What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only on one condition if @Marshmallow agrees to wear a 'tracking collar' so that we know shes safe wherever she is whenever she is outside of Naswarabad !

Something like this :

collar.jpg

no something like this one
Cat_pink_w.jpg

APPROVED!

All influential citizens of Naswarabad, let your voices be heard in support of our @Marshmallow.

funny-kids-pictures-i-spy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir my story is complicated so i won't bore you much. Just to say that my primary and secondary education was in Pakistan, i did my secondary education from St. Mary's Academy, Lallazar.

Following on from that i never had the grades to be a doctor, so i worked at my uncles private clinic as a extra hand, helping with wound dressing, first aid, basic dispensing etc. In 2003 i got accepted at a Teaching Hospital in the UK (North Hartleypool) to do my Diploma in Paramedical Sciences, and i also did my BTSL: Basic Trauma Life Support course form the same hospital, where Mashallah i was the only Pakistani and topped my class.

I was invited to do a ETA course with London Ambulance Service, and this was an epic moment in my life.

When i returned to Pakistan, i had trouble getting any job in a hospital or medical clinic. One day i read an advert saying that Islamabad Police under the direciton of SSP Nasir Khan Durrani was starting an Emergency Service, so i plucked the courage got on a Number 22 wagon from outside my house to Zero Point and begged the reader to let me have an Audience with the SSP.

I met the SSP and pleaded with him to take me on even as a Volunteer, just so i could get out of the house and do something, Nasir Khan Durrani was a great man and gave me my break, i was taken on as a daily wages staff at Rs. 5000 per month and thus began my career in Islamabad Police

Mashallah with the grace of god since then i have been selected for numerous courses including basic ATS, EIC, VIS etc. I have had the honour of working with SB and Pak Army on some very sensitive projects and was myself selected as instructor to teach a few subjects at Police Lines and at the National Police Academy.

During the 2005 earthquake, we rescued a Japanese woman from the rubble. Unfortunately her husband and son were not so luck and had been crushed under a book shelf. The Japanese agency she worked for JICA gave us all a certificate.

On the second day when the British Team working came there and saw us working, i think the name of their chief was John Holland was so impressed he arranged a training for us in USAR: Urban Search and Rescue, it was during this time that i met Dr. Rizwan Naseer the founder of Rescue 1122 who invited me and a few others to help train rescue 1122 staff (which at the time was called PEAS: Punjab Emergency Ambulance Service).

Since that time i have helped train Rescue 1122 staff in Punjab and civil defence in KPK and Punjab, i had the honour of representing Pakistan at the UN INSARAG: International Search and Rescue Advisory Group steering committee in Dubai 2008.

We also introduced the US FEMA as a CERT Master Trainer : Community Emergency Response Team, and have trained 200+ volunteers in Islamabad and Lahore for the National Volunteer movement (Something the present government disbanded) :(

In 2011 i decided to leave my role due to politics and family reasons, Since 2011 i co own and run a consultancy based in Islamabad, but am still on the faculty of PTS as visiting lecturer.

That is about it. Sorry for the long and boring life story... Booth bolta hoon, at least that is what the wife says.

@RescueRanger Interesting stuff!
I happened to meet a few Slovenian who explained how there are voluntary firemen and ambulance people in every town there and that these people get trained and not get the equipment (enough to hold on till the district or city staff comes) but are not paid....In case of an emergency they are 1st to react and then later the district rescue comes in...

I know this system is also found in Italy, Spain, Holland and other European countries....My Question:

Does Pakistan have this if no why not?

If yes, then why is it still not efficient?

Listening now....1st time heard of him! :blink: Yaar I only seem to know singers from 80s and 90s and EARLY 2000s...After that was in UNI and well not much Music had a boring nerd style life! I feel soo old!

listen to his Yaheen and Bolay i cant post da videos becuz right nw im online frm my PC not laptop and it doesnt have da hotspot shield installed

mayb @A.Rafay can post da videos

LOL... The 60 old driver must have requested to stay on job. I bet he is rich as anything, they just love to keep themselves busy. Yes, I know about Norway; it's very expensive, however, the pays they get there, more than compensate for everything.

@Hyperion

Mein nay poora Sweden 1 bus mein thori ghuma tha?! :angry:

I noticed it in EVERY bus I used!

Yes, Sweden and Norway pay handsomely coz they know their std of living is sky rocket!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom