What's new

Mauritius offers India 2 islands in effort to preserve tax treaty

705.jpg

mauritius_basic.jpg

Beautiful
India.gif

I think these islands will be under water other than the hilly features :cheesy:

At the end of the day its important have "your own" Port for Deep Strategic Depth in Indian Ocean Region. So India in My opinion should take these Islands .

Between 2000 to 2012 40% of FDI to India through Mauritius due to tax treaty..

officials say an estimated $600m in revenue is lost each year as firms send money to Mauritius before routing it back to India to avoid tax.

BBC News - India considers review of Mauritius tax treaty

$600m *12 = $7.2 billion.. Now is that, and more to come in the following years, the price for these islands..

And more over, Black money.. The offer in itself, appears to be a way to bribe their way out of any changes to the lousy tax treaty.. Nice!!

It is a small country which due to the tax arrangements is spelling trouble for India. India should come down on tax avoidance structures based in Mauritius. Besides, we can always bully them again, to offer us the islands.

Dont we have one naval facility near those islands in seychelles???

what further infra can be build there? resort?

If its free just occupy it for namesake before someone else does... give it to private parties on lease.

There is no free lunch in life...what Mauritius wants from from India is much more valuable for it than two islands it is offering to India.Now the question for India is, are two small islands in an area where it is already the predominant power more valuable than money it looses out on as tax?I don't think so... :disagree:

This should be a no brainer.
I'm jealous as **** Pakistan doesn't have a single worthy Island :mad:

There is no free lunch in life...what Mauritius wants from from India is much more valuable for it than two islands it is offering to India.Now the question for India is, are two small islands in an area where it is already the predominant power more valuable than money it looses out on as tax?I don't think so... :disagree:

Exactly, by the $$ in tax money which will be collected, we can easily another ACC ( IAC -3 ) :woot:

This should be a no brainer.
I'm jealous as **** Pakistan doesn't have a single worthy Island :mad:

WTH !!

Don't u guys have any islands ? I mean absolutely zero not even deltas ?? There must be some river islands downstream of Indus ?

1. It will be good to have a naval base there it will break the string of pearls forever. :yahoo:

2. The cost of setting up and maintaining this island will be recovered from the tourism and other income generated by this island.

Back
Top Bottom