, the PML-N had offered amnesty on amounts received on encashment of US dollars Bearer Certificates. In 1998, the party had exempted Special US dollars Bearer Certificates from levies.

PM Nawaz said the package was the beginning of investment promotion and growth. He explained that immunity from scrutiny of source of income would not be available to proceeds of crimes, drugs and terrorism.

However, Dr Ikramul Haq, an expert in narco-terrorism and the global heroin economy, disagreed with this explanation. The caveat that exemption from asking questions will not be given on proceeds from laundering, terrorism and narcotics becomes meaningless when the basic principle of the amnesty scheme is that no question will be asked about the source of income, he maintained.

The European Union, IMF and Financial Action Task Force (FATF) will now raise serious questions about the country’s efforts to curb laundering and terrorism financing, said Dr Haq. “Before announcing, the government should have debated the amnesty scheme in parliament.”

The difference between the PPP’s and the new scheme is that this government has offered amnesty only on investments made in the productive sector of the economy, said Federal Board of Revenue chairman Tariq Bajwa, while talking to The Express Tribune.

Tax experts are skeptical about the government’s efforts of broadening of extremely narrow tax base and enhancing revenues, as the ruling party has so far failed to stand up against unending demands of industrialists and traders.

Source: Money whitening: Nawaz unveils amnesty plan for industrialists – The Express Tribune

--------------------

So, a golden chance for all money launderers to convert their black money into white and enjoy the ludicrous amnesty and no questions will be asked what so ever.. Making of Roshan Pakistan?

@hasnain0099 @cb4 @Fracker @Leader @pkuser2k12 @chauvunist @Armstrong @nuclearpak @Aamna14 @Spring Onion

typical why these capitalist chors, fund their own kind into power...so that chor can make laws and amnesty schemes to white their black money, these are the kind of people whose hand should be chopped !!!

PML (N) opposes upcoming PPP Bill which seeks to give amnesty to the tax evading rich elite and politicians

Nawaz Sharif pointed out that a controversial PPP Bill seeking to provide amnesty to major tax evaders should be deferred for the next elected government tp consider.During a session of the Senate's Standing Committee for Finance on Friday, PML-N lawmaker Ishaq Dar opposed this bill stating that wealthiest two million people in Pakistan are also the most frequent and habitual tax evaders and will be sent out tax default notices very soon by the FBR.

PML (N) opposes upcoming PPP Bill which seeks to give amnesty to the tax evading rich elite and politicians | Pakistani.im

any shame ?

Last edited:
typical why these capitalist chors, fund their own kind into power...so that chor can make laws and amnesty schemes to white their black money, these are the kind of people whose hand should be chopped !!!
And @Jazzbot
And the point being? Just a quick question, how much do both of you pay? Oops I forgot, you guys are not even out of college yet. And for @Leader there is no tax because he lives below the poverty line.

And @Jazzbot
And the point being? Just a quick question, how much do both of you pay? Oops I forgot, you guys are not even out of college yet. And for @Leader there is no tax because he lives below the poverty line.

I was expecting a below the belt attack from you my friend. Because this is what you all N-Leaguers do when you get caught on such issues. Instead of talking about me and Leader, you should better enlighten us about your heavenly thoughts on above posted issue. BTW, I am a private company owner, I bring healthy amount of $$$ in this country every year because I work with over seas clients and pay a handsome amount of tax on each transaction. Unlike your Ganja leader, I don't enjoy the luxury of bring in money without any check.

Nawaz Sharif is a thief, and he'll always think for the betterment of his likes. If he'd have shown such interest in bringing down price of Rise, Wheat, Tomatos and other gazillion of daily use things, some poor souls would be living with little ease by now.. You are as pathetic as your ganja leader.

I was expecting a below the belt attack from you my friend. Because this is what you all N-Leaguers do when you get caught on such issues. Instead of talking about me and Leader, you should better enlighten us about your heavenly thoughts on above posted issue. BTW, I am a private company owner, I bring healthy amount of $$$ in this country every year because I work with over seas clients and pay a handsome amount of tax on each transaction. Unlike your Ganja leader, I don't enjoy the luxury of bring in money without any check.

Nawaz Sharif is a thief, and he'll always think for the betterment of his likes. If he'd have shown such interest in bringing down price of Rise, Wheat, Tomatos and other gazillion of daily use things, some poor souls would be living with little ease by now.. You are as pathetic as your ganja leader.
Btw how much taxes were implemented by KPK government? And how many in Pakistan really pay their taxes?

Btw how much taxes were implemented by KPK government? And how many in Pakistan really pay their taxes?

Are we discussing that here? :undecided: Oh I got it, you just don't have anything to contribute to this thread, not a problem, not first time.. :lol:

"Immune from any probe and scrutiny"lol why not simply say don't ask how much of it lands in our bank accounts lol I sometimes honestly feel that Nawaz Shariff is just incapable of leading even a group of people let alone a nation. Its an attempt to finish off those with an increased burden of taxation who have somehow escaped the terrorists.

Are we discussing that here? :undecided: Oh I got it, you just don't have anything to contribute to this thread, not a problem, not first time.. :lol:
Just for the sake of information. Won't hurt, would it?

Isn't this what he did the last time he was in power. People never learn do they. In fact Nawaz is in power because of these people, the industrialist, tax evaders, agriculturalist. The unfortunate thing is that it is us the salary class who will suffer the brunt, always have and always will

Isn't this what he did the last time he was in power. People never learn do they. In fact Nawaz is in power because of these people, the industrialist, tax evaders, agriculturalist. The unfortunate thing is that it is us the salary class who will suffer the brunt, always have and always will

Yes Sir, this is exactly same as what he did in his previous two terms. A thief will always be a thief.

Salary class does not have choice otherwise they would have also evaded tax. Unless a fair and just taxation system is implemented tax evasion will be there. They have to bring in a system whereby everyone contributes to national exchequer. I don't know if people are aware of the fact that road scavengers earn over 30,000 per month. Once, I was enjoying a road "Bun Kabab", it was past the lunch time i.e. around 3:30 or 4pm. While relishing old days memory, I assessed that a 8X8 bun kabab shop was doing a business or more than 200,000 per month. These small shops may appear to be very modest and owners give a look of poverty struck. But fact is that most of these make more money then the salaried class. Such businesses are to be brought in tax net.

To ensure fair tax collection
1. Bring everyone into tax net, may it be raod scavenger or directors of Ittefaq foundry.
2. Ensure judicial use of tax collected, only demonstrated through austerity by people in power corridors, especially in area where public money is being spent.
3. Provide subsistence to those people who have been paying taxes regularly and due to some reason are in need now. Their subsistence should be directly proportional to the amount of taxes paid by them. It will become a two way support and people will be more than willing to pay taxes when they see it coming back in the time of need.
4. Ensure tax money is spent in providing facilities to the citizens rather then paying IMF.
5. Give incentives to tax payers according to their contribution, e.g. at airport, railway stations, public health facilities, etc.

There can be a long list of dos if these public money scavengers have some shame left.

Well looks like somebody is enjoying changing the topic of discussion!

that is their only defence...

but look how they have changed:

PML (N) opposes upcoming PPP Bill which seeks to give amnesty to the tax evading rich elite and politicians

Nawaz Sharif pointed out that a controversial PPP Bill seeking to provide amnesty to major tax evaders should be deferred for the next elected government tp consider.During a session of the Senate's Standing Committee for Finance on Friday, PML-N lawmaker Ishaq Dar opposed this bill stating that wealthiest two million people in Pakistan are also the most frequent and habitual tax evaders and will be sent out tax default notices very soon by the FBR.

PML (N) opposes upcoming PPP Bill which seeks to give amnesty to the tax evading rich elite and politicians | Pakistani.im

@Jazzbot @Aamna14 @mafiya

Back
Top Bottom