What's new

Military vows to take terror threat head on

UmarJustice

New Recruit

Reaction score
The army’s top brass, at its meeting on Tuesday, reviewed the national security situation and resolved that the armed forces would follow a comprehensive strategy to combat terrorist threat being faced by the country.

The resolve was made at the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (JCSC) meeting held here at the Joint Staff Headquarters, according to an ISPR statement. Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee Chairman General Khalid Shameem Wynne presided over the meeting which was attended by Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Muhammad Asif Sandila, Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, the defence secretary, the chief of general staff, the joint staff director general, the Inter-Services Intelligence director general, the Strategic Plans Division director general and other senior military officers from the three services.

The JCSC quarterly moot of senior military leadership assessed and evaluated the operational preparedness of the armed forces. The meeting reviewed issues concerning the national security, regional geo-strategic environment and internal security situation as well as progress on the agenda points of the last session.

The participants of the meeting expressed satisfaction over the standard of preparedness of the armed forces to take on the upcoming challenges.

It was reiterated in unequivocal terms that a comprehensive strategy would be followed by the armed forces to combat the terror threat being faced by the country.

The JCSC chairman appreciated the sacrifices rendered in the realm of the national security. The meeting also discussed the support of the armed forces to the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) during the forthcoming elections.

Military vows to take terror threat head on | The Nation

I hope it encompasses terror threats to India and Afghanistan also, specially the Kashmiri terror groups, LET etc and the Haqqanis and Afghan Taliban...half baked attempts targeting only groups attacking Pakistanis will not serve any purpose because all these groups are interlinked and have a common agenda.

If millitary was serious they could have taken solid steps back in 2002 itself but how can they crucify their own strategic assets!?

They too seem to be making the right noises to placate the nation , their ' financiers' and those who matter.

If statements could kill , there'd be no Terror at all.

I likes, very much - Kill them all!, no need to save any Talib or sectarian terrorist - then lets move on their patrons and financiers

The military just told the Govt. after the failed talks "I hate standing around".

We commend their decision to continue their fight against terrorism. We must understand that this war against an elusive enemy is difficult. We appreciate their sacrifices and understand the difficulties the Pakistani military has been facing in the treacherous north western Pakistan. We fully support their efforts and hope for a final victory against this common enemy.

Abdul Quddus
DET-United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

I likes, very much - Kill them all!, no need to save any Talib or sectarian terrorist - then lets move on their patrons and financiers

The "patrons and financiers" are the financiers of many Paksitani finances as well. So, I don't see this happening unless we were to take a stronger and bolder position in international politics.

The "patrons and financiers" are the financiers of many Paksitani finances as well. So, I don't see this happening unless we were to take a stronger and bolder position in international politics.

And of course that won't and can't happen unless we tackle i the internal enemy seriously, not just to make peace with them but to finish them off.

And of course that won't and can't happen unless we tackle i the internal enemy seriously, not just to make peace with them but to finish them off.

Making Peace... I refrain from attaching these words with the TPP and TPP-minded groups.
Never supported peace talks and never will.

Bombs for bombs, blood for blood.

That, after all, will be justice.

Making Peace... I refrain from attaching these words with the TPP and TPP-minded groups.
Never supported peace talks and never will.

Bombs for bombs, blood for blood.

That, after all, will be justice.

That's what I'm talking about - remove the weed from the roots, the roots are in ideology

Originally Posted by muse
I likes, very much - Kill them all!, no need to save any Talib or sectarian terrorist - then lets move on their patrons and financiers.

The "patrons and financiers" of TTP are the financiers of many Paksitani finances as well. So, I don't see this happening unless we were to take a stronger and bolder position in international politics.

Hmm...I think you are referring to the Saudi Salafi establishment. When will we show some guts and really go after these TTP patrons?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom