What's new

National Parks in Pakistan

Hingol River​

632e73eaf33bf6e3e97b06cd6e0de12b.jpg

MASHALLAH.....amazing pictures. The place is really worth taking the pictures. You must have a good camera with you. I really liked the jagged rocks and rugged terrain. Were is this park located. Did you drive there. When I InshAllah come back to Pakistan, I will try to go here. Beautiful place.:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

It was after the US Cruise missile attacks on Afghanistan in 1998 that western tourists disappeared from Pakistan, esp NWFP.

Islamia College Peshawar has also got a historical importance and tourists used to visit our college but after those attacks, at least I never saw a western tourist in Islamia College Peshawar.

They seem to strictly follow the govt instructions regarding safety of tourists. Till 1997-98, several buddha relics in the Taxila area or Takht Bhai etc used to attract a lot of western tourists. Now mostly chinese tourists still come but US and europeans tourists are not advised by their govts or tour operators as not being safe.

The small businesses of people in the areas of tourism like Chitral, Swat, Gilgit, Hunza, Kaghan Valley, Murree and galiat, Ziarat near Quetta, Turbela Lake etc can be saved even by Pakistani tourists if they prefer to spend their money inside Pakistan.

At the same time, central and local govts shall have to facilitate the tourists and three things are most important namely toilets, telephone cabins and eateries. While food seems not be a problem, the public toilets still seem to be a problem.

Govt can buy automatic toilets with auto washing and cleaning and install them in the tourists zones. In Europe, even in the cities one can see these toilets on roadsides. In some cities they are free and in others they are paid but still very cheap.

Other big issue seems to be the roads. They are of paramount importance. The roads of Swat, esp those leading to kalam are always in a poor condition, no matter which year you visit. In swat, the paths ahead of Kalam allow only 4X4 vehicles to continue ahead. Roads should be constructed there especially leading to Gibral, Mataltan etc. The area ahead of Kalam is mostly unspoiled by commercial expansion and is a paradise but virtually no work has been done there since 1960s. I saw the dates on some of the bridges there and they dated back to 1962 and then there was no renovation work.

Roads leading to Kaghan valley also need to be improved. Once we returned from Shogran simply because a small bridge had fallen and we could not go ahead.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom