What's new

Mullen: China now a world power.. Lol

VelocuR

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
You see now Mullen uttered many lies and propagandas before leaving office. :rolleyes:

Mullen: China now a world power
July 10 2011

Beijing (CNN) -- The top U.S. military officer declared Sunday that China "has arrived as a world power," and that previous U.S. descriptions of China as a "rising power" are now a thing of the past.

U.S. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen made the remarks during an address at a university in Beijing at the start of a four-day visit.

"China today is a different country than it was 10 years ago, and it certainly will continue to change over the next 10 years," Mullen told the audience at Renmin University. "It is no longer a rising power. It has, in fact, arrived as a world power."

In January, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton described China as a "rising power."

"The United States is changing as well," Mullen added in his remarks, "as are the context and global order in which both our countries operate. I believe that our dialogue needs to keep pace with these changes. It needs to move from working out the particular issues and conditions of our bilateral relationship to working together to meet broader -- and common -- goals we share."

The chairman touched on some specific concerns, including the growing territorial disputes over the South China Sea and its potentially huge reserves of oil and natural gas.

"It is certainly the United States' expectation that these be worked out by countries ... in a responsible way, so that a specific incident does not rise to a level of miscalculation which could become very dangerous and get out of control," Mullen said.

China, Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan all have competing claims to parts of the 1.3-million-square-mile patch of the Pacific Ocean. A recent spate of incidents between Chinese and Vietnamese vessels in the sea has fueled a growing rift between the communist neighbors, creating strange bedfellows as Hanoi embraces closer military ties with historic foes in Washington.

Mullen also noted China's growing military strength.

"With greater military power must come greater responsibility, greater cooperation and, just as important, greater transparency," he said. "Without these things, the expansion of military power in your region, rather than making it more secure and stable could have the opposite effect."

The visit is part of an effort by both sides to increase mutual understanding despite the divisive issues of arms sales to Taiwan, U.S. meetings with the Dalai Lama -- who was in Washington this week -- and plans for U.S. military exercises in the region that China opposes.

China repeatedly has objected to outside naval operations in areas it claims as its own territory, including the South China Sea.

Vietnam and the United States recently announced a new round of joint military exercises, and the U.S. recently held joint drills with the Philippines.

Mullen, in his address, called for an "enduring effort" to build the U.S.-China relationship, saying the two sides must "work from a posture of mutual respect" and think "locally and globally."

He encouraged cooperation on efforts including stability on the Korean peninsula and the safety of trade routes.

"Both our nations recognize the emerging challenges of nuclear proliferation, terrorism, growing global energy demands and the geopolitical implications and stresses of climate change," Mullen said. "Therefore, our exchange must not be limited to the Asia-Pacific, but should range farther and wider, as befits our shared interests and China's increasing ability to contribute positively beyond your shores."

While in China, Mullen will meet with numerous Chinese officials, including Chief of the General Staff of the People's Liberation Army Chen Bingde, who visited Washington in May. The admiral will also meet with Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping, according to Chinese state news agency Xinhua.

Let us analyse what is a super power.

A super power is one who has global reach and influence and which makes other super powers to take note.

Therefore, I go one step further, China is a superpower. It is influencing every continent of the world. It has entered the economy of countries in all the continents and its military supplies are also seen in every continent.

Russia's reach is not there like that of China.

So, in my opinion, China is already a super power.

The very fact that the US and Vietnam, which has divergent political structure are holding exercises in concert to indicate that China is a super power.

The very fact that the US is encircling China is another indicator that is it a super power.

Mullen is only telling half of the story!

Major difference is china is a peace loving nation with a 5000 year history :china::china:interested in the welfare of its people and america is a war hungry imperialistic warmongering mongrels with no class or history.

Major difference is china is a peace loving nation with a 5000 year history :china::china:interested in the welfare of its people and america is a war hungry imperialistic warmongering mongrels with no class or history.

Lol, maybe one day we can pimp it like Pakistan, the world leader in "class"

Lol, maybe one day we can pimp it like Pakistan, the world leader in "class"

First US and now China. Pakistan surely knows it's place in world.

Congrats China by the way.

China is a World Power, I totally agree.

But China will never have World dominance.

Is this thread about fairy tales.

Peace Loving?

Hardly.

What is happening in the South China Seas?

Pursuit of Peace?

If you think China is some dumb nation, forget it.

First US and now China. Pakistan surely knows it's place in world.

Congrats China by the way.

Yea and you first Russia and now our spurned and dumped woman america

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

China is a World Power, I totally agree.

But China will never have World dominance.

Burn babes burn. :chilli:

Mo12 has burnt?

It would be nice if you could answer them with rationality.

I hope I am not asking too much!

China is a world power, but the way things are going it appears that her aim to having World Dominance is coming to nought.

Is this thread about fairy tales.

Peace Loving?

Hardly.

What is happening in the South China Seas?

Pursuit of Peace?

If you think China is some dumb nation, forget it.

I didnt say they were dum. But are they in iraq no, in afghanistan no libya no. In fact I think their troops are within their own country like northen east kashmir lol

Yea and you first Russia and now our spurned and dumped woman america

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Burn babes burn. :chilli:

Spurned woman? Lol, Methinks you don't know who wears the pants! We had our way now we pass you to China. When they are done let's see who gets you.

Mo12 has burnt?

It would be nice if you could answer them with rationality.

I hope I am not asking too much!

China is a world power, but the way things are going it appears that her aim to having World Dominance is coming to nought.

There are two things that can be used to dominate one is money and the other is force. either is usually interchangeable. China will it is inevitable dominate the world. Its just a matter of time

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Spurned woman? Lol, Methinks you don't know who wears the pants! We had our way now we pass you to China. When they are done let's see who gets you.

Well you are the ones that are behaving like a spurned woman, one day you say you need us our nukes are safe the next day you say our nukes are not safe then you say you dont need us. Make your minds up these are the classic sign of sour grapes and spurned woman

Back
Top Bottom