What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

Skoda is very new brand in Myanmar. it's already introduced in Indonesia ? how about its quality ? bro
Its rare item bro unlike the japs, my gradfather used it back in 60's directly imported from ceko/czech its worth for collection, the quality almost like BMW engine, vespa, or VW reliable but ....be ware off over heating... for the new car I dont have much information its rare here in jakarta

Look at this. Full video will be up in afew day on Youtube

I like that Ship Damage Control Simulator. Didn’t know such thing exists until I saw it.

Plus, good to see many army officers speaks fluent Russian.

Its rare item bro unlike the japs, my gradfather used it back in 60's directly imported from ceko/czech its worth for collection, the quality almost like BMW engine, vespa, or VW reliable but ....be ware off over heating... for the new car I dont have much information its rare here in jakarta

here too. bro they said Skoda cars were sold back in 1970s in Myanmar. then They halted the operations due to some reasons. So i bet not more than 5 skoda cars in Yangon. honestly , i dont even know what it looks like when i ever heard that brand. :lol:

K8kkfF7.png

VzrbgMM.png

In the video, CinC said something about Russia helping trained and built submarines and they were showing a Project 636 so it looks promising

In the video, CinC said something about Russia helping trained and built submarines and they were showing a Project 636 so it looks promising
That's what we're saying all the time. :D Cheer ..!!! bro :cheers: if u noticed , they also showed Kalibr missiles launching from kilo-class submarine.

That's what we're saying all the time. :D Cheer ..!!! bro :cheers: if u noticed , they also showed Kalibr missiles launching from kilo-class submarine.
They also showed a VLS and I think there was also a BTR-80

Last edited:
European car makers express interest in Myanmar
Htoo Thant 02 Jul 2019
european_0.jpg

Aung Htay Hlaing/The Myanmar Times

The Czech Republic has announced interest to assemble Skoda cars in Myanmar, U Thaung Tun, Union minister for Investment and Foreign Economic Relations, said last week.

“The Czechs sold the Skoda in Myanmar in the past and now they’ve made an offer to start production here,” U Thaung Tun said at an investment promotion event held on June 26 in Nay Pyi Taw. He added that Hungary has also voiced interest in starting similar operations in the country.

Hungary and Czech Republic made the offers during State Counsellor Daw Aung San Suu Kyi’s Europe visit last month, he said. However, more information on assembling Skoda vehicles in Myanmar was not provided.

Hungary has offered to manufacture electric cars in Myanmar and the Ministry of Industry will cooperate, said U Aung Naing Oo, permanent secretary of the Ministry of Investment and Foreign Economic Relations. “Hungary is making plans to cooperate with the Ministry of Industry. It will be an assembly plant,” he said.

U Ko Ko Lwin, permanent secretary of Ministry of Industry, said they will import three cars on a trial run basis. “We’ll import three cars and carry out a test drive with them in Myanmar to gauge their performance. After that, we’ll discuss how to cooperate,” he said.

“We have actually received many enquiries from foreign countries to invest in Myanmar and interest in producing automobiles is among the popular questions asked, not just by the Japanese and other Asians but also by the Europeans,” U Thaung Tun said.

On May 30, Toyota Motor Corporation announced that it will establish Toyota Myanmar Co Ltd in Thilawa Special Economic Zone as its first vehicle production company in Myanmar, where it will locally produce the Hilux from February 2021.

Investment is expected to amount to US$52.6 million. It intends to assemble around 2500 Hilux vehicles using the semi knock-down method and will hire around 130 employees.

Myanmar's strategic coastline lures big Asian economies

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/B...strategic-coastline-lures-big-Asian-economies

Vietnam to deepen ties with Myanmar

A recent Vietnamese delegation to Nay Pyi Taw led by the country’s Deputy Prime Minister Mr. Vuong Dinh Hue is hoping to boost investment and trade ties with Myanmar.

The delegation, which was in the Union capital on June 16 and June 17 to promote economic cooperation between the two countries, was met by Vice President U MyintSwe, Union ministers as well as the Central Bank of Myanmar Governor and Vice Governor.

Vuong hopes to implement more investment and trade activities in Myanmar through the Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV), which opened a branch in the country in March 2016 with a charter capital of US$85 million. Prior to the branch opening, BIDV had a representative office, which opened in April 2010.

BIDV, which has partnerships with CB Bank, Ayeyarwady Bank and KBZ Bank, mainly provides services to Vietnamese investors but has also given out loans to local small and medium enterprises (SMEs). As at May 31, 2019, BIDV has total assets in Myanmar of US$130 million with mobilized capital of US$46.5 million and loans valued at US$20 million. Compared to 2018, corporate customers have increased by 27pc.

BIDV chair Mr. Phan Duc Tu said there should be longer-term economic ties between the two countries and that the bank will continue to receive the support of the Vietnamese government for these ties.

BIDV Deputy Chief Executive Officer Daw Khin Khin Cho said the bank has become profitable, although the profit, from January to June of this year, was near 1 million US$.

“The bank’s profits are minimal but we are starting to see it,” she said, adding that the bank was planning to give out loans to local corporations but will study the risks first since Myanmar does not have a rating for companies’ risk profile.

She added that the bank, in partnership with local banks, have extended loans to local SMEs and have been supporting 30 SMEs with their trading and remittance needs.

Assamese delegation in Mandalay to explore opportunities
Khin Su Wai 04 Jul 2019

The Mandalay-Sagaing metropolitan region could be the hub for joint venture investments between Myanmar and Indian businesses from Assam, in northeast India.

A delegation from Assam led by the state’s commerce ministry with eight members of the state’s legislative assembly and 12 senior state government officials arrived in Mandalay on July 3 to discuss potential bilateral agreements.

An Indian business executive, Assam Industrial Development Industrial Cooperation managing director Mr Virendra Mittal, told the Myanmar Times that the delegation wanted to explore investment possibilities while additional chief secretary to the state government Jishnu Barua said tourism “is in the priority list”.

The Indian delegation said Myanmar continues to be central to India’s “Act East Policy” due to the country’s location as the eastern gateway for India to the rest of Southeast Asia. The policy was unveiled at the 12th Asean-India Summit in 2014 held in Naypyidaw.

In particular, the delegation wanted to explore business ties across northeast India and northwest Myanmar, regions that border each other.

Meanwhile, India’s consul-general at Mandalay, Mr Nandan Singh Bhaisora, said potential areas for investments or joint ventures include the apparel and garment industry, mining, gas, construction and water infrastructure.

“The Mandalay-Sagaing region is strategic with abundant natural resources, a large pool of workers as well as tourism potential. There are opportunities to link northeast India with this region,” he said.

Back
Top Bottom