What's new

Moon not sighted, Eid on Oct 27

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Moon not sighted, Eid on Oct 27

Moon not sighted, Eid on Oct 27 | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

Tue, Oct 16th, 2012 6:32 pm BdST

Dhaka, Oct 16 (bdnews24.com)—The Eid-ul-Azha will be celebrated on Oct 27, which falls on a Saturday, as the National Moon-Sighting Committee did not see the Zilhaj moon anywhere in Bangladesh on Tuesday.

The Islamic Foundation's Public Relation Officer Billal Bin Kasem confirmed bdnews24.com about the decision after a meeting of the committee at Baitul Mukarram National Mosque.

The Committee's chief State Minister for Religious Affairs Shahjahan Miah chaired the meeting.

According to Saudi Press Agency, Saudi Arabia's Supreme Court announced on Tuesday that standing in Arafat will be on Oct 25 and the first day of the Eid Al-Azha will be on Oct 26.

Eid-ul-Azha is celebrated annually on the 10th day of the last Islamic month of Zilhaj of the lunar Islamic calendar. The celebrations begin after the Hajj pilgrims descend from Mount Arafat.

bdnews24.com/mk/nih/bd/1825h

How is the Eid preparation going on and what is the condition at the shopping malls and possible price of cow and goats in the market???

Price during Eid-ul-Fitr was really high based on some media report.

High prices throw a wrench in Eid shopping

http://www.bangladeshnews24.com/the...ices-throw-a-wrench-in-eid-shopping-11273.htm

The DailyStar / Metropolitan : 15/08/2012

Belal Hossain Biplob

High prices of clothes and cosmetics have disheartened Eid shoppers from low income group, a scenario which is reflected by the dearth of buyers in some hawkers’ markets of the capital.

Sales at the city’s Gulistan and Farmgate hawkers’ markets remain quite low although the market at New Market is faring better.

Talking to The Daily Star, many people from the low income group have claimed that to make larger profit, sellers this Eid have increased price of all kinds of garments by Tk 50 to Tk 100 and price of cosmetics by Tk 10 to Tk 30.

But their income has not increased in proportion to the increase in price of garments and cosmetics, they said.

Ahsan Habib, a shopper who works at a private bank, said although his budget was Tk 2,500, he spent Tk 4,000 for Eid shopping for a family of four.

Ahsan, who has an income of Tk 21,000 monthly, said he is worried about how he will cope financially for the rest of the month.

�I am worried about how to manage the remaining days of the current month, as I have already spent a chunk of my salary on house rent, shopping and some other errands ahead of Eid,� he said.

On the other hand, the sellers have said the prices of goods have increased but it is due to high taxes and production cost.

Amajd Hossain, a makeshift shop-owner selling clothes at the city’s New Market area, said the price of shirts that he sells has increased from Tk 200 to Tk 250, price of trousers has increased from Tk 320 to Tk 350 while the price of each three-piece has increased from Tk 400 to Tk 500.

�I had to increase the prices of clothes as I have also paid high prices to the garment suppliers,� he said.

However, Ahsanul Haque Jewel, employee of a multinational company, said sellers are taking advantage of Eid to sell at a higher price.

�Although it is difficult for me to spend a lot of money for Eid shopping I still have to buy clothes and sellers are taking advantage of this,� he said

Jahanara Parvin, a college teacher, said it is very difficult to buy toiletries as price of each item of cosmetics has increased by Tk 15 to Tk 35 from previous year.

�I bought toiletries for myself and my daughters but I had to pay Tk 10 more for each item on average, which is really difficult for someone with a low income,� she said.

Mainul Islam Sumon, a cosmetics and toiletries shop owner, said the prices have increased due to high production cost and taxes.

Sadia Islam, a receptionist, said the delight of Eid is for the rich not the poor.

How is the Eid preparation going on and what is the condition at the shopping malls and possible price of cow and goats in the market???
From my personal experience---During last Eid-ul-fitar the shopping malls and other smaller markets experienced the largest gathering of customers.I never seen such crowd in my entire life.
Now,the condition is a little cool but it'll heat up within 3-4 days i guess.

From my personal experience---During last Eid-ul-fitar the shopping malls and other smaller markets experienced the largest gathering of customers.I never seen such crowd in my entire life.
Now,the condition is a little cool but it'll heat up within 3-4 days i guess.

In the eid-ul-fitr 2012 around 6 billion usd worth of shopping is done by the consumers out of which around 3 billion usd was spent only for clothing.

Whats the price of the cow and supply of it???

In the eid-ul-fitr 2012 around 6 billion usd worth of shopping is done by the consumers out of which around 3 billion usd was spent only for clothing.

Whats the price of the cow and supply of it???
I saw on a tv report that cow supply is good but price is high,though they said price is gonna come down eventually.In Rajshahi per day 5000-6000 cows are coming from India.Whatever,nothing beats deshi shar goru:butcher:

I saw on a tv report that cow supply is good but price is high,though they said price is gonna come down eventually.In Rajshahi per day 5000-6000 cows are coming from India.Whatever,nothing beats deshi shar goru:butcher:

WTF!! Only 5000-6000 coming from India!!! Last year more then 500000 came. Yes deshi gorur upor kichu nai. My dad always prefer deshi cow ....:D

Anyway this a recent video of cattle market....Supply is not big but size of the cows are good :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Use free proxy man....how long you're gonna starve for stupid govt. decision :angry: ?

i normally use kproxy.com for banned websites. But apparently youtube doesnt work through it. I am not good in tech related things... could you please help me?? I am huge fan of documentaries, i am starving now. Cant download any from youtube..........

Back
Top Bottom