What's new

Nato forces kill five US troops in Afghanistan

BDforever

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Five American soldiers have been killed accidentally by their own side in southern Afghanistan, US military sources have confirmed.

An Afghan soldier and an interpreter also died in the Nato air strike after Monday's operation in Zabul province

Afghan officials say coalition forces called in air support when they were attacked by the Taliban at the end of the operation. Nato is investigating.

Militants have stepped up attacks as foreign combat troops leave this year.

The incident, which happened on Monday, is among the most serious cases of so-called "friendly fire" in Afghanistan, where Nato-led troops have been battling Taliban and other insurgents since 2001.

A statement from international forces in Kabul said: "Tragically there is the possibility that fratricide may have been involved."

Nato did not immediately confirm the nationality of these latest casualties.

But the BBC's David Loyn in Kabul says the term "fratricide" is used by US forces when they mistakenly kill soldiers on their own side.

source: BBC News - Nato forces kill five US troops in Afghanistan

sad for the families and for them . but everybody knows what us forces did there in Afghanistan and Iraq !

Ouch...they dropped thousands of bombs from the sky on those people....

Now they know what it's like.

when they kill people, send zionist Al Qaeda, it's normal

When they got killed, RIP, poor soldiers:(

R.I.P. .... unfortunately Friendly Fire is still a threat to any soldier in any army.

I am also sorry for the guy who is responsible for this, it must be an immense mental torture on this pour soul :(

R.I.P.

I Remember when American F/A 18's mistook british troops for enemys.....

and on cue the wanna be jihadi who lives off america's welfare, rejoices on deaths of american soldiers. Yet he and his ilk does not have the self respect to go back to their cave dwelling country... the parasites that US allows I tell ya.

Both US forces and Taliban are detrimental to the development of the Middle East and the world as a whole. The US played a big role in the proclaimed 'clash of civilizations' accepted false reality we see today. Lately the policy seems to be shifting, it's too early to judge. If a more productive and supportive path is taken as it has been under the Obama administration then this world will become a better place to live in for all peoples.

Doesn't make me a 'jihadi', whatever that means. I'm not familiar with that recently manufactured term. Maybe you could define it to us. So we could move on from there.

Try doing so without the slurs and name calling.

The Taliban knows what it feels like to be hit by their own weapon.

Don't play this game. I said in my post that I neither prefer the US or the Taliban in the region. I'm not here to appease you and should get over that fact.

Don't play this game. I said in my post that I neither prefer the US or the Taliban in the region. I'm not here to appease you and should get over that fact.

Who would the Afghan civilians rather have in control? They are extremely afraid for their lives, as American soldiers withdrawal. I don't blame them, especially anyone that worked with NATO.

Who would the Afghan civilians rather have in control? They are extremely afraid for their lives, as American soldiers withdrawal. I don't blame them, especially anyone that worked with NATO.

All options aren't good for them. I would say the Afghani government needs to well equipped to deal with any threats.

Back
Top Bottom