What's new

Navy chief visits DCNS's Barracuda SSN building shipyard!!!

Kinetic

BANNED
Reaction score
Are we going for a Barracuda Class instead of Akula-III next?

--> French interested in SSNs for India when media reports 2nd Akula for IN.Perhaps this explains recent media "news" (today denied by another media source) that USN officers visited SSN Chakra.

--> This same French Yard has also built SSBNs for FN & Scorpene conventional subs for Chilean & Malaysian Navies. So France cud also be showing its capabilities for proposed $10 bn IN Project 75(I) conventional subs.

--> Indian Navy Chief, Admiral Sunil Lanba briefed on Naval Group's Barracuda Class nuclear attack submarine at Cherbourg, France yesterday.

---> And here’s the Indian Navy Chief scoping out the Barracuda SSN build/maintenance architecture at Naval Group’s VR (Virtual Reality) centre at Cherbourg.

DOV-X2IVQAAIxq3.jpg

DOV-Xy5VoAEPvh5.jpg

DORAReEVQAA6zLN.jpg

This French SSH considered one of the best in the world.

If dcns is offering Barracuda class ssn then it's a good fit for IN...I'm not sure about ssk version of it!!

I always wondered, how did French manage to get into Indian defence market so heavy.

Our brothers British - couldn't make big into Indian defence market.

British had all the advantages such as: language, history, Indian diaspora, cultural ties, etc.

I always wondered, how did French manage to get into Indian defence market so heavy.

British had all the advantages such as: language, history, Indian diaspora, cultural ties, etc.

French share their best technologies.

Are we going for a Barracuda Class instead of Akula-III next?

--> French interested in SSNs for India when media reports 2nd Akula for IN.Perhaps this explains recent media "news" (today denied by another media source) that USN officers visited SSN Chakra.

--> This same French Yard has also built SSBNs for FN & Scorpene conventional subs for Chilean & Malaysian Navies. So France cud also be showing its capabilities for proposed $10 bn IN Project 75(I) conventional subs.

--> Indian Navy Chief, Admiral Sunil Lanba briefed on Naval Group's Barracuda Class nuclear attack submarine at Cherbourg, France yesterday.

---> And here’s the Indian Navy Chief scoping out the Barracuda SSN build/maintenance architecture at Naval Group’s VR (Virtual Reality) centre at Cherbourg.

DOV-X2IVQAAIxq3.jpg

DOV-Xy5VoAEPvh5.jpg

DORAReEVQAA6zLN.jpg

This French SSH considered one of the best in the world.
Nobody will give you even a low tier nuclear boat. Exception is there in the form of russia.

French don’t needlessly sanction and takedown to India.

May be they can offer something similar as being offered to the Australians. Makes sense to go French - you have experience with the Scorpene subs and will definitely get better kickbacks :tup:

British Fp is just an extension of USA FP !

These subs can be better alternative to Next batch of scorpene subs, i would like to go for 6 of these with Indian nuclear reactor...

Nobody will give you even a low tier nuclear boat. Exception is there in the form of russia.

You are not French govt. :lol:

May be they can offer something similar as being offered to the Australians. Makes sense to go French - you have experience with the Scorpene subs and will definitely get better kickbacks :tup:

kickbacks are better than begging and get used for drone testing. :rofl:

That was a seriously insecure response! The French are notorious for offering kickbacks, they did it with Pakistan too with the Agostas - hence my comment. The politicians and government officials are equally corrupt in Pakistan and India; and you can deny it as much as you want, but kickbacks play a massive role on what weapons or systems are purchased.

You are not French govt. :lol:

Wait and see,mark my word the day when barracuda ssn Sims with tricolor,i will quit PDF.

Back
Top Bottom