What's new

More Aussies adopting greyhounds amid COVID-19 pandemic

Vanguard One

Reaction score
Country
Ireland

As Australians spend more time isolating many are using the time to settle in a new family member.

Greyhounds as Pets say adoption rates over the past six weeks during the coronavirus lockdown are on the rise.

Vet and general manager of Greyhounds as Pets Dr Alicia Fuller told Sky News “in the last six weeks they have had “close up to 300 applications to adopt our greyhounds and about 150 applications just to foster”.

W

Why would you say that... I used to think of you as a sane man. Dogs are excellent companions. I mourned for more than a month when my dog died. That's such a harsh thing to say. Bless you

Until 2009 or so I had cats in my house. At one point before that there were seven cats who lived in the shelter I had built for them on the terrace. Now they are all gone, killed by dogs, especially the stray dogs.

In India there are 35+ million stray dogs who not only are the cause of the near extinction of cats in India but also attack and sometimes kill humans. There were not many stray dogs in India until that accursed Maneka Gandhi became a minister in the late 90s BJP government and declared that municipal authorities should no longer catch stray dogs and eliminate them.

India has the highest number of rabies cases in the world because of dog bites. In Beed town in Maharashtra, some evil doctors breed stray dogs so as to dispose of of illegally aborted human female fetuses by feeding the fetuses to these dogs. There have been cases where stray dogs have entered hospitals and carried away new born infants to eat them.

I wish that Maneka Gandhi and her likes be put into a stadium along with these ferocious stray dogs, the stadium gates closed and the resulting dog attack be broadcast on live TV.

Lastly, a human society that has no place for cats is a society devoid of intellect, humaneness, empathy and gentleness. Just to give you an example from India - 300,000+ farmers in India committed suicide just between 1995 and 2015 primarily and directly due to economic reasons yet most of the population, especially the middle class youth, is not bothered and troubled by this and carries on with its middle class drone life.

I knew it i knew it , that i will find u here

And you knew the correct thing.

I have reasons for it. Please read above.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom