Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Afghanistan population = 20+ million
Pakistan population = 200 million

Afghanistani purchasing capacity = next to nothing
Pakistani purchasing capacity = HUGE

Here are the numbers:

annually Afghanistan export worth $102 million products to India and import $136 worth goods.
http://afghanistantimes.af/transit-...ghan-india-trade-ties-remain-at-lowest-level/

Exports from India to Pakistan reached almost $2.3 billion while exports from Pakistan to India were $430 million from 2013 to 2014, according to the Indian Department of Commerce.
[

Bharati media is penny wise pound foolish if not downright $tupid to shout about sending stuff to Afghanistan at the cost of its trade relations with Pakistan.

I don't think too many Bharati posters on PDF know that the imports through Pakistan (especially non-food items) that go to Afghanistan duty free are smuggled back to Pakistan.

peace

@Atanz, @Gufi, @Slav Defence, @Luftwaffe, @WebMaster, @Jungibaaz, @jaibi, @notsuperstitious, @Azlan Haider, @ajpirzada, @DESERT FIGHTER, @AgNoStiC MuSliM, @Jazzbot, @Jf Thunder, @Hyperion, @JonAsad, @Nihonjin1051, @cirr, @Cherokee @Donatello, @Genesis,

@Bamxa, @SarthakGanguly, @Cat Shannon, @Butchcassidy, @Norwegian, @Mr.UTurn, @GreenFalcon, @Syed.Ali.Haider,

@Joe Shearer, @scorpionx, @Irfan Baloch, @orangzaib, @jhungary, @Xeric, @Icarus, @CENTCOM

Last edited:

Bharati media is penny wise pound foolish if not downright $tupid to shout about sending stuff to Afghanistan at the cost of its trade relations with Pakistan.

I don't think too many Bharati posters on PDF know that the imports through Pakistan (especially non-food items) that go to Afghanistan duty free are smuggled back to Pakistan.

peace

@Atanz, @Gufi, @Slav Defence, @Luftwaffe, @WebMaster, @Jungibaaz, @jaibi, @notsuperstitious, @Azlan Haider, @ajpirzada, @DESERT FIGHTER, @AgNoStiC MuSliM, @Jazzbot, @Jf Thunder, @Hyperion, @JonAsad, @Nihonjin1051, @cirr, @Cherokee @Donatello, @Genesis,

@Bamxa, @SarthakGanguly, @Cat Shannon, @Butchcassidy, @Norwegian, @Mr.UTurn, @GreenFalcon, @Syed.Ali.Haider,

@Joe Shearer, @scorpionx, @Irfan Baloch, @orangzaib, @jhungary, @Xeric, @Icarus, @CENTCOM
Pakistanis willing to buy Indian goods = x
Afghans willing to buy Indian goods = y
Indian media thinks that this x < y.

Smuggling is fine for us. Lots of goods travel to the Gulf then back into Pakistan. It gets many good Pakistanis to feel that they are buying stuff from the Gulf and not from India. :)

And one personal question - please don't mind. Are you from India? I mean erstwhile India...

Pakistanis willing to buy Indian goods = x
Afghans willing to buy Indian goods = y
Indian media thinks that this x < y.

Smuggling is fine for us. Lots of goods travel to the Gulf then back into Pakistan. It gets many good Pakistanis to feel that they are buying stuff from the Gulf and not from India. :)

And one personal question - please don't mind. Are you from India? I mean erstwhile India...

Exports from India to Pakistan reached almost $2.3 billion while exports from Pakistan to India were $430 million from 2013 to 2014, according to the Indian Department of Commerce.

Bhai Sahib

Kiyon lambii lambi chortay ho? (why spread ignorance and constipated conspiracy theories?)

Despite Skepticism Over India-Pakistan Relations, Trade Provides Hope
ICRIER: India-Pakistan Trade

annually Afghanistan export worth $102 million products to India and import $136 worth goods.
http://afghanistantimes.af/transit-...ghan-india-trade-ties-remain-at-lowest-level/

Here are the numbers:

[

peace

Sir, the intention here is not the benefit from trade. For such a large economy, peanuts like this aren't enough to make you push so hard through media and lobbying. My point being, you said it yourself, benefits from trade alone aren't at all that convincing. What's left?

What could they possibly gain from more direct links and presence in Afghanistan? I've always said that there's a great game being played there. Indian intentions with regards to Pakistan through Afghanistan have also been very clear.

It is well within the interests of some to fuel trouble in Pakistan in which ever way they can, perhaps that doesn't mean all forms of militancy, but certain events in the past war, certain terrorist incidents were indeed very telling.

Sir, the intention here is not the benefit from trade. For such a large economy, peanuts like this aren't enough to make you push so hard through media and lobbying. My point being, you said it yourself, benefits from trade alone aren't at all that convincing. What's left?

What could they possibly gain from more direct links and presence in Afghanistan? I've always said that there's a great game being played there. Indian intentions with regards to Pakistan through Afghanistan have also been very clear.

It is well within the interests of some to fuel trouble in Pakistan in which ever way they can, perhaps that doesn't mean all forms of militancy, but certain events in the past war, certain terrorist incidents were indeed very telling.
@FaujHistorian,
I agree with jungibaaz 100%.Although trade b/w Pakistan and India can bring new hope and optimist can harp and rhyme "peace in this region". However,situation is not that much simple as we are assuming here.Of course, you can call us pessimist but truth cannot be changed.
We are dealing with India in this case not China,my friend-so it will be quite natural for us to assume all possible threats which India may harbor to develop anti state nexus or whatever.
Regards

India pakistan trade numbers are near to zero.......so open your door...India want to have trade with you

Statistics available from net is accurate as posted in Original Thread opening Post.

The objection is for the term "at the cost of trade relations with Pakistan " is absolutely a joke as there is no suggestion as to link Indian trade with Afghanistan to that of Pakistan .

Both are different cases and we are trying to make a good trade relation with a country which is expected start from Zero.

Countries like China , India are investing a lot of money in resource sector and expect the economy of Afghanistan to grow in tandem and doing the ground work for a better trade relation which will reflect with going time.

The comment " trying to create trouble in Pakistan " by asking for a road route is completely laughable and utterly stupid.

Its ok and understandable if there is no apparent infra or setups... to check, validate and operate a road route or the inability to have something of that sort which can connect Afghanistan and India which is beneficial to both .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom