What's new

'Maulana' Junaid Jamshed's Sexist remarks causes Outrage on Social Media.

M.SAAD

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Junaid Jamshed's sexist remark causes outrage on social media

By Entertainment Desk
Published: July 21, 2015

923758-_-1437472018-328-640x480.jpg

Junaid Jamshed is not new to controversy, this time he has people fuming on social media over his sexist remark on a TV show, declaring that “Allah dislikes that any woman should be named [in the Quran].”

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//Junaid Jamshaid’s another Controversial Statement" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="
" target="_blank">Junaid Jamshaid&rsquo;s another Controversial Statement</a> <i>by <a href="M Rajpoot Bhatti - Dailymotion" target="_blank">RajpootBhatti</a></i>

Read: Junaid Jamshed and the ‘maternal instinct’

The singer-turned-televangelist’s seemingly misogynist beliefs and interpretations of the Holy Quran sent Twitter users in a frenzy as they expressed their outrage on the micro-blogging site.

One of them being the Academy and Emmy Award winning filmmaker, Sharmeen Obaid who deemed Junaid a hyprocite:

A man who makes his living by selling women's clothes has the audacity 2 treat them like 2nd class citizens what a hypocrite#Junaidjamshed

— Sharmeen Obaid (@sharmeenochinoy) July 20, 2015

Another questioned the religious scholar who guided the pop star towards Islam:

What does Maulana Tariq jamill has to say about his neophyte's statement? #JunaidJamshed

— Mahnoor (@Fooofipooofi) July 21, 2015

Others were baffled by his comments:

Just as I start to believe that humankind cannot get any stupider, someone goes out and amazes me further … #JunaidJamshed

— ChaiNotCoffee (@ChaiNotCoffee) July 21, 2015

JJ got a disease. Foot-in-mouth disease. #JunaidJamshed#misogyny #Pakistan

— Umal Ikram Nasir (@umalnasir) July 21, 2015

One took out his anger by poking fun at him:

he also looks like #JunaidJamshed in Military uniformpic.twitter.com/HxNpbqJYbF

— Rex Zeppelin (@Kalashinfolk) July 21, 2015

And some even decided to give him a reality check:

#Junaidjamshed If there were no women you wouldn't have been in this world! Your beard is getting too much to handle for yourself!

— alina iftikhar (@Alinaiftikhar) July 21, 2015

Here #JunaidJamshed a lil advice from #Tupac "A Woman Brought You Into This World. So you Have No Right To Disrespect One."

— ChaiNotCoffee (@ChaiNotCoffee) July 20, 2015

I don't understand why he hates women so much! mother and wife are both great women- so who scarred him? #Junaidjamshed

#BoycottJJ for this nincompoop #JunaidJamshed doesn't even realise that Jannah lies underneath mother's feet. #Womenpic.twitter.com/9IXx7LnsQu

— Marvi Sirmed (@marvisirmed) July 17, 2015

One was hopeful for him, wishing God would guide him (the sooner the better!):

Haters gona hate you but i love u from the sake of Allah(swt)#JunaidJamshed Allah(swt) guides those whom He loves

— S Rasool Peerzada (@SRP_Kashmiri) July 20, 2015

Others were not so kind:

Nails it. #JunaidJamshed Mosharraf Zaidi on Twitter: "@M_Tarar Maybe. My theory? His misogyny is driven by his guilt from VS days. Instead of owning his promiscuity, he blames womanhood."

— Hafsa Khawaja (@Hafsa_Khawaja) July 17, 2015

I'm having #JunaidJamshed over for Eid dinner.pic.twitter.com/127vvCKrTG

— Chachi Chatters (@ChachiChatters) July 19, 2015

With so much misogyny openly exhibited by Junaid Jamshed, women should have boycotted his designer clothings long ago. Never too late though

— M. Sadiq Swati (@SwatiSadiq) July 20, 2015

Earns millions from a clothing brand for women. Thinks women are inferior to men in everyway. #JunaidJamshed. Hypocrisy at its peak.

— Ramsha Kohati (@RamshaKohati) July 20, 2015

So Junaid Jamshed says god didn't put women's name in the Qur'an because he doesn't like women. JJ says this as he launches a new lawn sale.

— Noman Ansari (@Pugnate) July 17, 2015

A man who makes his living by selling women's clothes has the audacity 2 treat them like 2nd class citizens what a hypocrite#Junaidjamshed

This statement by #JunaidJamshed calls for complete boycotting his fashion brand #JJ by all women. Enough is enoughpic.twitter.com/YInoQRVpio

— Marvi Sirmed (@marvisirmed) July 17, 2015

There were even questions posed towards the justice system!

Bloody #JunaidJamshed can return to TV after fleeing the country over #Blasphemy and #ShaistaLodhi can't ! Why?@MehrTarar@mughalbha

— Reema Abbasi (@ReemaAbbasi) July 19, 2015

Happens when we have double standards of perspective to see people #Morons #ReligiousDorks #JunaidJamshed #TariqJamilpic.twitter.com/Rdasrja8uf

— سعد (@syedsaadzaidi) July 11, 2015

Hamza Ali Abbasi, who never misses an opportunity to comment on current affairs, took to Facebook to express himself.

He was deeply disappointed by Junaid’s remarks:
dfsdc.jpg

Read: An open letter to Junaid Jamshed

He is a good guy

Liberals will have *** burn whatever a muslim does

Back
Top Bottom