What's new

My wife Instagram Account hacked ..need help!

If the Instagram was linked to her Facebook then it should be an easy recovery
Using the Facebook account to contact support
Otherwise just report it on the browser based Instagram page
this is one aspect i did not thought before i just ask her now she did not linked it with fb account.

Oh my, how'd that happen in the first place?
somone posted a link on her comment which look like genuine reply to her query and when she click the link nothing happend and after 30 minutes she got mail for email change on her instagram

You need to find out where the hack was made possible, this could be worse than you think

Her e-mail address could be compromised which allowed access to the IG account, which may mean many other accounts are at risk (shopping sites, other socials, personal info)

It's likely she clicked a link sent to her by an unknown profile which prompted her to enter her log in which was then logged into a database by the scammer

The second option is the more common one and likely, but I mention the first one because it usually requires e-mail confirmation to change some account details which may indicate her e-mail is compromised

You should ask her if she entered her IG account details into any website recently
i have already changed her email password and activated two step authentication. yes she was sent a link and by just clicking her account was hacked she did not enter anything

i have already changed her email password and activated two step authentication. yes she was sent a link and by just clicking her account was hacked she did not enter anything
Have you gotten back into the IG account?

If not, you can probably get it back by contacting Instagram support and explaining the situation. Tell them an unknown profile sent you a phishing link and that you have access to the original e-mail used to create the account and they may be able to send a password reset link.

It's probably not a wise idea paying the scammer, he may take your money, and end up selling the account elsewhere anyway.

you will have to contact instagram. Try to login again and when it says credential are incorrect then check the need help option.

There you can contact the instagram. Explain or just follow whatever is there and they will revert back to you. May be they will ask your wife's old email address and official ID with a verification photo with a name on it.

This will do the needful. Important is to have access to the email which your wife used for registration.

Thank you @all i just recover the account. As @SQ8 mentioned here i mass reported the profile for a day and today when i tried to recover it through the usual method it worked and i got it back. Thank soo much for for the ideas

Back
Top Bottom