What's new

MQM not invited by PML-N for power sharing

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Islamabad

The decision of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) to sit in opposition is out of the compulsion and not out of a choice as the ruling Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has not invited it for power sharing in Islamabad.

A PML-N leader confided to Jang-The News on Thursday that the party has decided not to bring any of the former coalition parties in coalition’s folds, but it would welcome if anyone of them extends out of box support to it in implementation of its agenda.

The MQM, which has met with a chaotic situation following the May 11 polls, is now in a damage control mode and hence its decision not to go along its former allies Pakistan People’s Party’s half-hearted invitation in Sindh is also its political compulsion.

Problem with the MQM is multiplied by the British government’s reaction to Altaf Hussain’s outbursts which he latter though attempted to clarify and even backed out from. The whole party leadership is engaged in advancing justifications and clarifications with reference to his post-May 11 speeches mainly targeting the PTI leadership.

In such a situation, no mainstream party would like to ally with the MQM unless it was completely cleared by the concerned authorities of the allegations of fomenting violence and separatist feelings among its workers.

Political observers say that the MQM was left with no political alternative but to sit on the opposition benches in Islamabad, while it opted to oppose the PPP in Sindh Assembly to remove the impression among its voters that it cannot do without being part of every government. However, a PPP stalwart when quizzed said the party wanted to run the provincial government without support of any party so as it can create vital political space for it in urban Sindh as well.

It appears from the decisions and pending actions by the PML-N so far that it is determined not to make its government a multi-party coalition though it has so far entered into an accord with the PML-F and is about to strike an agreement with the JUI-F to strengthen its numerical base in the National Assembly and Senate. But it has so far not invited the PPP, MQM, PML-Q, JI, Qaumi Jamhoori Party or any other splinter group for power sharing. Among these parties, PPP’s parliamentary leader in the lower house Syed Khursheed Shah has hinted at extending cooperation to the PML-N if the latter so asked in election of the prime minister.

MQM not invited by PML-N for power sharing - thenews.com.pk

Everyone knows after May 11 that PMLN has no need to any party to form government then what's new..???

Everyone knows after May 11 that PMLN has no need to any party to form government then what's new..???

& PMLn knew very well, even with 2 thrid majority things can become very nasty for anyone in pakistan for any day?
Anyway karachi will be the next playground from where any movement against fedrl. Govt going tl be lunched?
with PPP,s underground support, MQM still a Political force incharge of karachi & hyderabad?
& sorry to say nawaz exactly knows it well, maybe not now but after few months or even a year if nawaz can. Still retain the power MQM maybe sitting on govt benches!

Islamabad
A PML-N leader confided to Jang-The News on Thursday that the party has decided not to bring any of the former coalition parties in coalition’s folds, but it would welcome if anyone of them extends out of box support to it in implementation of its agenda.
[/url]

so basically none of the former faces should be there right? but wait what about Molana Diesel? wasn't he there before both in PPP and Pres Musharaf era? I won't be surprised to see MQM in some sort of power very soon, IMO they should sit in opposition and reflect to what they did (or failed to do) in past 5 years.

Politicians are the world's best sales and marketing people, they sell bullshit and we happily accept and demand for more. :)

& PMLn knew very well, even with 2 thrid majority things can become very nasty for anyone in pakistan for any day?
Anyway karachi will be the next playground from where any movement against fedrl. Govt going tl be lunched?
with PPP,s underground support, MQM still a Political force incharge of karachi & hyderabad?
& sorry to say nawaz exactly knows it well, maybe not now but after few months or even a year if nawaz can. Still retain the power MQM maybe sitting on govt benches!

I could be wrong. But I have strong feeling that the real game changer is PTI and none of these other discredited parties.

PTI now is what N was after last election (not in number of seats but in its impact).

N kept quiet so as to save democratic institutions. And now the responsibility lies with PTI.

If PTI can be a positive opposition at federal level, and a good "development" party in KP, we have a bright future for our democratic institutions.

Why? because a stable rule by PMLN and PTI means, other lesser parties will disappear from the scene after next elections.

However our history is against us.

And I already see tr@sh talking (a little bit) at this stage.

Hope Imran and Nwaz can keep their angry-hawks and barking-dogs on tight leash. Then it will be the end of Altaf mota chor bhatta khor and Ghaddari.

peace

people are so frustrated, they first would have invited MQM to form the government seeing MQM refusal they came up with another excuse that they never invited MQM in the first place

PPP even though has not stopped its efforts, i hope MQM does proper opposition politics this time

I could be wrong. But I have strong feeling that the real game changer is PTI and none of these other discredited parties.

PTI now is what N was after last election (not in number of seats but in its impact).

N kept quiet so as to save democratic institutions. And now the responsibility lies with PTI.

If PTI can be a positive opposition at federal level, and a good "development" party in KP, we have a bright future for our democratic institutions.

Why? because a stable rule by PMLN and PTI means, other lesser parties will disappear from the scene after next elections.

Hope Imran and Nwaz can keep their angry-hawks and barking-dogs on tight leash. Then it will be the end of Altaf mota chor bhatta khor and Ghaddari.

peace

as your master ganja is soon to be PM, lets see how many projects he has reserved for karachi, i mean the bullet trains, the karachi metro system and all :azn:

first lets see how much revenues from karachi are actually made to be invested in karachi and how much priority is given to karachi

barking is easy, doing things in real life is difficult :flame:

BTW this is a clip i keep showing to people again and again, and this is all after mr bean episode

Last edited by a moderator:
@cb4

what is this bro :lol:

NA-MQM

KARACHI:
On and off allies, Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) have yet to decide how to proceed with their relations during the new government’s tenure. The former has reportedly left some ministries open in the hopes that the latter will eventually leave the opposition and join them.
“President Asif Ali Zardari, during a meeting with the Sindh chief minister and other cabinet members at Bilawal House on Saturday, has once again asked to wait for the MQM and instructed not to induct more people in the cabinet,” a cabinet member told The Express Tribune. “Certain portfolios have been left open till the final decision is taken by the MQM. Senior members of the party are still negotiating with the MQM to bring it back on board.”

Reports also suggest that MQM’s decision to sit on the opposition benches in Sindh is a joint strategy of the former coalition partners, cornering the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz and Functional in capturing the slot of the opposition leader and leaving MQM as the friendly opposition in the assembly. However, reports that the PML-N has approached MQM to join the federal government have also surfaced, adding an element of uncertainty for the PPP.
Tiger chases kite?
“PML-N needs MQM’s support in the Senate and in Sindh. With that purpose, our party leadership is considering giving the MQM a share in the federal government and supporting their governor in Sindh,” said a PML-N leader, adding that the Sharif brothers had indirectly offered MQM a proposition to join them which the latter was considering.
Nasir Jamal, deputy convener of the Rabita committee of MQM, however, termed the reports as “pure speculation”. “No PML-N leader has contacted us and neither is MQM willing to join their government,” he said, adding that his party would play a strong opposition in the National Assembly and Senate.

When asked about the possibility of joining Sindh’s government, Jamal said that the party had contested the election for speaker, deputy speaker and leader of the House in Sindh Assembly which conveyed the clear message that MQM was now in the opposition and not part of the government as quoted earlier. “We nominated our opposition leader in the House and will continue our role as the opposition in Sindh.” As for the negotiations initiated by the PPP leaders and their attempt to win back MQM, Jamal did not give any inclination of as to when the party might lean. “I cannot comment on the negotiations but at this moment, our stand is very much clear – we have decided to sit on the opposition benches.”
Hit or miss for the arrow?
PPP’s senior leader and former federal minister, Khurshid Shah, admitted to The Express Tribune that covert negotiations with MQM were in the works.
“Muttahida was our main partner during our last five-year tenure and we do not want to lose their support,” said Shah, dispelling the impression that a plan had been devised between the two parties for a friendly opposition. “As soon as PPP’s mandate became apparent in Sindh, we invited MQM to join the government. But there have been some misunderstandings which have led our former allies to sit on the opposition benches. We hope that they will eventually join us in Sindh,” said Shah, explaining that not only MQM but other parties would also be approached to join the party. “PPP, after getting simple majority, has formed government in Sindh but we want to continue our reconciliation policy of taking MQM and other parties on board for the betterment of Sindh.”

------------------------------------

PMLN and PPP want MQM to play their dirty politics but im glad that MQM is not giving to them scums this time, MQM has learnt that it will just harm them in the long run, MQM shouldnt take these bribes

@W.11 what about this part that you didn't highlight?

Reports also suggest that MQM’s decision to sit on the opposition benches in Sindh is a joint strategy of the former coalition partners, cornering the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz and Functional in capturing the slot of the opposition leader and leaving MQM as the friendly opposition in the assembly.

anyways like I said before MQM is a blackmailing party it wants good ministries if given it will be more than happy to jump into anyone's lap! but it is not like mualana diesel who will just be happy with any ministry! so yes if today MQM is given ports,customs, governorship & overseas Pakistanis it will jump into the lap of Government!

@W.11 what about this part that you didn't highlight?

Reports also suggest that MQM’s decision to sit on the opposition benches in Sindh is a joint strategy of the former coalition partners, cornering the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz and Functional in capturing the slot of the opposition leader and leaving MQM as the friendly opposition in the assembly.

its because its mere speculation.If MQM wanted to benefit PPP with friendly opposition, its not getting anything in return, because MQM is not getting any ministries and thats why PPP is so much insisting MQM, they have even left few ministries for MQM waiting for them to take the deal

lol theek hai bhai buss MERAY SIZE KI BORI maat tayaar karwana! sunaa hai MQM nay anti MQM elements on social media ki bori kaa size ready karnaay kaa order day diya hai :lol:

people are so frustrated, they first would have invited MQM to form the government seeing MQM refusal they came up with another excuse that they never invited MQM in the first place

PPP even though has not stopped its efforts, i hope MQM does proper opposition politics this time

as your master ganja is soon to be PM, lets see how many projects he has reserved for karachi, i mean the bullet trains, the karachi metro system and all :azn:

first lets see how much revenues from karachi are actually made to be invested in karachi and how much priority is given to karachi

barking is easy, doing things in real life is difficult :flame:

Well besides all the accusations on MQM like mafia etc,I have to admit,that MQM has great workers on higher level,like Faisal Sabzwari and Mustufa Kamal etc
I have always wished MQM,PTI and Musharraf's party to form central government.

lol theek hai bhai buss MERAY SIZE KI BORI maat tayaar karwana! sunaa hai MQM nay anti MQM elements on social media ki bori kaa size ready karnaay kaa order day diya hai :lol:

Bhai Mr.Hussein ne Khan sahab ko 'legal perchi' bhejdi thi un ki accusation per,tu hum kis khet ki mooli hain:lol:

Good decision PML-N. MQM must not be brought into alliance. I hope you can take a stand on something. Knowing you, your only principle is power and no matter who betrayed you and when, your party leadership accepted them back into PML-N.

No matter how good this decision is, its difficult for a lota party to hold onto any promises. So I will hold my breath for now.

peace
Its just your feeling, thats all dear?
Well sory to tell you, but PPP stilll stand taller than PTI in NA? With a devil name zardari as thier captin of the ship?
PTI is the real threat for nawaz in next elections if there is a next election? & he will not going to give pti more grounds thn KpK, where he is bzy setting a bloody trap for PTI?
If you think that in next elections, smaller parties will vanish, my dear plz dont try to use long shots its pakistan & as these elections already have proven pakistani peoples already rejected the dam naya pakistan in large numbers?

MQM been established to be a political tool, & it will remain as it is, to challenge. & check anyone in sindh even we may not like altaf hussain it the reality! Anyway?

Back
Top Bottom