NAG Hits Bull's Eye In Final Developmental Trials

Water Car Engineer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ue1cTnD.png

w31UNyW.png

Do you think a tank should fire an BM? There is no point in Tank firing long range missiles or rockets. 4-8 km is fine enough.

Slowly but steadily after failures and learnings our short range missile programmes are getting fructified.
It's announced as 8km missile,now they tested with 50percentage reduced range. I think it's having the potential similar to hellfire and spikeER,but now totally disappointed with this 4km range. It's having only a marginal range advantages over shoulder firing spike or javelin,but nag require a heavy and dedicated namica platform. I don't see logic in inducting 4km heavy missile NAG with its supporting platform namica when 2km spike/javelin is in offer.

It's announced as 8km missile,now they tested with 50percentage reduced range. I think it's having the potential similar to hellfire and spikeER,but now totally disappointed with this 4km range. It's having only a marginal range advantages over shoulder firing spike or javelin,but nag require a heavy and dedicated namica platform. I don't see logic in inducting 4km heavy missile NAG with its supporting platform namica when 2km spike/javelin is in offer.

I've heard some time back the army is accepting the shorter version as they continue to get the range to 8km. The thar desert conditions continuing to give challenges. The Spike at one point failed trials there as well.

I think the advantage is in being fired from a vehicle. We can stock more missiles and carrying them is easier.

All in due time.

IMHO advanced iterations of the missile are imminent.
One hurdle at a time buddy.

the air launched version is 8 km. IA wanted 4km for land version

Accuracy of the electronics onboard the Nag is more important than range. Range can be improved at any time. Weight reduction and miniaturization will be next.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom