What's new

Muslims not scared of Modi becoming PM: Jamiat Ulama

ashish1

Reaction score
Country
India
Muslims not scared of Modi becoming PM: Jamiat Ulama - The Times of India

GUWAHATI: The Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind on Friday said it was not worried about the safety and security of Muslims if Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister.

"We are not worried about any Modi. Even if 50 Modis come, we are not afraid. We are not afraid of anyone," Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind president Maulana Syed Arshad Madani told reporters here.

He was asked whether there was any fear among Muslims if Modi became Prime Minister on account of the Gujarat riots.

Modi was given a clean chit by an Ahmedabad court after the SIT report did not name him of involvement in the Gujarat riots of 2002.

"Hindus and Muslims both are originally from this country and they have been living peacefully for centuries. Fighting does not solve any problem. Everyone should live with love and affection," Madani said.

He, however, said that a number of innocent Muslims have been killed in fake encounters after being labelled terrorists.

Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind is organising a religious conference on February 28 at Amoni in Nagaon district.

It will be attended by the Grand Imam of Medina Munawara Mosque Abdul Mehsin al-Qasim.

Or, they can move to Pakistan like how Iraqi Christians moved to Syria after the Shia Islamic Dawa party took power in 2006. :p:

I might be a mugwump but I think BJP is one party which when in power turns completely secular...pretty much like a chameleon :D
So yes hindus and muslims or any minority should not be worried if Modi makes it to the PM seat.

Last edited:
Why should anybody be afraid of Modi? Godhra incident & Gujrat riots were unfortunate, like many other riots in this country in last 65 years, but have we seen Muslims are being persecuted or driven out or penalized in Gujrat after that riot? In fact they are doing far better than most other Muslims in other states.

That reporter who asked such a question is probably a part of the malicious propaganda that is going on for decades to serve vested interests.

India should be scared of Congress and SP rule... that is when the biggest riots have taken place....:eek:

"We are not worried about any Modi. Even if 50 Modis come, we are not afraid. We are not afraid of anyone,"
When I was reading this, I thought the next he would challenge the police to disappear for 15 mins.:D Remember that Akbar guy from Hyderabad?

But good that he did not do that. He could have said that though, because we still have CONgress government:lol:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom