What's new

Mumbai metro to start Operation this Month.

Metro Map of Mumbai

proposed_mumbai_metro_map.jpg

Features of Mumbai Metro Rail

Some of the attractive and technical features of the Mumbai metro system are mentioned below:
  • Four or Six Coaches
  • Single class
  • Air conditioned
  • 80 kmph maximum speed
  • 33 kmph average speed
  • m/sec2 acceleration
  • 1.2 m/sec2 deceleration
  • 1500 accommodation capacity
  • 60,000 pphd system capacity
  • Automatic Ticket Collection
  • Train control with Driver
  • Operation Control Centre
  • Closed Circuit Television
  • Dynamic visual displays and loudspeakers

Kilometers (Km) Fares (Rs.)
Upto 3 = 8
3 to 8 = 10
8 to 12 = 12
12 to 15 = 14
15 to 20 = 17
20 to 25 = 20
25 to 30 = 22
30 and above = 24

Cost of the Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar stretch is Rs 2,356 crore (~400 mn in present day terms - slightly more during the execution phase of the project). The phase-2 (Charkop-Bandra-Mankhurd) will be Rs 7,660 crore ($1.25 billion). If someone wants, I can post the sources.

Some months back, a mono-rail was also commissioned in Mumbai - I guess people would already be aware of that.

Do you know the total cost of Delhi metro combining all the phases? I would guess it would be around $10 billion.

It will take close to 10 years to complete the whole project like it took in Delhi.

no idea about the delhi metro project cost.

Mumbai metro has the worst coaches Bangalore or Gurgaon metro coaches are much better.

Train Interior

HK_MTR_M-Trains_Interior.jpg

@scorpionx dada, Kolkata me bhi elevated metro ka kaam chal raha hai na ?

There is a little reminder in Chinese in the top right corner of the picture. Do all the metro carriages carry warnings in multiple languages?

There is a little reminder in Chinese in the top right corner of the picture. Do all the metro carriages carry warnings in multiple languages?

No . . these coaches are imported from china i guess. may be thats the reason.

Back
Top Bottom