What's new

Misc. PAF Stuff

I find it amusing that as soon as you mentioned the missile I went to the exact same website as you.

Is there a proper story mentioning Pakistans aquisition out there?

I can confirm it. PD was suppose to release out a news.. but that didn't happen. :cry: But it did release Spada 2000 news. This was confirmed both by DefenseNews and guys in PakDef.

Thats excellent news.

It should be readily integrateable due to its use of the Giraffe radar which Pakistan already uses.

Keyeser,

In 2003, I was at an air show at March reserve AFB in riverside county---there was a female pilot flying a show plane---a single engine prop---this woman is extremely muscular---very strong physically---you could see the muscles---I remember the announcer stating that this pilot never uses G suits---does special excercises and muscle control---she can take 9 + g's in that plane---american pilots are also extremely physically buff---they pump a lot of iron---they believe that extra physical strength and special excercises helps them take on a higher number of G's than not as physically strong pilot.

I am unsure about BAMSE...the Swedes' put the project on hold indefinitely. Hence I see the Pakistani forces looking at the VL-MICA...which is a system similar in scope to BAMSE. If procured with local production rights & capability, I think the next goal would be to develop it into a medium-range SAM similar to Aster-15 & ESSM. By using a standard-set of SAMs throughout the forces the military can save considerably on logistics and maintenance.

Regarding FC-20. I think it is a 4.5 generation fighter based on a future/upcoming J-10 variant, but customized to PAF requirements. One thing to remember is that J-10's successive variants are not super-radically different from each other. Compared to the J-10 you see now, and the platform FC-20 will be based off - the measure of difference would be like F-16A to F-16E.

For instance...increasing J-10's stealth (or decreasing RCS) would encompass:
1) Further use of composites in the airframe (unless already extensive)
2) Changes in nose, canopy & intake - maybe major or minor, can't say.
3) Embedded wing-load - i.e. missiles not sticking out, but external.

The PLAAF will be using the new J-10 for primarily air superiority, PAF wants sophisticated strike - hence the FC-20 difference.

Keyeser,

In 2003, I was at an air show at March reserve AFB in riverside county---there was a female pilot flying a show plane---a single engine prop---this woman is extremely muscular---very strong physically---you could see the muscles---I remember the announcer stating that this pilot never uses G suits---does special excercises and muscle control---she can take 9 + g's in that plane---american pilots are also extremely physically buff---they pump a lot of iron---they believe that extra physical strength and special excercises helps them take on a higher number of G's than not as physically strong pilot.

The lady you are talking is actually russian can came first this years in the Red Bull Race. They are many excesices you can do if you are not wearing a G suite. A single prop plane has the stick between the legs so you cannot use G suite, While doing an stunt if the G suite inflates them many things can go wrong. Blue angles dont wear Gsuits and so does the Russians team.

Muradk,

Wing Commander Jan Mahmood---my friend's dad--- was one of the first ones to fly the sabre---he wasn't a W C at that time.

Muradk,

Wing Commander Jan Mahmood---my friend's dad--- was one of the first ones to fly the sabre---he wasn't a W C at that time.

I am sorry yar I did'nt get your point are we talking about .
Retd Wg Cdre J Mahmood PAk Number #3331 joined PAF on 29-4-1946
retired on 01-03-1962, you are right if he flew the first ones that means it was 1957 and must be a sqd Ldr at that time. He was course-mates
of AVM RAB Nawaz and AVM MJ O-brain.

Hi Muradk,

I believe he is the same gentleman---went to turkey as a millitary attache or attached to the embassy---later on was part of the security management / detail for the PINSTECH---it is in 1974, I remember him telling me---" we went to america---got to the base---got the lecture etc---got into the cockpit of the F 86---the american tried to show him the intstrumentation etc---he says that I told him to move away---got the controls and took off the airfield just like that---showed the americans how to fly the sabre---.

He was a good man---a cocky old pathan---a wonderful guy.

Hi Muradk,

I believe he is the same gentleman---went to turkey as a millitary attache or attached to the embassy---later on was part of the security management / detail for the PINSTECH---it is in 1974, I remember him telling me---" we went to america---got to the base---got the lecture etc---got into the cockpit of the F 86---the american tried to show him the intstrumentation etc---he says that I told him to move away---got the controls and took off the airfield just like that---showed the americans how to fly the sabre---.

He was a good man---a cocky old pathan---a wonderful guy.

:lol::lol:Master did your father tell you what he did with that saber, after he took off.

Muradk,

Correction---my friend's dad---No, I dodn't remember what he did with that plane---the chat I had with him was in 1974---a long time ago---I don't remember the details of the conversation.

Muradk,

Correction---my friend's dad---No, I dodn't remember what he did with that plane---the chat I had with him was in 1974---a long time ago---I don't remember the details of the conversation.

he took off did one go around and saw a bridge right next to the runway which was actually a over pass for people comming into the base and he went underneath the bridge made a victory roll and landed, you should have seen General Richards face, they could'nt believe that pakistan pilots were so good and so competent that on his first sortie he could fly like that.

Muradk,

MK - nice avtar! Cheech & Chong eh!

T-37B jet trainer bows out of USAF service

Gareth Jennings Jane's Aviation Reporter - London

The US Air Force ( USAF) has retired its Cessna T-37B Tweet jet trainer after more than 50 years of service.

The last USAF aircraft was withdrawn from service during a ceremony at Columbus Air Force Base (AFB) in Mississippi on 3 April, although the type will continue to be used at Sheppard AFB in Texas as part of the Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training programme.

The retirement ceremony culminated with a four-ship T-37 fly-past by members of the 37th Flying Training Squadron.

The T-37 entered service in 1957 and is being replaced in USAF service by the Beech T-6A Texan II turboprop basic trainer aircraft. Advanced jet training is carried out using the Northrop T-38 Talon.

Hi Murad,

Thanks for sharing it with us. I told this story to my kids and they were cracking up. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom