PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
MBA, PhD degree holders apply for peons' jobs in Rajasthan university

NDTV Correspondent, Updated: July 27, 2011 08:45 IST
Comments

PLAYClick to Expand & Play
Udaipur: There are 15 posts to fill, 3,000 applications. That is common in populous India. Only, the posts here are those of peons at a Rajasthan university and many young men armed with even PhDs and MBA degrees have applied.

The applications flooding the Mohan Lal Sukhadia University in Udaipur are a grim reminder of unemployment in the country. But among those vying for these jobs are also people that are already employed in vocations more in keeping with their qualifications. Like Manmohan Singh Rathore, who has an MPhil degree in computer science, a journalism degree and is a teacher in a private school. But Mr Rathore aspires to join Mohan Lal Sukhadia university as a peon.

"I have all these big degrees, but there is no assured employment. If I get selected, I'll get to do a government job," Mr Rathore says.

The starting salary for a peon at the university is about Rs. 4,700 a month. This might go up to Rs. 7,000. But for Mr Rathore and others with management or doctoral degrees, the security of a government job, with an assured pension, government accommodation and other facilities are the big draw.

The Vice-Chancellor of the University, Prof IV Trivedi, says the university has never before "received applications from candidates who've done PhD, MPhil, MBA and Msc for the post of peon. We are really surprised to get applications from such highly-qualified people."

Read more at: MBA, PhD degree holders apply for peons' jobs in Rajasthan university

trolls are not welcome here look at jobless public of S.ASIA .:undecided: its ssems to me better we have jobs outside and we (indian pakistani) live in gulf are still better

Competetion is very much in India...

15post ..3000 applicants... It's tough to select..

So i advise people to get a degree in scientific field...MBA oppurtunity is gone.....

Companies need thousands of programmer n engineers but only 10 or 15 MBA guys to manage the company...

So go for Scientific studies...Not administrative studies

MBA, PhD degree holders apply for peons' jobs in Rajasthan university

NDTV Correspondent, Updated: July 27, 2011 08:45 IST
Comments

PLAYClick to Expand & Play
Udaipur: There are 15 posts to fill, 3,000 applications. That is common in populous India. Only, the posts here are those of peons at a Rajasthan university and many young men armed with even PhDs and MBA degrees have applied.

The applications flooding the Mohan Lal Sukhadia University in Udaipur are a grim reminder of unemployment in the country. But among those vying for these jobs are also people that are already employed in vocations more in keeping with their qualifications. Like Manmohan Singh Rathore, who has an MPhil degree in computer science, a journalism degree and is a teacher in a private school. But Mr Rathore aspires to join Mohan Lal Sukhadia university as a peon.

"I have all these big degrees, but there is no assured employment. If I get selected, I'll get to do a government job," Mr Rathore says.

The starting salary for a peon at the university is about Rs. 4,700 a month. This might go up to Rs. 7,000. But for Mr Rathore and others with management or doctoral degrees, the security of a government job, with an assured pension, government accommodation and other facilities are the big draw.

The Vice-Chancellor of the University, Prof IV Trivedi, says the university has never before "received applications from candidates who've done PhD, MPhil, MBA and Msc for the post of peon. We are really surprised to get applications from such highly-qualified people."

Read more at: MBA, PhD degree holders apply for peons' jobs in Rajasthan university

trolls are not welcome here look at jobless public of S.ASIA .:undecided: its ssems to me better we have jobs outside and we (indian pakistani) live in gulf are still better

I think this article talks about Indian people not all south asia..

Wat is that we suddenly???? :lol:

I think this article talks about Indian people not all south asia..

Wat is that we suddenly???? :lol:

nope because as i am pakistani and situation is not good in pakistan too i look now as our company is much better for me as other indians here to look at PHD and job 4500rs its mean we better stay here .

sadly situation in Pakistan is no different.

Only way out of it is to invest money in one's own business rather than education.

nope because as i am pakistani and situation is not good in pakistan too i look now as our company is much better for me as other indians here to look at PHD and job 4500rs its mean we better stay here .

lol come to bangalore,with a MBA or PHD ,one can get a pay more than 40,000+

Lol even a guy with just b.sc in computer science with 70% result can earn 15,000rs here in bangalore...

Not all places have that type of problem...it's the govt of rajasthan....n congress...

And don't feel happy that this is the same case in all other states....lol

here a guy with 10+2 can earn 6,000 per month ....lol

BTW for info 100 INR= 196 PKR round figure 200PKR...

Lol even a guy with just b.sc in computer science with 70% result can earn 15,000rs here in bangalore...

Not all places have that type of problem...it's the govt of rajasthan....n congress...

u are talking about private sector job buddy

ppl here with mba degrees are applying for this job because of govt. job security ....even with low pay u have many other facilities and an assured job for life and assured pensions etc.

the man with the m.phil is a teacher in a pvt school ...his pay must be more than the peon job but there is no job security.

still i am getting more yaaar you cant beat us in this case ahahahhaha

BTW its your flame man look here

100.00 indian ruppe = 176.119 Japanese yen

when Pakistani currency go down you guys flame and when its come up you guys say now pakistan will lose in exports . can't you guys just hide this hate?

ARen't you generalizing all candidates and employers?? a 10+2 gets around Rs.8500 (i know a guy)..

those applying for peons with a PHD and MBA degree are either crazy or they are having fake certificates...even a six month diploma in India lands you a 10k job, and why would an MBA or PHD guy go for peon job when he can get much better pay as a BPO employee where almost anyone can get a job..!! i don't trust the news..

still i am getting more yaaar you cant beat us in this case ahahahhaha

BTW its your flame man look here

100.00 indian ruppe = 176.119 Japanese yen

when Pakistani currency go down you guys flame and when its come up you guys say now pakistan will lose in exports . can't you guys just hide this hate?

does japan come in South asia???

They are applying for Govt jobs so less pay...are u working in govt job or private sector???
They feel govt job is secure n less stress n they get pension after their retirement...
if they apply for a private sector companies they will get minimun 25,000 rs per month...

hope i didnt ruin ur night lol

ARen't you generalizing all candidates and employers?? a 10+2 gets around Rs.8500 (i know a guy)..

those applying for peons with a PHD and MBA degree are either crazy or they are having fake certificates...even a six month diploma in India lands you a 10k job, and why would an MBA or PHD guy go for peon job when he can get much better pay as a BPO employee where almost anyone can get a job..!! i don't trust the news..

i know a guy he is 10+2 earns 15 thousand per month

u are talking about private sector job buddy

ppl here with mba degrees are applying for this job because of govt. job security ....even with low pay u have many other facilities and an assured job for life and assured pensions etc.

the man with the m.phil is a teacher in a pvt school ...his pay must be more than the peon job but there is no job security.

Spot on Bro. Govt Job means Job security, confirmed promotions and a good retirement benefit and pension. Also you are not treated like crap by your bosses. Thats why people rush for Govt jobs. Also once you get inside the Govt service you can write promotion tests and go up the service ladder depending on your educational qualifications . There was a case in my state where a person entered a Govt school as a sweeper and then went on to become a teacher in the same institution.

does japan come in South asia???

They are applying for Govt jobs so less pay...are u working in govt job or private sector???
They feel govt job is secure n less stress n they get pension after their retirement...
if they apply for a private sector companies they will get minimun 25,000 rs per month...

ok bye dear i am not interested in dick measure with you . as you are starting flames and i know what will be end of this .in this case my level is less then every indian be happy .

Back
Top Bottom