What's new

Musharraf more influential than Bush: Time readers' poll

fatman17

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Islamabad (PTI): Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf has turned out to be more influential than his US counterpart George W Bush or even American Presidential hopefuls Hillary Clinton and John McCain in a poll conducted by Time magazine among its readers to select 100 Most Influential People.

Time had invited its readers to vote for leaders, artists, entrepreneurs and thinkers who shape the world and deserve to be on its annual list, which was released separately today.

Separately, Time released an official list of world's 100 most influential personalities. Tibetan spiritual leader, Dalai Lama tops the official list.

Readers voted for over 200 candidates and among the Indians, Sonia Gandhi emerged on top at the 51st place, while Ratan Tata and venture capitalist Vinod Khosla were ranked at 69th and 111th positions, respectively.

The top three positions in the readers' list have been bagged by video gamer Shigeru Miyamoto, who got almost 2 million votes, followed by Korean pop sensation Rain and comedian Stephen Colbert.

Pakistan People's Party chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari who was going strong at the 20th slot when voting began and was expected to be the youngest influential person has been knocked off the final list.

The list which is released annually featured Musharraf, Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gillani, army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and Pakistani Taliban commander Baitullah Mehsud.

The top three positions in the readers' list have been bagged by video gamer Shigeru Miyamoto, who got almost 2 million votes, followed by Korean pop sensation Rain and comedian Stephen Colbert.

WELL..:crazy:

SO.......!

I mean a videogamer as the most infuention person, give me a break!!

surely there are other worthies for that position, someone who has made a difference to the life and times of his\her fellow beings.

OH.. i missed .. all three top 'WINNERS' are from entertainment industry..though i am still not sure whether mushy is more entertaining than Bush.
Dubia is Dubia you know!;)

OH.. i missed .. all three top 'WINNERS' are from entertainment industry..though i am still not sure whether mushy is more entertaining than Bush.
Dubia is Dubia you know!;)

At least, HE the honorable President of Pakistan Mr. Pervaiz Musharraf is the most popular person ever in indian history, at least it appears so from Indian Press and the interest of common indian in his personality.

I mean a videogamer as the most infuention person, give me a break!!

surely there are other worthies for that position, someone who has made a difference to the life and times of his\her fellow beings.

its people voting for someone whom they feel are influencing their lives directly or indirectly. everytime to take a poll of this nature, it will come out differently but it confirms certain trends in our lives and our thinking. thats all!

Back
Top Bottom