What's new

Mystery SCAR 16 at the German Düsseldorf ax attack.

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
SCAR-660x290.jpg

On 9:th of March 2017, a 36-year old suspect was detained after an axe attack that injured nine persons in the main train station in Düsseldorf, Germany.

One of the pictures that caught my attention was this FN SCAR-L Short with a 10″ barrel and an EOTech sight. Most likely carried by a member of the Spezialeinsatzkommando (SEK).

I was surprised to the the German Police use a SCAR, but after checking with some of my contacts I know better now. Actually the distance from Dusseldorf to Belgium (FN) is not far at all, which may be part of the explanation?

Below: The sign on the door says: “Herzlich willkommen“, in english i.e. “a warm welcome”. Those in urgent need of help I’m sure concur as the SWAT Team are on their way.

2017-03-09-22.48.09-660x495.png

The Police outside were equipped with HK MP5s.

2017-03-09-22.57.38-660x495.png

Mobiles Einsatzkommando (MEK) special units of the criminal investigation units of the German state police

Spezialeinsatzkommando (SEK) special units of the German state police.

According to Wikipedia also the GSG use the SCAR, but I was told by a very reliable source they don’t, so who knows?

According to Wikipedia the German SEK are using the following firearms:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/21/mystery-scar-16-german-dusseldorf-ax-attack/

NB: German citizenship is not required to be a police officer in Germany (with Landes Polizei) ....

Police departments in big cities are especially keen to recruit officers from ethnic minorities to reduce language and cultural barriers. However, minorities still make up less than one percent of officer numbers.

Landespolizei officers do carry handguns and each German States Landespolizei is different from another German State in what sidearm they carry, this list includes some but not all the weapons utilized by various Landespolizei as well as weapons that have been phased out.
  • Heckler & Koch USP- P10 variant was adopted by Thuringia State Police and Saxony State Police
  • Heckler & Koch P30- Ordered by Hesse State Police
  • Heckler & Koch VP9- Ordered by Saxony State Police, Mecklenburg-West Pomerania State Police, Lower Saxony State Police and the Brandenburg State Police.
  • Heckler & Koch P7- utilized by the Bavarian State Police and Baden-Württemberg State Police
  • Sig Sauer P226- Used by Special Deployment Commando of the 16 State Police Forces
  • Walther P5- Used by Lower Saxony State Police
  • Walther P99- Utilized by North Rhine-Westphalia Police and Rhineland-Palatinate State Police

State police forces (LaPo) are divided into the following branches:
  • Schutzpolizei ("Schupo") - uniformed police officers who patrol the streets and respond to emergency calls.
  • Bereitschaftspolizei (BePo) - Uniformed units of the LaPo that provide additional manpower for the Schupo, natural disasters, sporting events, traffic control or demonstrations.
  • Verkehrspolizei - The traffic police in Germany.
  • Autobahnpolizei - The highway patrol in Germany. In some statess a sub division of the Verkehrspolizei.
  • Wasserschutzpolizei (WSP) - The river police for patrolling rivers, lakes and harbours.
  • Wachpolizei ("Wapo") - Today called Angestellte im Objektschutz/Gefangenenwesen (employees guarding buildings, embassies or watch over and transport convicts), are non-sworn officers in, e.g., Berlin and Baden-Würtemberg.
  • Kriminalpolizei ("Kripo") - the detective branch, responsible for investigations. For instance, if a car is broken into, the Schupo will respond, secure the car, notify the owner etc., and then hand the case over to Kripo for investigation. This is called "Erster Angriff", literally "first advance".
  • Landeskriminalamt (LKA) - State Investigation Bureau supervises police operations aimed at preventing and investigating criminal offences, and coordinates investigations involving more than one Präsidium. Some crimes are exclusive tasks of the LKA like crimes against the constitution, organized crime, youth gangs or political motivated crime. Dedicated to the LKA:
The Federal Police (Bundespolizei or BPOL) is a (primarily) uniformed federal police force in Germany. It is subordinate to the Federal Ministry of the Interior (Bundesministerium des Innern (BMI)). Ordinary police forces, meanwhile, are under the administration of the individual German states (Bundesländer) and are known as the Landespolizei.

Back
Top Bottom