Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Mexico to open its embassy in Bangladesh​

• DHAKA
  • MARCH 03, 2023, 11:51 PM
  • BY UNB NEWS

Mexico to open its embassy in Bangladesh

Dhaka, Mar 3 (UNB) - Mexican Foreign Secretary Marcelo Ebrard has announced that his country will open an Embassy in Dhaka in the second half of the yeae - 2023.

While in New Delhi, Foreign Secretary Marcelo Ebrard met with Foreign Minister AK Abdul Momen on Friday and announced the opening of a Mexican embassy in Bangladesh for the second half of this year.

With a population of over 170 million, Bangladesh is a major player in the Central Asian region, according to the Mexican government.

Mexico is interested in boosting business and cooperation with Bangladesh, particularly in the pharmaceutical, agribusiness, and technology sectors.

Bangladesh already has an embassy in Mexico.

interesting choice of words from the Mexican government
Although many different terms are used to denote different zones of Asia, in reality, India is the central south. BD is just beside it. I do not think the zoning created by the British and then America will change suddenly but India remains in the distinct southern Asian middle and with it BD.

By the way, there was a time when almost all areas including the east of India were called India by the Europeans. Note the definition of Indo-China for SE Asia. It is no more categorically used.

The concepts and denotations kept on changing through a few centuries of interaction between Europe and Asia.

Although many different terms are used to denote different zones of Asia, in reality, India is the central south. BD is just beside it. I do not think the zoning created by the British and then America will change suddenly but India remains in the distinct southern Asian middle and with it BD.

By the way, there was a time when almost all areas including the east of India were called India by the Europeans. Note the definition of Indo-China for SE Asia. It is no more categorically used.

The concepts and denotations kept on changing through a few centuries of interaction between Europe and Asia.

It is interesting that Mexico used those words. I have never heard anyone in the world refer to India as Central Asia

It is interesting that Mexico used those words. I have never heard anyone in the world refer to India as Central Asia
By that definition, it may also mean India is in the central part of Asia. Just measure India from Asdia's east and also west.

By that definition, it may also mean India is in the central part of Asia. Just measure India from Asdia's east and also west.

In political science and foreign policy studies few people use the term West Asia. The terms South Asia, Central Asia and South East Asia are consistent. So is East Asia

Back
Top Bottom