What's new

Massive explosions reported in US base in eastern Syria

Is that all you have? A stupid remark from an ex-President currently under criminal indictment, and that too from 4 years ago, in a long list of such stupid remarks? :D

"Syria is a relatively small oil producer, that accounted for just 0.5% of the global production in 2010,[2][3] falling to less than 0.05% by 2016.[4] "

Is that all you have? A stupid remark from an ex-President currently under criminal indictment, and that too from 4 years ago, in a long list of such stupid remarks? :D

"Syria is a relatively small oil producer, that accounted for just 0.5% of the global production in 2010,[2][3] falling to less than 0.05% by 2016.[4] "

I would say a direct statement from the highest authority in the country is indeed a pretty good source. Is there a de minimis threshold for the amount of a country's oil that another country is allowed to steal under international law? Are you doubting that this oil theft occurs? Are you doubting that the US is currently illegally occupying part of Syria?

To the extent that you are trying to make any cogent arguments, they are not clear.

I would say a direct statement from the highest authority in the country is indeed a pretty good source. Is there a de minimis threshold for the amount of a country's oil that another country is allowed to steal under international law? Are you doubting that this oil theft occurs? Are you doubting that the US is currently illegally occupying part of Syria?

To the extent that you are trying to make any cogent arguments, they are not clear.

LOL. You claimed that USA was in Syria to steal its oil. What oil is there in Syria to make that claim true? Is that clear enough?:D

The real issue is the internal disaster in Syria causing tens of thousands of refugees to flood neighboring countries.

LOL. You claimed that USA was in Syria to steal its oil. What oil is there in Syria to make that claim true? Is that clear enough?:D
I never claimed Syria is a major oil producer on the global stage. But oil revenues amounted to c. 25% of Syria's revenues before the war.

You obfuscate, so let's clarify my position:

(1) The US military is currently occupying Syrian territory. This is illegal under international law.
(2) Syria has oil reserves and these are largely located in the territory that the US military is currently occupying.
(3) Oil continues to be extracted from occupied Syrian territory and exported (usually through Turkey), without the permission or benefit of the Syrian Government.
(4) The President of the United States, while he was in office, directly admitted that the US was still in Syria to "keep the oil" and that the US "left troops behind [in Syria] only for the oil". If you think the President of the United States is a liar, CNN (and various other media organisations) has reported that US companies have been awarded contracts to develop oil fields and extract oil in occupied Syrian territory: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/05/...il-contract-delta-force-ambassador/index.html; https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20210320-us-controls-90-of-syria-oil/
(5) The Syrian Government, Iranian Government, Russian Government, Chinese Government (and others) have all corroborated this account and demanded that the US cease their occupation of Syrian territory and theft of Syrian resources.
(6) The US' occupation and theft of Syrian territory and resources are both illegal under international law. As a result, Syrians have a right to self-defence against those illegal acts of military aggression, which includes the right to target US occupation forces in Syria.

Which of these are you suggesting is wrong?

Which of these is wrong?

The fact that the root of the issues in Syria is not mentioned, clearly with malintent: the internal disaster in Syria causing tens of thousands of refugees to flood neighboring countries. Why lie by omission?

The fact that the root of the issues in Syria is not mentioned, clearly with malintent: the internal disaster in Syria causing tens of thousands of refugees to flood neighboring countries. Why lie by omission?
This thread is about a US military base which is illegally present in Syria. To be clear, you are positing that the root cause for the US' military presence and occupation in Syria is Syrian refugees in Turkey and Lebanon (etc)? You must be mentally deficient to even postulate such an absurd combination of words.

Even if it were true, an exodus of refugees from Syria to its neighbours is not a legal justification for the USA to occupy Syrian territory and steal Syrian oil, so it does not affect anything I wrote. See in particular (6):

(6) The US' occupation and theft of Syrian territory and resources are both illegal under international law. As a result, Syrians have a right to self-defence against those illegal acts of military aggression, which includes the right to target US occupation forces in Syria.

This thread is about a US military base which is illegally present in Syria. To be clear, you are positing that the root cause for the US' military presence and occupation in Syria is Syrian refugees in Turkey and Lebanon (etc)? You must be mentally deficient to even postulate such an absurd combination of words.

There you go again: Are the foreign forces in Syria only from USA?

There you go again: Are the foreign forces in Syria only from USA?
Notwithstanding that this thread is about the illegal US bases in Syria (if you wish to discuss the presence of other forces you are free to start a thread), the only foreign military forces that are illegally occupying (or present in) Syrian territory are American and Turkish.

Ultimately, you are utterly ignorant about international law and cannot stick to the same topic for more than 0.5 seconds, instead opting to engage in constant obfuscation and shifting the goal posts. I repeat:

I have clearly and concisely laid out and substantiated my assertions/theses here. To the extent you have any cogent arguments, you have not articulated them.

the only foreign military forces that are illegally occupying (or present in) Syrian territory are American and Turkish.

So now there are two? Please think some more, that number will increase. And that highlights the real problem: the utter breakdown of Syrian government causing a huge refugee problem.

So now there are two? Please think some more, that number will increase. And that highlights the real problem: the utter breakdown of Syrian government causing a huge refugee problem.
I never claimed there was only one. The presence of Turkish troops in Syria does not invalidate anything I have said. This thread is about an attack by Syrians against a US military base illegally occupying Syria.

I posit facts and logic, you posit verbal diarrhoea and ignorance intertwined with some weird fixation over Syrian refugees, when I have already told you that "exodus of refugees from Syria to its neighbours is not a legal justification for the USA to occupy Syrian territory and steal Syrian oil".

I am wasting my time with you, I will repeat my thesis and leave others to judge who is the clueless fool engaging in whataboutery and failing to present cogent, reasoned arguments (hint: it is you).

(1) The US military is currently occupying Syrian territory. This is illegal under international law.
(2) Syria has oil reserves and these are largely located in the territory that the US military is currently occupying.
(3) Oil continues to be extracted from occupied Syrian territory and exported (usually through Turkey), without the permission or benefit of the Syrian Government.
(4) The President of the United States, while he was in office, directly admitted that the US was still in Syria to "keep the oil" and that the US "left troops behind [in Syria] only for the oil". If you think the President of the United States is a liar, CNN (and various other media organisations) has reported that US companies have been awarded contracts to develop oil fields and extract oil in occupied Syrian territory: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/05/...il-contract-delta-force-ambassador/index.html; https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20210320-us-controls-90-of-syria-oil/
(5) The Syrian Government, Iranian Government, Russian Government, Chinese Government (and others) have all corroborated this account and demanded that the US cease their occupation of Syrian territory and theft of Syrian resources.

Welcome to the Doorstep of WW3. Prophecy is coming to pass.
They're about to fight over that "Mountain of Gold" (Oil) discovered in the Euphrates Basin in Syria & Iraq. Uncle Sam just can't quench his thirst for Oil. Their policies are taking us to WW3 at lighting speed.

This thread is about an attack by Syrians against a US military base illegally occupying Syria.

Of course, I have no problem with that attack at all. Let the Syrians do as they wish because they have the right to follow their national interest, just the same as any other country. But please do not ignore all the factors that are present in creating the disaster in Syria, unless, of course, you have only a one-sided agenda to push.

Un petite question: Do the Syrians have the right to choose their government, or are they trying to be free of serial dictatorships? Let's start with the basics.

Say a loud Labaik to ISIL al Qaeda & al Nusra

Do you think even 0.1% of Syrians love these cannibals?

Neocon devils of America have blooded tens thousands Muslims in MENA

Their foot soldiers should get blooded so zion & takfiri cancers will feel less protection
if Iran keep doing that they will get a full nuclear strike from USA and they will be the dumbshit Gavrilo Princip of WWIII

And people who take real decisions in USA state feels protected in their Hamptons mansions.

Back
Top Bottom