What's new

NADRA Launches New Smart National ID Card.

do these are now issued instead of CNIC??

Yes, this would be the new CNIC card.

560849_407555392649917_1226870270_n.jpg

:tup:

Hey did anyone read the red balloon part :D

BUT I see potential fraud - Maybe they will say you need this one to caste your vote!

Big question is the trade-off, is the risk higher than the benefit. I don't think so , Pakistan should move and go for the entire population irrespective of what nay sayers might say.

I disagree with putting too much information on one card..
Wrong use by authorities and those who can access the card info can blackmail the holder easily..

Plus like it happens here in UK...even a simple chocolate bar theft from a superstore can give you po.ice record and that record remains on your prifile for yeards,and that means far lesser job oppertunities as employers can ask for your 'criminal record' and that comes back as 'theft' not 'chocolate bar theft' ... Thats the main reason most people become 'repeat offenders' here , because once you get police record you cant get back to normal life as too many people have acces to seeing your record..

Same with 'credit history'. Once you miss one payment of a credit card bill for whatever reason..banks keep the recird and again too many people can see that record,and then life becomes expensive for you,as no phone company will give you contract phones, you wont get cheap power and gas tsriffd, only expensive ones..

I see all this 'Big Brother' bull**it coming to Pakistan and ending the different forms of freedoms we had and western countries didnt have.

........... :laugh:

bringing record to book seems to offend... smaller crimes are the biggest crimes in terms of morality, "chal chad yar" wali mentality should be abandoned...

we must strive to improve quality of life in the society for that we need to develop these records in an easy-to-access form. what is the credibility of a witness who was guilty of theft of chocolate from a bar? therefore, there should be fear of wrong doing, a punishment and a record of that for others to see.

^^ But it does more bad than good and power is shifted to a higher echolon..
I cant check what the banks are doing but they can check every move of mine,as chip n pin card records where i spend my money, and banks are entitled to sell or give my information to other organisations without my knowledge or permission,so there goes my privacy.
Same for 'chocolate bar' theft... And other crimes..
People go to jail or serve their punishment,but the 'record' keep haunting them for 5 to 10 years,making their lives tense and difficult .. That isnt fair as the guy served the legal punishment..

If memory serves right Pakistan Army started issuing cards based on this technology 4-6 months ago.

I disagree with putting too much information on one card..
Wrong use by authorities and those who can access the card info can blackmail the holder easily..

Plus like it happens here in UK...even a simple chocolate bar theft from a superstore can give you po.ice record and that record remains on your prifile for yeards,and that means far lesser job oppertunities as employers can ask for your 'criminal record' and that comes back as 'theft' not 'chocolate bar theft' ... Thats the main reason most people become 'repeat offenders' here , because once you get police record you cant get back to normal life as too many people have acces to seeing your record..

Same with 'credit history'. Once you miss one payment of a credit card bill for whatever reason..banks keep the recird and again too many people can see that record,and then life becomes expensive for you,as no phone company will give you contract phones, you wont get cheap power and gas tsriffd, only expensive ones..

I see all this 'Big Brother' bull**it coming to Pakistan and ending the different forms of freedoms we had and western countries didnt have.

There can be a distinction between public, private and authorized data. If I give you a mandate to check my credit history, then its of no problem. Even today Banks ask for all your bank statements before issuing you a loan, if you have too many loans already it won't issue you one. Only difference is, you can lie today by not presenting your entire record. With this the banks would know precisely if you are a risk or not.

About missing payments - a rating system can be devised. If you miss some you get negative points, if you are on time you get plus points, eventually you go up - you can give a mandate to the companies only for the rating, not the detail of that rating.

Regulation can be brought in to ensure the companies cannot legally ask you too much information to disburse loans.

Proper regulation and good processes are needed. If Imran comes to power, I'm sure we will see a lot of good stuff in this regard as he has already laid down a road map for such e-governance.

^^ But it does more bad than good and power is shifted to a higher echolon..
I cant check what the banks are doing but they can check every move of mine,as chip n pin card records where i spend my money, and banks are entitled to sell or give my information to other organisations without my knowledge or permission,so there goes my privacy.
Same for 'chocolate bar' theft... And other crimes..
People go to jail or serve their punishment,but the 'record' keep haunting them for 5 to 10 years,making their lives tense and difficult .. That isnt fair as the guy served the legal punishment..

privacy issue is a separate thing, it can be overcome by small measure such as that the organization wont be able to share your record with other organizations without your permission.

and like you mentioned the chocolate theft, there can be grading system to that of degree 1, 2,3 ....

means developing system wont be a bad idea, here you know the situation, every man is roaming around as if he has just come out of his mother's womb.. even if he has killed 20 people, he would still be the angel.

In Karachi they are going to introduce online FIR registration system, the car registration can be checked online, the Patwar khana of Patokee is online etc

so having some system is better than having no system at all..

^^ These systems are in itself a security risk for people.
Keyword 'vigilante justice'.

Legislation can be made to restrict who can access what info.
But here in UK they have lost it completely,even the law is one sided,benifiting the rich and against the poor.

But are our law makers interested in making the required laws?
I still remember filling out forms with 'Government of India' printed on them as nobody made a new law,and the department cant change the forms without a law change...
Such is the effeciency of our assemblies..
Far too busy pulling eachothers legs,and not much law making for people.

Islamabad: Nadra has started issuing Smart Cards, the most secure national identity card of the world, containing 36 security features.

The first Smart Card has been issued on the name of Asif Ali Zardari, President of Pakistan, the sources said adding that Director General (DG), Nadra, presented the first card to President Asif Ali Zardari in President House on Monday night. The Smart Card is a 3rd Generation Chip-based identity document. ;)

Nadra starts issuing Smart Cards - thenews.com.pk

Card Inauguration Failed :tdown:

if NADRA becomes corruption free, no foreigner terror may come to get Pakistani IDs, who have face resemblance with our 2 provinces (unfortunately)

if NADRA becomes corruption free, no foreigner terror may come to get Pakistani IDs, who have face resemblance with our 2 provinces (unfortunately)

Yaaraa why aren't the people from those two provinces proactive enough to send them back to where they came from ? Surely no Afghan can live in KPK, Balochistan or FATA if the residents of those areas hadn't socially accepted them !

Yaaraa why aren't the people from those two provinces proactive enough to send them back to where they came from ? Surely no Afghan can live in KPK, Balochistan or FATA if the residents of those areas hadn't socially accepted them !

I can write an essay in reply,but i wont :P

Back
Top Bottom