Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Comet

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
My Village Makhad Sharif or Mukhad Sharif Tehsil Jand Distt. Attock Punjab Pakistan

http://img717.imageshack.us/i/mukhad.jpg/

http://img535.imageshack.us/i/makhad.jpg/

This is the Site for Kalabagh Dam. Infect Kalabagh name is not proper as it should be named Mukhad Dam. The oldest village that will get drowned in the lake.

The purpose of this thread is:

Do do people think that Sindh and K-P has any right to protest against load shedding where as they are against this Dam that can contribute 3500MW of electricity into the national grid?

We the people of Mukhad don't mind the dam being built but the people of Nowshehra living 200km away have issue with it, why?

We have so many sites for Dams but this one is the safest among all of them.

sindh has isssues as it will bring sea water upstream n the saline water ll destroy their fields..to stop this we have to keep 7/8 maf flowing in kotri downstream n we actually waste more than 10 maf there...there is a need for proper analysis n satisfying all stake holders..but those idiots politicize eveything for their bunch of votes!!:tdown:

sindh has isssues as it will bring sea water upstream n the saline water ll destroy their fields..to stop this we have to keep 7/8 maf flowing in kotri downstream n we actually waste more than 10 maf there...there is a need for proper analysis n satisfying all stake holders..but those idiots politicize eveything for their bunch of votes!!:tdown:

I have a scenario:

Rain and Glacier Melting in summer resulting in a lot of water in River Indus. There is no dam and all the water flows to the sea. Later in winter there is lack of rain and water flow goes down. This is a serious threat and Sea water can come upstream.

But if we have Dam and we store the additional water, we can use that water at such times of need to save the fields in Sindh.

We can build 4 more dams on Indus River. Once of those dams can be used purely to keep water reserve for dire circumstances.

This dam also has indefinite life. Bcz of its surrounding mountains dam will be built in such a way that sand will not accumulate in it.

Also other than storing water for sindh, this dam will have enough capacity to irrigate ares in NWFP e.g kohat (presently they are not used due to lack of water)

It is very easy to generate electricity at this site. However at Basha Dam its very difficult.

_______ PPP and MQM

only 1 solution to all ur problems vote for me when i run for president :D

I have a scenario:

Rain and Glacier Melting in summer resulting in a lot of water in River Indus. There is no dam and all the water flows to the sea. Later in winter there is lack of rain and water flow goes down. This is a serious threat and Sea water can come upstream.

But if we have Dam and we store the additional water, we can use that water at such times of need to save the fields in Sindh.

We can build 4 more dams on Indus River. Once of those dams can be used purely to keep water reserve for dire circumstances.
the problem is not that we don have a solution..the feasibilty studies of KBD are complete...the problem is politicizing everything..even our carnal needs n to some extent punjab phobia!

its all a political drama! unfortunately our leaders doing politics of anything and everything! either they make sindhis,fight punjabis or pakhtoons fight urdu speaking!

or they make shia sunni fight!
they make provinces fight for more rights when the current rights are being eaten up by there leaders!!

even they make us fight on water issues!!

so the problem is WE as PAKISTANIS are messed up in terms of all we do is sit and discuss in our drawing rooms no one steps out to try and do anything to change!! we elect the same corrupt leaders like DASTI!

so our leaders corrupt but WE bring them again and again into power!! so the fault is with us! dam will be built the day we stop getting divided & get united! & do everything for pakistan not our ethnic group!

wingman-albums-dreamer-picture2759-kalabagh-dam-2.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

wingman-albums-dreamer-picture2758-kalabagh-dam.jpg

Seeing the climatic changes and global warming .. every effort should be taken to prevent the rain water from going back to sea and the water should be stored in dams and well maintained using check-dams and small barrages.

Steps involving ground water recharging in the areas where the underwater levels gets depleted due to the excessive use of bore-wells have to be taken. There should be a social consciousness of planting more trees and afforestation should also be a state policy.We are taking too much from the nature , we need to give something back on each individual basis.

Even though we may not see the fruits of this efforts, but we can be very well satisfied for the fact that we have done something for the future generations to come.

the problem is not that we don have a solution..the feasibilty studies of KBD are complete...the problem is politicizing everything..even our carnal needs n to some extent punjab phobia!

Punjab has already said that they will not take the royalty on the electricity produced.

What if the area is taken into Federal Administrations? This way Punjab Phobia can be solved.

It is really sad that even the projects of national interests are being deferred just because of so-called political interests. Agriculture is back bone to Pakistan's Economy and extremely vital to support and fulfill the food supplies and needs of our ever growing population.
We haven't built a large reservoir since Tarbela and that was in 1974, 36 years have been passed and we are still busy in provincial politics. I cannot understand how we could possibly support our agriculture if we don’t have large water storage reservoirs, and in addition to that Dams provide cheap electricity & flood control. Just look at China and India their population and area is much larger as compared to Pakistan, but when it comes to building large dams and reservoirs of national interests they don't get involved in useless politics, they just go ahead with such projects, we need to learn good things from others it would just make our lives much more easier.
Nowadays we have a typical example in Hunza Attabad Lake, had we got more reservoirs, that disaster would have been prevented.
Lastly, I would pray to Allah Almighty to give wisdom to our politicians so that they would start thinking in the larger interest of the country instead of their own politics.

Back
Top Bottom