What's new

Mob in Pakistan kills man accused of burning Quran

Puchtoon

Reaction score
KARACHI, Pakistan (AP) — A mob in southern Pakistan stormed a police station to seize a mentally unstable Muslim man accused of burning a copy of Islam's holy book, beat him to death, and then set his body afire, police said Saturday.

The case is likely to raise further concerns about the country's harsh blasphemy laws, which can result in a death sentence or life in prison to anyone found guilty. Critics say an accusation or investigation alone can lead to deaths, as people take the law into their own hands and kill those accused of violating it. Police stations and even courts have been attacked by mobs.

Local police official Bihar-ud-Din said police arrested the man on Friday after being informed by residents that he had burned a Quran inside a mosque where he had been staying for a night.

An angry mob of more than 200 people then broke into the police station in the southern town of Dadu and took the accused man, who they say was under questioning. Din said police tried their best to save the man's life but were unable to stop the furious crowd.

He said that police had arrested 30 people for suspected involvement in the attack, while the head of the local police station and seven officers had been suspended.

Past attempts by governments in predominantly Muslim Pakistan to review these laws have met with violent opposition from hardline Islamist parties.

Mob in Pakistan kills man accused of burning Quran - Yahoo! News

Indians are posting anti-pakistani Threads again and again @Aeronaut

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO there should be no tolerance for those who disrespect Quaran majeed and Holy prophet sallallahu alaihi wasallam period

..Religion of peace strikes again .......let me guess ....these weren't 'true' muslims :coffee:

Very unfortunate indeed! It's the intolerance that leads people to go to such extremes. Country has a law on it, let the courts decide.

I can't understand why do people commit blasphemy in first place? No way burning of a holly book or using derogatory language for the prophets is justified!

Anyway, perpetrators involved in killing must be brought to the justice so that incidents like this are avoided in future.

Indians are posting anti-pakistani Threads again and again @Aeronaut

are they posting anything which is false mate?

personally one should never insult any ones religion , especially as its a sensitive topic in the sub continent.

Last edited by a moderator:
..Religion of peace strikes again .......let me guess ....these weren't 'true' muslims :coffee:

I looked at the video and from faces they all look hindus, you know what hindus look like, right?
or if you want I can explain in details

I looked at the video and from faces they all look hindus, you know what hindus look like, right?

Go ahead and explain it??How does a Hindu look like???

Shocking crime the 'accused' is guilty already even before a court outcome

explain man.:enjoy:explain man.i sincerely look forward to ur explaination.

Go ahead and explain it??How does a Hindu look like???

Havent u seen?

images

Back
Top Bottom