Molly OR Misbah

Shahin-e-Iqbal

New Recruit

Reaction score
the news is few days old but its very interesting,

MY NAME'S NOT MOLLY, IT'S MISBAH AND I WANT TO LIVE IN PAKISTAN WITH DAD
'KIDNAP'12-YEAR-OLD SPEAKS OUT
By Maggie Barry
IT started as a desperate search for a girl whose mother said she had been kidnapped and taken to Pakistan against her will.

A huge police hunt was launched after Molly Campbell's distraught mum Louise claimed the 12-year-old had been abducted by her father Sajad Ahmed Rana and spirited out of the UK - possibly for an arranged marriage.

But yesterday a smiling Molly cuddled her dad as she told the world she had not been kidnapped.

Advertisement

She said she had gone willingly with Sajad and elder sister Tahmina, 18, because she wanted to live in Pakistan under her Islamic name Misbah.

Speaking at a press conference in Lahore, Molly said: "It was my own choice. I asked my sister if I could go with her. I would like to stay in Pakistan with my father.

"And my name isn't Molly, it is Misbah."

She added: "I knew my mum would miss me but I miss my family. It was hard to not see my family. I had to live with mum and I wanted to live with my family.

"I thought I could live with my dad and still see my mum."

Sajad, keeping a protective arm around his daughter, said suggestions he had kidnapped her were ridiculous.

He added: "I'd never do anything like that. I always taught my children to be nice people - good, kind human beings."

Molly spoke out yesterday after British MP Mohammed Sarwar flew to Pakistan to mediate between Louise, Molly and Sajad.

Mr Sarwar said the girl had phoned her mum back home in Stornaway in the Western Isles to assure her she was all right. He said: "Molly has confirmed she has spoken to her mother for 10 minutes this morning."

Mr Sarwar, Labour MP for Glasgow Central, said Molly had assured her mum she was not having an arranged marriage.

He added: "There is no question of forced marriage and Molly has told her mother that.

"Molly and her mother have exchanged numbers and her father has made it clear that if Molly wants to go back to the UK she can come home with me.

"But she does not want to go home. She and the family would love her mother to come here to Pakistan and stay with them.

"But the happy ending would be if the mother was happy as well.

"We now need to find a mechanism whereby they can go and meet each other freely and remove the suspicion."

But the MP's attempts to soothe troubled waters were at odds with the angry response from Molly's brother Omar, 21.

Omar, who lives in Manchester, said: "I am upset my mum said she had been abducted. It's rubbish." He claimed Molly had begged sister Tahmina to take her away because she was unhappy living with Louise, 38, and partner Kenny Campbell. He said: "She said 'If you don't get me out of here I'm going to run away'."

Molly, Tahmina and brother Adam went to Pakistan to live with their dad after the divorce in 2002.

Last year the three children returned to Britain for Omar's wedding in Manchester.

Omar said: "Afterwards mum invited us up to Scotland. My dad was fine about it. That was when she decided she wasn't going to let the kids go back to Pakistan to my dad."

He added that the family lived with Louise and Kenny in Scotland for a short while - seven of them plus two dogs in a one-bedroom flat.

After a month he and his wife left, followed by Tahmina and Adam, 17. Omar said: "Misbah was the poor soul who was left. At first there were emails but they stopped. Then my mum stopped answering the phone."

Omar claimed Louise had tried to turn Molly against her dad, a wealthy property developer.

He added: "She started brainwashing her. She got Misbah so scared of my dad, she wouldn't dare face him or dare talk about him."

OMAR claimed Louise even told Molly: "If you ever leave me I'll kill myself." He added: "What kind of effect do you think that has on a young girl who had a traumatic childhood?

"For my mum to say dad is doing the kidnapping is wrong. If anything my mum is doing the kidnapping, taking my little sister away and not keeping in contact with the family."

Molly's grandmother Violet, who first voiced the fear that Molly had been taken to Pakistan for an arranged marriage, said: "This is terrible. I've lost my granddaughter forever. I just can't believe she's in Pakistan and not coming back. I'm devastated and very, very sad."

Louise yesterday issued a statement through her solicitors that made it clear she plans to fight for her daughter's return.

It said: "We are acting in the best interests of the child and we're doing all we can to secure Molly back."

In Pakistan, Sajad said he will now seek custody of his daughter.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=17667703&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=my-name-s-not-molly--it-s-misbah-and-i-want-to-live-in-pakistan-with-dad--name_page.html

Now, what do u people think who's right and who's wrong? My support goes to the father and the girl and I think in this case the mother is wrong.

It's pretty ridiculous the way they always side with the mother. A 12 year old is not a **** no sense kid. We can see that the elder sister and elder brother who sided with the Father on the issue must have had some reason to do so, and a 12 year old though not of consenting age, could at least have an opinion.

On top of that the mother lives with a new boyfriend... Louise has made a fool of herself and of the British media that fiercely fought for her in the beginning without even knowing all the facts.

It's pretty ridiculous the way they always side with the mother. A 12 year old is not a **** no sense kid. We can see that the elder sister and elder brother who sided with the Father on the issue must have had some reason to do so, and a 12 year old though not of consenting age, could at least have an opinion.

On top of that the mother lives with a new boyfriend... Louise has made a fool of herself and of the British media that fiercely fought for her in the beginning without even knowing all the facts.

Brother Asim
Salam
In cases of custody after 11 yrs of age the children are asked about who they want to live with. For legal reasons a girl of 12 would still be considered a minor. That is the law. There is also an understanding between British and Pakistani courts that if a case is being tried in one court then the other countries courts would accept its ruling. I hope this helps.
WaSalam
Araz

:thumbsup: Pakistan court bans deportation of schoolgirl

(Filed: 06/09/2006)

A court in Pakistan has ruled that Molly Campbell, the 12-year-old girl who left her mother in Scotland to live with her father, cannot be deported for two days.

The 48-hour protection order was granted because of fears that police may try to forcibly repatriate her, according to the court.

Molly's lawyer said she had been under round-the-clock surveillance since arriving in Pakistan a fortnight ago.

The disappearance last month of the schoolgirl from her home on Stornoway, on the Isle of Lewis, sparked an international hunt involving Interpol and has triggered a bitter custody battle between her parents, who divorced about five years ago.

Molly, who has said she wishes to be known as Misbah Iram Ahmed Rana, was picked up by her 18-year-old sister Tahmina, who lives in Pakistan.

The pair flew from the Western Isles to Glasgow, where they met their father, then on to Lahore.

Round one of the legal wrangle was won last week by the schoolgirl's father, Sajad Ahmed Rana, when a court in Lahore granted him temporary custody.

Molly had signed a statement saying she arrived in Pakistan under her own free will.

Glasgow-based Bashir Maan, a close friend of Mr Rana and president of the National Association of British Pakistanis, said today: "There is a protocol between Pakistan and the UK and the family feared police could uplift the girl to return her to the UK.

"The protection order is just a safeguard measure to make sure she cannot be taken away while Mr Rana tries to secure permanent custody, which could be decided in the next 48 hours."

Pakistan has never signed up to the Hague Convention, an international agreement which seeks to return abducted children to their home countries, but the Anglo-Pakistan Protocol, agreed in 2003, serves a similar purpose.

Molly said she does not want to return to live with her Scottish mother, Louise Campbell, who was awarded legal custody of her daughter in the UK last year.

The schoolgirl also said last week her mother's home had become a "living hell" and that her father's Islamic culture in Pakistan suited her more.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/09/06/umolly.xml

Well done!:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom