What's new

Militants strike in Central Kashmir, SHO shot dead in Chadoora

Gryphon

Reaction score
Date: 2 December 2013

Chadoora: Panic gripped in Central Kashmir’s Chadora town on Monday when suspected militants shot dead a police officer in the main market. During the attack two policemen and three shopkeepers were also injured.

Police sources told CNS that at least three militants appeared in Chadora market on Monday afternoon who fired upon a police party headed by Station House Officer Syed Shabir Ahmed. “SHO was seriously injured in the attack. He was immediately taken to nearby hospital where doctors declared him brought dead,” a police official said.

Eyewitnesses told CNS that militants were at least three in number. “One of the militant carrying automatic rifle was wearing phiran and was present in a medical shop. As the police party reached near market, the militants fired upon the party indiscriminately,” they said.

A police official identified the deceased police officer as Sub-Inspector Syed Shabir Ahmed. The injured policemen have been identified as Selection Grade Constable Muhammad Shafi Dar and SPO Firdous Ahmed. Three civilians were also injured in the attack who have been identified as Nazir Ahmed Shiekh, Ghulam Ahmed Dar and Munir Ahmed.

Police said that militants managed to escape from the scene soon after attacking the police party. “I saw the militant who fired upon our SHO. I tried to hit him when he was fleeing but due to presence of people, I did not open the fire,” one of the policeman accompanying deceased Station House Officer told CNS.

During the shootout the windowpanes of one of the santro vehicle (JK03B-2545) was completely damaged. Army, police and CRPF cordoned off the area and started search operation to flush out the militants. However, no one was arrested.

Superintendent of Police Budgam, Irshad Ahmed told reporters that militants fired upon police officer at a point blank range. “Our police officer was shot by militants using automatic weapon. We have started an operation to nab the suspects,” he said.

Militants strike in Central Kashmir, SHO shot dead in Chadoora

Ha "Freedom Fighters". No regards to the safety of their own people. I hope these pigs are caught soon.

Desperate militants angry at Modi arrival. :D

Wow your kashmiri freedom fighter even injured 3 civilians.

Fighting for peace and fighting only with army. :lol:

Those pigs will die soon.

Date: 2 December 2013

Police sources told CNS that at least three militants appeared in Chadora market on Monday afternoon who fired upon a police party headed by Station House Officer Syed Shabir Ahmed. “SHO was seriously injured in the attack. He was immediately taken to nearby hospital where doctors declared him brought dead,” a police official said.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

Back
Top Bottom