What's new

Moderation for Arab Section PDF

Well, I will offer some criticism as well as some advice because whomever is currently moderating the Arab & Middle East sections is horrible. To be a moderator, you cannot be biased or supportive of one entity over the other and that problem is so obvious and evident at the moment with that particular individual that it makes participation here, rather crappy to be honest with you.

Moderating requires only to make sure the members are abiding by the rules, and not to be "topic sensitive", or "biased" towards one side or the other which has clearly been evident with me in the past few weeks but particularly the last day. I find that moderator's behavior completely lacking, prejudicial, biased AND has taken a personal dislike to some of the things I have said. Not because they are breaking any rules, I'm VERY familiar with the rules, but simply because he doesn't like what I said. This individual is taking things personally and that is the worst quality to have in a moderator.

They cannot abuse their power as I've witnessed that happening not even just in these two sections, but in other ones. There are only a few responsibilities a moderator needs to have and to be perfectly honest, you don't need an Arab moderator because that will be counter productive. That individual will undoubtedly be biased. And you can't have a Pakistani member either because that also, unfortunately, has its own biased qualities. That's what I have seen happen to me in the last day here. You're better off with someone completely detached from any of the political or military associations of the Arab world and it's nearby connections, so as to have someone who will be tasked with making sure ONLY the forum rules are applied, and no biases are influencing his or her decisions.

To stop squabbling between Arabs, Arabs wannabes, and others that are grouped in the same topic...The solution is simple..separate the Arab forum in two..arab forum and African forum..Just to see the Khaleedji picture representing Africa, makes one vomit! There is absolutely nobody who cares on what happens in the Arab world, but Arabs themselves...So just give them their own area where they can delight themselves in their never ending dreams of their greatness...

Nominate someone. It seems there isn't an unbiased choice there because I've yet to come across a name that doesn't cause some group to outcry. The aim is simple, rules and a preventing abuse. Nothing more nothing less. A moderator is under no obligation to follow a report just assess them. Reports are rejected as well.

Well, I will offer some criticism as well as some advice because whomever is currently moderating the Arab & Middle East sections is horrible. To be a moderator, you cannot be biased or supportive of one entity over the other and that problem is so obvious and evident at the moment with that particular individual that it makes participation here, rather crappy to be honest with you.

Moderating requires only to make sure the members are abiding by the rules, and not to be "topic sensitive", or "biased" towards one side or the other which has clearly been evident with me in the past few weeks but particularly the last day. I find that moderator's behavior completely lacking, prejudicial, biased AND has taken a personal dislike to some of the things I have said. Not because they are breaking any rules, I'm VERY familiar with the rules, but simply because he doesn't like what I said. This individual is taking things personally and that is the worst quality to have in a moderator.

They cannot abuse their power as I've witnessed that happening not even just in these two sections, but in other ones. There are only a few responsibilities a moderator needs to have and to be perfectly honest, you don't need an Arab moderator because that will be counter productive. That individual will undoubtedly be biased. And you can't have a Pakistani member either because that also, unfortunately, has its own biased qualities. That's what I have seen happen to me in the last day here. You're better off with someone completely detached from any of the political or military associations of the Arab world and it's nearby connections, so as to have someone who will be tasked with making sure ONLY the forum rules are applied, and no biases are influencing his or her decisions.

Nominate someone. It seems there isn't an unbiased choice there because I've yet to come across a name that doesn't cause some group to outcry. The aim is simple, rules and a preventing abuse. Nothing more nothing less. A moderator is under no obligation to follow a report just assess them. Reports are rejected as well.
I've not seen any Arab think tank here..ever.. eventhough there are everywhere of almost every nationality.. let alone having an Arab moderator.. hopefully we'll see some soon..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom