What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

Screenshot_2020-05-20-03-19-39-877_com.android.chrome.png
IMG_20200520_032013.jpg

Is it true? Myanmar really brought 100 tanks from Israel? @Aung Zaya

Yes and No, Yes Isreal did sell 150 tanks but they are not exactly tanks. They are more of a Tank destroyer.
EE-9 Cascavel
Isnt that brazilian?

I think it is cancelled. may be more from China.
China cant sell it without Pak permission.. we are 60-40 partners and market it jointly. That said its not even officially inducted yet... so if you guys do buy it, it will take time.

Su-25 is a better option. Affordable and also good for supporting ground forces.
yes. it is currently most needed one coming with affordable price.

Isnt that brazilian?
yes. but upgraded by Israel. Most of Myanmar armed force hardware from western origin are modified and upgraded by Israel including MPAs. bro

China cant sell it without Pak permission.. we are 60-40 partners and market it jointly. That said its not even officially inducted yet... so if you guys do buy it, it will take time.
I means may be different type not JF. I think political pressure hit so hard and to buy block - 3 in massive numbers may now have been cancelled. it is too bad and JF-17 is the best option to replace our aging F-7. We need at least 2 sqd to replace.

Looks like more river patrol crafts are being constructed in addition to the ones that are being commissioned.
The overall configuration looks pretty much basic tho.
Might be effective in general law enforcement purpose.
But do not seems have a desirable firepower against well dug in enemy along the coast line, something similar to the AAs.

FB_IMG_1590199083736.jpeg
FB_IMG_1590199138047.jpeg

Our LPDs carrying troops and supplies were being ambushed along kaladan river for quite a good number of time already. The few 12.7 machine guns mounted on the LPD and small arms fire from our troops seems to cut off the ambush after a long firefight but it doesnt inflict much fear to the enemy.
I mean some badass river patrol craft with extra firepower will make those degenerates think twice.
Something similar to the river craft below that americans used diring vietnam war.
Fast, agile and small means less likely to get hit by RPG compared to the ones above.
Just an opinion.
maxresdefault.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom