What's new

Moderators in the Russian Defense section.

ptldM3

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Is there a Russian moderator for the Russian defence section or any moderator dedicated for the Russian section of this forum? It seems that of all the sub-forums on Pakistan Defence Forum the Russian defence section is the most overlooked and has been getting trolled mere severely as of late. Whenever a moderator is tagged or someone is flagged usually nothing happens and the trolling continues. We can not lie to ourselves, some moderator are bias towards their country of origin, that is they will lock and delete threads and ban people that are worthy of getting banned only if it relates to their country/agenda/interests. Again it is the truth, we can not deny the reality. Again and again we are told to "just report it" and every time nothing happens. How about we either promote more moderators or at least assign one to moderate the Russian defence section.

This is my suggestion.

Is there a Russian moderator for the Russian defence section or any moderator dedicated for the Russian section of this forum? It seems that of all the sub-forums on Pakistan Defence Forum the Russian defence section is the most overlooked and has been getting trolled mere severely as of late. Whenever a moderator is tagged or someone is flagged usually nothing happens and the trolling continues. We can not lie to ourselves, some moderator are bias towards their country of origin, that is they will lock and delete threads and ban people that are worthy of getting banned only if it relates to their country/agenda/interests. Again it is the truth, we can not deny the reality. Again and again we are told to "just report it" and every time nothing happens. How about we either promote more moderators or at least assign one to moderate the Russian defence section.

This is my suggestion.

I'm neutral, how would you feel about me in that section? Or would Vostok work better.

I've been lobbying for "mod status" for a while, I too have a problem with some of the trolling that goes on here and want be help clean it up. I'm moderate in my thoughts towards Russia, though I don't commonly contribute to the Russian Defense section (apart from general viewership) and wont favor any one nationality. I own an negligence to myself here, I can over look American, Turkish, Pakistani, Indian or whatever other flags a person flies in an effort to remain unbiased and neutral as a mod.

Of course this is dependent on @WebMaster

Oh, and I don't think all sections have a mod, unless it's the role of the "international mod" individuals. I haven't seen anyone in the "Americas" section either.

I'm neutral, how would you feel about me in that section? Or would Vostok work better.

I've been lobbying for "mod status" for a while, I too have a problem with some of the trolling that goes on here and want be help clean it up. I'm moderate in my thoughts towards Russia, though I don't commonly contribute to the Russian Defense section (apart from general viewership) and wont favor any one nationality. I own an negligence to myself here, I can over look American, Turkish, Pakistani, Indian or whatever other flags a person flies in an effort to remain unbiased and neutral as a mod.

Of course this is dependent on @WebMaster

Oh, and I don't think all sections have a mod, unless it's the role of the "international mod" individuals. I haven't seen anyone in the "Americas" section either.

I think either you or @Nihonjin1051 would be good mods. I've noticed a lack of willingness to troll, except for the Members section from both of you, and you're both qualitative contributors who tend to be more respectful than not and who are relatively unbiased in their views, of course we all have our preferences and I'd expect you are no different.

This is my suggestion.

There seem to be several stops with a mod deficiency, the Russian Defense section being one of them. Who would you support as a mod?

^
I think you need to contact the Admin. I am Pakistani and have been on a quite a few forums and I must say this forum is more 'free' than most. If I said some of the things Indian's say here about Pakistan in a Indian forum I would get banned forthwith. The relative freedom in this forum is refreshing.

However I agree there has to be some red lines. I think if you guys can agree to Sven's suggestion or maybe even Ptld31 could me made a Mod on probationery basis. Good moderation creates nice environment which is conductive to good debate.

So I will back either Sven or PtldM3.

I'm neutral, how would you feel about me in that section? Or would Vostok work better. I've been lobbying for "mod status" for a while, I too have a problem with some of the trolling that goes on here and want be help clean it up. I'm moderate in my thoughts towards Russia, though I don't commonly contribute to the Russian Defense section (apart from general viewership) and wont favor any one nationality. I own an negligence to myself here, I can over look American, Turkish, Pakistani, Indian or whatever other flags a person flies in an effort to remain unbiased.

It does not matter, as long as people are neutral and have at least some knowledge about Russia but it would be preferred that the person have a certain amount of knowledge about Russian affairs. For example someone made a troll thread about the Armata today with no other intent other then to troll, from then on some turks jumped in to troll as well since they have been trolling the Armata in the Turkish defence section anyways. They said the Armata broke down when in reality the driver accidentally engaged the emergency breaks.

^
I think you need to contact the Admin. I am Pakistani and have been on a quite a few forums and I must say this forum is more 'free' than most. If I said some of the things Indian's say here about Pakistan in a Indian forum I would get banned forthwith. The relative freedom in this forum is refreshing.

However I agree there has to be some red lines. I think if you guys can agree to Sven's suggestion or maybe even Ptld31 could me made a Mod on probationery basis. Good moderation creates nice environment which is conductive to good debate.

So I will back either Sven or PtldM3.

Yes it is refreshing to speak your opinion but at the same time problems need to be addressed. Passive aggressive trolling as well as blatant trolling needs to be addressed. Everyone should speak their mind as long as they are hear to debate fairly and not start a smear campaign.

If the problem is between Turk v Russian then probably Sven being American is the best guy for this since he will carry some leverage with Turks as well. So yes I think Sven is front runner. Of course let us see what admin. decide.

There seem to be several stops with a mod deficiency, the Russian Defense section being one of them. Who would you support as a mod?

@Atanz this should answer your question.

That does not matter much to me, I would do it if asked, but as long as they are a quality member that has some knowledge of Russia or are at least willing to learn more about Russian affaires so they can distinguish what is genuine and what is trolling then they would fit the job.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom