What's new

Modernizing Food Retail - Jarrar Shah

_NOBODY_

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Uzair talks to Jarrar Shah about his startup 24Seven.pk, an online Grocery Shopping platform based in Lahore. The 24SEVEN journey started from his farm when he painfully found out how he was getting no premium for growing graded, good quality produce in the off season and consequently decided to create an alternative marketing channel for farmers that would enable them to bypass the middle men.

02:00 Why 24Seven?
13:18 Growth plans
22:00 Learnings over time
28:05 Low-hanging fruit in Pakistan
36:25 Consumer preferences
50:08 Advice for aspiring entrepreneurs
59:20 Book recommendations

His book recommendations are:
  1. Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose
  2. Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance
  3. Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder
  4. Skin in the Game

@ghazi52 @araz @The Eagle @The Accountant @That Guy @Irfan Baloch @PanzerKiel @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Imran Khan @PAKISTANFOREVER @waz @Windjammer @WinterFangs @KaiserX @niaz @farok84 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @MastanKhan @krash @Beast @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Cookie Monster @Bratva @VCheng @Foxtrot Alpha @Rafael @Rafi @Trango Towers @TNT

Last edited:
Just the first segment is worthy of standing ovation. Good share and thanx for listing the segments, and then thanx the person who highlighted the channel. :P
That is just we need...
an educated person to think outside of the box and to improve quality, certifications
Good research on crop cultivation and growth
then seek and capture the right market

We can't kill 'aarthi' but on the footstep of govt control markets, just setup HQ local market or look for exports.
Same goes for fish/honey and meat farming

Last edited:
as he explained at 17:00 that if we meet the criteria then be it from any developing country you can compete in the market. So neither BDesh nor India is a special case.
Same goes for good governance. If one can manage well then no doubt Pakistan can progress.
See Dubai transformation in 50 years (size is different, I know).
@fitpOsitive

@22:00 he talks about copy/paste model.
Let me state quote one of the biggest anthropologist and patriot of Pakistan.. Dr Zafar Altaf (founder of hala milk)
"that Pakistan agriculture is not a binary system where you can apply the same rule everywhere. " he also achieved 10% growth in agriculture..

i like current govt approach in the same direction that instead of giving a general subsidy on flour, give to to the people who need most. So hunting/target the right market and people, then optimising for it should be the focus. Like winter tomato shortage or specific quality meat/salads/lemon for Gulf.
@JamD
I didn't listen the Hood bhai talk yet, but will listen that later..
here is a another good talk, I am happy he shares some ideas like mine. but more happy that he is implementing these.

Last edited:
good Video, he should try bring some pakistani dispora such as the two brothers who bought asda in the uk to give advise to young aspiring Pakistanis

@Goenitz Do you own any agricultural land?
Nope... But I wd love if our agriculture sector can boom bcz it is our backbone.

When ones come to UK and see difference prices you realise that same thing we can do. Like certification.. a baby nose sucker, with medical sertification, is sold here at 11-12 £ which worth just 1-2 £. All the money is for the medical grade stamp.
who bought asda in the uk to give advise to young aspiring Pakistanis
That deal went through? I thought it stalled after pandemic.

Nope... But I wd love if our agriculture sector can boom bcz it is our backbone.

When ones come to UK and see difference prices you realise that same thing we can do. Like certification.. a baby nose sucker, with medical sertification, is sold here at 11-12 £ which worth just 1-2 £. All the money is for the medical grade stamp.

Do you have any investments in Pakistan or do you plan to invest here?

Yep it’s pretty much almost done, the brothers are also close to buying caffe nero , and building a iconic landmark mosque in Blackburn for £5 million.

Do you have any investments in Pakistan or do you plan to invest here?
Not now.. my father invested in property and agriculture. The former was a big loss and the later was the stalemate.
On the other hand, my sister is designing advert app, so that people can advertise based on locality and choice. like in taxi and shops but owner can choose the add.

i am on the other hand have some designs to get patented and sell, if those are worthy enough. One set of design will improve a catalyst efficiency and the other is about air conditioning. The former originated from my PhD and the later i will discuss with Professors and try to secure funding for the research.

Then I would like to change the design so as to prevent copy right of this machine. Then may be a local production in Pakistan.

may be a circular design.. can that save us from copy rights? @JamD
Edit: this machine

Last edited:
Not now.. my father invested in property and agriculture. The former was a big loss and the later was the stalemate.
On the other hand, my sister is designing advert app, so that people can advertise based on locality and choice. like in taxi and shops but owner can choose the add.

i am on the other hand have some designs to get patented and sell, if those are worthy enough. One set of design will improve a catalyst efficiency and the other is about air conditioning. The former originated from my PhD and the later i will discuss with Professors and try to secure funding for the research.

Then I would like to change the design so as to save from the copy right of this machine. Then may be a local production in Pakistan.

may be a circular design.. can that save us from copy rights? @JamD
Edit: this machine
Best wishes to you and your sister, may Allah grant both of you success.

Back
Top Bottom