What's new

Most Indians have drinking water and bathrooms within their premises

Mr.S.Singh

Reaction score
Country
India
01lab1.jpg

While the dire image of Indians having to travel long distances for water and other basic needs is stuck in most of our heads, the official statistics published in the 69th round of the National Sample Survey (2012) actually present quite a heartening picture.

A majority of Indian households have access to drinking water within the premises and a large percentage do not have to leave their premises to bathe.

Here are the state-wise numbers:

01lab2.jpg

01lab3.jpg

Most Indians have drinking water and bathrooms within their premises - Rediff.com India News

Is it just me or the percentages doesn't add up 99% and 101%.First can be deciphered as 1% not having access to drinking water but what about the second one ?

Nice to see India as a whole progressing as a whole on our attitude,culture towards hygiene.
The cherry on top is to see my state Arunachal Pradesh doing really well on it.:-)

wht really fucked my mind was that most hype created by bjp and their fanboy that Gujarat is developing ,but shocked to see states top this survey where mostly congress ruled states/

But other sources suggest that half of India defecates in the open. How is that possible if 86% people have bathroom inside the house.

But other sources suggest that half of India defecates in the open. How is that possible if 86% people have bathroom inside the house.
It says bathing place not toilets or bathroom.

What's a bathing place ? I can only think of a bathroom as a bathing place.
a place where you can have bath only, no Loo
Most Indians still believe it is inappropriate to have a Loo at their place

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom