What's new

Meezan Bank Announces to only do International Dollar Transactions on Open Market Rates @ Rs. 252

Im getting 260 on adding funds to Google Ads from Meezan WTF

sadly for exporter bank charging 226 for dollar coming in pakistan
can someone help out here?
I am a quasi-freelancer. As in I do freelancing on a online platform where the freelancer account belongs to someone else i.e. my employer.
He takes a share out of all projects. Funds in USD are drawn into his payoneer account. He transfers the funds into his meezan bank account where he recieves PKR.

Would this affect the amount of PKR he gets per USD from payoneer?

@Enigma SIG
@Imran Khan
@RescueRanger

I am a quasi-freelancer. As in I do freelancing on a online platform where the freelancer account belongs to someone else i.e. my employer.
He takes a share out of all projects. Funds in USD are drawn into his payoneer account. He transfers the funds into his meezan bank account where he recieves PKR.

@Enigma SIG
@Imran Khan
@RescueRanger
Bhai sorry hum to cash per zinda hain chat with meezan bank they can inform you. Hamary account main to 60000 para hai ab bus

Today in Karachi dollar is not available even on 270.

@Enigma SIG
@Imran Khan
@RescueRanger

Short answer yes, it will.

@Enigma SIG
@Imran Khan
@RescueRanger
Payoneer charges 2.5% on transfers.

Payoneer charges 2.5% on transfers.
that I know. I just wanted to confirm if the guy who pays me will be getting the open market rate for his USD? Is that the case?
He's the one with the payoneer account and the draws into into his PKR account and then gives me my share.

It's important we let the banks work at the market, otherwise we'll lose significant revenue to illegal open market. This is a smart move by this bank.
we are losing $1 billion every month in remittance because of low rate of incoming dollar. People are not sending money using bank channel.

And this move is hurting exporters as well. Exporters paying higer to import raw material and getting less in return.

@Enigma SIG
@Imran Khan
@RescueRanger
IT freelancer or Remittance will get $1=Rs.226

This is for dollar going outside rate like you buy something on amazon or import material something and make payment using meezan bank then they will charge $1=RS.252

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom