What's new

Mass protest against covid lockdown erupts in Urumqi city, Xinjiang province, Mayor tries to appease the angry crowd and promises quick lifting

I think the problem is NOT whether the Young Chinese willing to forego their freedom in exchange for their older and more vulnerable family member

The problem is they think they had already done that. I mean every country went thru some sort of Lock Down phase, even Texas and Florida was in Lockdown, and I was completely locked (Metaphorically as I can actually go out) inside my home from April to September by the Australian Government stay at home order in order to curb the virus, we all did that, and we did not complain about that (well, most of us) when the COVID was high. But not in 2022 and we are near 2023, you lock people down and restrict their movement so they won't be carrying the infection anywhere they go, it would make sense at the beginning of the pandemic because there are nothing really they can do about it, but it wouldn't make much sense after vaccine and after oral medication is available.

The golden chance has come and gone, now the situation become how long do China continue to lock people down, without a vaccination push like we did in the west or even Hong Kong from some of my friends there, the situation will always be the same, because you achieve herd immunity when 90-95% of your vulnerable people are vaccinated, China is no where near that (Last I heard is 85%).

China's zero covid policy has past its usefulness, but they did not seem to have a well thoughtout contengency plan in place. The main problem is its higher government's unreasonablly strick accountability requirements to lower government officials. so the executions of the policy became increasingly ridiculous at lower levels, as residents are becoming less willing to cooperate. A vicious cycle thus starts.

Screenshot_20221202_123732_com.android.chrome.jpg

90'000 dead from Shanghai lockdown in March, that's roughly 10'000 dead a month. Yesterday 450 dead, inline with roughly 10'000 dead monthly. End of year 2022,will reach 100'000 dead. Freedom has a price.

I think the problem is NOT whether the Young Chinese willing to forego their freedom in exchange for their older and more vulnerable family member

The problem is they think they had already done that. I mean every country went thru some sort of Lock Down phase, even Texas and Florida was in Lockdown, and I was completely locked (Metaphorically as I can actually go out) inside my home from April to September by the Australian Government stay at home order in order to curb the virus, we all did that, and we did not complain about that (well, most of us) when the COVID was high. But not in 2022 and we are near 2023, you lock people down and restrict their movement so they won't be carrying the infection anywhere they go, it would make sense at the beginning of the pandemic because there are nothing really they can do about it, but it wouldn't make much sense after vaccine and after oral medication is available.

The golden chance has come and gone, now the situation become how long do China continue to lock people down, without a vaccination push like we did in the west or even Hong Kong from some of my friends there, the situation will always be the same, because you achieve herd immunity when 90-95% of your vulnerable people are vaccinated, China is no where near that (Last I heard is 85%).
This is your herd immunity.

Screenshot_20221202_162520_com.android.chrome.jpg

58% deaths were among vaccinated.

Those countries have a higher population density than China. The one child policy is what was irrational and actually disastrous. If one thing will prevent china’s rise as a superpower it will be its impending demographic collapse.
Only this guy is allowed to race

F7D848F6-FA43-47E0-8D42-828380AC618D.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom