What's new

Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape

ranjeet

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
A Muslim woman and mother of a child in Uttar Pradesh was forced to go through her worst fate that could have befallen her. She was gang-raped by her neighbours and when she informed her husband, who lives in Dubai, about her assault, he sent her an SMS for 'talaq'.

The 25-year-old woman said that her Dubai-based husband, a construction worker, sent her 'talaq' three times through SMS after she confided in him what had happened.

Under the Sharia Law, a man can divorce his wife if he says ‘talaq’ to her three times.

After the SMSes from her husband, the woman was thrown out of the house where she lived with her mother-in-law and her four-year-old son, who was taken into custody by his family.

The woman said that she ‘went numb’ when she received the message. They were married for five-years, the MailOnline reported.

“When I read the message I went numb. I couldn’t believe what I had read. Just three words; talaq, talaq, talaq,” the report quoted her as saying.

“I felt violated. I thought that he would stand by my side through this, to help me through the pain of it. But I was wrong. He took the easiest way out like a coward and divorced me,” the woman, who now lives with her biological parents in Meerut, said.

The report further said that Indian Muslim men are increasingly using various media platforms like Skype, and WhatsApp for divorce.

“Men are misusing technology to make women more vulnerable in society,” the report quoted Zakia Soman, co-founder of the Indian Muslim Women’s Movement (BMMA), as saying.

Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape | Zee News

For how long are we going to continue with this triple talaq BS? Indian muslims going to do it themselves or Intolerance should step in here as well?

@The_Showstopper @Guynextdoor2 @Tridibans @IndoCarib @Mamsalaphala

c.jpg

My name is Khan ......... and I am Scared.

A Muslim woman and mother of a child in Uttar Pradesh was forced to go through her worst fate that could have befallen her. She was gang-raped by her neighbours and when she informed her husband, who lives in Dubai, about her assault, he sent her an SMS for 'talaq'.

The 25-year-old woman said that her Dubai-based husband, a construction worker, sent her 'talaq' three times through SMS after she confided in him what had happened.

Under the Sharia Law, a man can divorce his wife if he says ‘talaq’ to her three times.

After the SMSes from her husband, the woman was thrown out of the house where she lived with her mother-in-law and her four-year-old son, who was taken into custody by his family.

The woman said that she ‘went numb’ when she received the message. They were married for five-years, the MailOnline reported.

“When I read the message I went numb. I couldn’t believe what I had read. Just three words; talaq, talaq, talaq,” the report quoted her as saying.

“I felt violated. I thought that he would stand by my side through this, to help me through the pain of it. But I was wrong. He took the easiest way out like a coward and divorced me,” the woman, who now lives with her biological parents in Meerut, said.

The report further said that Indian Muslim men are increasingly using various media platforms like Skype, and WhatsApp for divorce.

“Men are misusing technology to make women more vulnerable in society,” the report quoted Zakia Soman, co-founder of the Indian Muslim Women’s Movement (BMMA), as saying.

Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape | Zee News

For how long are we going to continue with this triple talaq BS? Indian muslims going to do it themselves or Intolerance should step in here as well?

@The_Showstopper @Guynextdoor2 @Tridibans @IndoCarib @Mamsalaphala

There are issues that people of other faiths just simply cannot understand - talaq for you holy mother cows for us- going over the scale by severity indians must deal first with holy mother cows BS first since it directly effects the communal harmony of people -

The person should seek , rape victim counseling and the organization should contact the worker in gulf offer help to him and help the victim etc

Lack of such services again shows , India is a intolerable society

As for the act of Talaq , SMS or letter or court papers , I think the reasonable thing to do is inperson delivery. That itself is a smaller issue , the bigger issue is the rape allegation

Rape = Crime / Felony (Serious issue) , can be punishable by death in some countries

Divorce = Choice to change life partner (Social issue that needs a third party mediator)

If a person does not wants to live with someone , no force can force them to stay together

To connect the rape with divorce are two separate matter and due to lack of evidence its not wise to speculate

However ... once again , a rape story now associated with India

Last edited:
News item could have been to highlight the divorce part by a person, instead of using Muslim as a headline. Regardless of who you are, you stoop to that level is condemn-able. Of late Indian media is specifically targeting fellow Muslims for some unknown reasons.

There are issues that people of other faiths just simply cannot understand - talaq for you holy mother cows for us- going over the scale by severity indians must deal first with holy mother cows BS first since it directly effects the communal harmony of people -
It's a female issue, much bigger than some stray incident over beef.

If a person does not wants to live with someone , no force can force them to stay together
That is true, however the one seeking divorce should be made to provide alumni if he is able to afford so and both the persons should have same privilege when to comes to divorcing someone.

As far as misogyny(divorcing because she was raped) is concerned, hindus and muslims in subcontinent are truly alike in their treatment to women.

Welcome to 21st century you work for your own self , and when you get divorce you take whats is only yours and I take mine , its called prenup specially if your lady is also a working class socialite

In Pakistan you can't divorce like that. The divorce through courts has to be said three times in a span of three months.. After each moth a meeting is held in court where the divorce is given. Thus this allows adults and buzugs of the family to enter and resolve the dispute. I have no idea how this three times at the same time thing got so famous but it doesn't work that way.

Anyway as for the husband. He is the purest form the element scum if he would divorce his wife after hearing about her gang rape. Geez what's wrong with them.

She should sue For has mehar and custody as the four year old without a doubt goes to the mother. Considering how cheap and filthy the guy is I a. guessing the haq mehar has been set to be a pittance ....

Welcome to 21st century you work for your own self , and when you get divorce you take whats is only yours and I take mine , its called prenup
Thats not the case when your and your spouse's income varies by a large margin.

And certainly not true when spouse doesn't have mean to earn for herself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom