What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

agreed !! but we're in war with some rebel groups.So every single troops 's safety , comfort in battle is also as important as advanced high tech gear. now , u can see we're certainly not weak in terms of air force , navy and army hardwares. but for somethings like personal equipment and gears are far below even in ASEAN standard. we should fix it as fast as we can.

i think it would be Yak-130 as we have 16 now. That's why we increase in numbers after the first batch arrived.

may be Mi35 is more than enough for rebels who dont have any advanced weapons. should invest in logistic like buying more mi-171 and it could give lower chance of ambush during deployment. we need at least 20+ Mi-17 for rapid deployment.

Yes agreed, also personal protection system is easy to manufacture.

CAS, yak 130 are capable aircraft for now but they won’t hold up that well in a conventional war.

Given a choice between mi35 and the Ka-52, I would choose the Ka-52 for future proofing as well. Maybe a mix of mi35 and Ka-52s?

Yes agreed, also personal protection system is easy to manufacture.

CAS, yak 130 are capable aircraft for now but they won’t hold up that well in a conventional war.

Given a choice between mi35 and the Ka-52, I would choose the Ka-52 for future proofing as well. Maybe a mix of mi35 and Ka-52s?

What’s your opinion towards the Ka 52s? Why do you think they are more suitable for MAF?

I checked the Wiki and there’s only one international operator which is Egypt.

What about Havoc? The price tag is about the same with ~16 Mn USD

but the price of Ka-52 with full weapon package is insanely high. not suitable for our current budget status.

Im saying the Ka-52s should be like the more elite of the helicopters because of its ability to take off from highly mountainous terrain, making it an option for usage in places like Shan State. But I didn’t know how expensive the KA-52s were so my bad.

Im saying the Ka-52s should be like the more elite of the helicopters because of its ability to take off from highly mountainous terrain, making it an option for usage in places like Shan State. But I didn’t know how expensive the KA-52s were so my bad.
they are expansive but I think we can aford a batch of 6 or 8 in a few years

Saw this photo on the New York Times, any idea how old is it?
Also does this mean MOLLE plate carriers are already being issued because the carriers I see in this picture are in the older woodland pattern.
75B54E8A-62FF-466D-AE3B-6047376F3C25.jpeg

Actually our Mi35s are battle proven since 2011 (lajaryang battle) and it helped us regain control of laukking and monekoe. I think we can stick with them for a while with upgrades here and there.

My only concern is the maingun. It is a fixed double barrel 30mm gun that needs the Hind to face the direction it is firing. It loses the element of surprise in some cases and can be abit dangerous to the pilots.

I saw this photo from facebook and it looks like our birds are upgraded with heat dissipater. Smart move by airforce since rebels are lowkey stockpiling cheap chinese manpads. At least it gives decent protection to the pilots from manpad attack.
FB_IMG_1555976683577.jpeg

Last edited:
I
Actually our Mi35s are battle proven since 2011 (lajaryang battle) and it helped us regain control of laukking and monekoe. I think we can stick with them for a while with upgrades here and there.

My only concern is the maingun. It is a fixed double barrel 30mm gun that needs the Hind to face the direction it is firing. It loses the element of surprise in some cases and can be abit dangerous to the pilots.

I saw this photo from facebook and it looks like our birds are upgraded with heat dissipater. Smart move by airforce since rebels are lowkey stockpiling cheap chinese manpads. At least it gives decent protection to the pilots from manpad attack.View attachment 555221

I had a closeup photo of it, with the heat dissipator installed, sitting on the tarmac. Let me see if I can find it back from my computer today.

I got that photo like at least 4 years back so I guess we had it for quite sometime now.

[QUOTE = "tarpitz, post: 11395656, membro: 152478"] 8000 miglia di viaggio di F 14. [ATTACH = pieno] 555229 [/ ATTACH] [ATTACH = pieno] 555230 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]
The photo of the F-14 is not recent, currently the frigate has the ASW 324mm triple torpedo tubes

At near the end of the video, C in C is hugged by deputy defense minister Alexander Fomin.
The level of friendship between the two leaders is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom