What's new

My Introduction

Bawag

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Salam Guys,

I am Bawag. Originally from Pakistan but currently living in Australia. By profession, I am a software developer and by qualification, I am a PhD in Computer Science.

I am a regular PDF visitor and reader since ages but was never the contributor. However, with the rise of "saffron troll army" on Internet, I have finally chosen to game-up and contribute in the "Online Defence Forces of Pakistan".

Regards and Bleed Green,
Bawag

I had to look this up because, in my mind, I equated "saffron" with Buddhism, not India. I hadn't noticed a troll army of Buddhist monks here at PDF ....

From Wikipedia:
Saffron is a colour resembling the colour of the tip of the saffron crocus thread, from which the spice saffron is derived.

The first recorded use of saffron as a colour name in English was in 1200. It is considered as one of the important colours in Sanatan along with others such as red, blue and white, in which it is known as Bhagwa. The colour has some significance in Buddhism; it is worn by the monks of the Theravada tradition. It is also an important symbolic colour in India, where it was chosen as one of the three colours of the Indian national flag after independence in 1947.

Back
Top Bottom