What's new

Mars Orbiter accomplishes its second birthday on Red Planet

Reaction score
Country
India
http://tecake.in/news/space/mars-orbiter-accomplishes-second-birthday-red-planet-23837.html

Indian Space Agencies has always maintained their own dignity and significance in carrying out researches and studies on planetary systems of the universe. With some of the most important tasks and projects on space research, India in past had stunned the entire world. Encompassing high-end technology, innovations, modern methodologies, and intelligent astronomers, India has excelled in this sector. And on last Saturday, India bagged a new glory that has made it more distinguished and prominent in the global space research industry.

On 24th September 2016, Mars Orbiter – the India-crafted and implemented spacecraft celebrated its second anniversary on Red Planet. The Mars Orbiter that inoculation India to space history has denoted its second birthday in the circle around the Red Planet. On September 24, 2014, India turned into the first country to put a spacecraft around Mars in its first attempt.

Mars Orbiter is one of the biggest projects of ISRO that commenced on 24th September 2014. It was formerly designed to examine on Mars and send data and photos of the Red Planet to the agency. While the designing of the spacecraft was made for six months in terms of its onboard fuel, surprisingly, the satellite is working and sending data from the space since two years.

Mars Orbiter in initial days was intended to last for six months on Mars and will do research for maximum six months on its onboard fuel. But surprisingly, the orbiter keeps on checking the planet circularly from a separation of around 400 km x 70,000 km since two years and on Saturday, the spacecraft completed its second anniversary on Mars. The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) said it was still sending photographs and information about the Red Planet to the agency and till date is in control.

On Saturday while announcing this great news on media, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) said, “The Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) completed two years around Mars on September 24, 2016, and had accomplished its planned mission objectives. MOM and all its scientific payloads are in good health, and it continues to provide valuable data on the Mars surface and its atmosphere.”

The contribution of Mars Orbiter in two years
In two years, the satellite has done several important jobs and sent some of the most valuable data from Mars. And the most remarkable data accumulated by Mars Orbiter incorporates the recognizable proof of watery exercises among the old Martian atmosphere, and the most profound comprehension of Mar’s ice spread changes amid summer on the Northern Hemisphere.

The orbiter also evaluated the layers of dust on Martian valleys and slopes that can reach up to 1.5 kilometers Mars Orbiter which is otherwise known as MOM also helped NASA in scrutinizing and the perception of two Martian satellites like Phobos and Deimos.

For acknowledging the second birthday of Mars orbiter in Red Planet, ISRO published archive information of the operation from the date of starting to September 2015 and said that the rest of the information would be released soon.

Last edited:
Our lil space probe which was meant to survive for just 6 months is now 2 years old. :-)
Its a tight slap on those who claimed MOM was not real. India is now in the "Ivy League" of countries who have made it big in outer space.
Thanks for the tag. :tup:

More than 3 hours and not a single like on my post !! ??? :angry::angry::angry:
Relax!
It's a herd mentality. You can not do anything about it.

In tribute of the 2 year anniversary:

That sheer violence of the brass instruments....my god, STRIKES FEAR like nothing else. :D

I hope our next mission is to Jupiter (just so I can reference one of my favourite movies by saying "open the pod bay doors HAL"):

Points to anyone that can recognise the 2nd movement (starts at 2.54) from another piece of music based on it. @waz, @Blue Marlin @mike2000 is back ...you may know hehe

The full suite is here:

@RAMPAGE

It is time for the next Mars mission. This time I want a rover on Mars.

Slow down man! :D

One step at a time. Let the orbiter first map the whole planet and let our scientists diagnose the existing data obtained. We want to explore Mars yes but it is not like the world is rushing to colonize the planet.

It is time for the next Mars mission. This time I want a rover on Mars.

Yeah.......Mar's rover will be much more exciting.

ISRO next satellite Mission will be "ADITYA-L1 Mission" . Satellite will study sun. One of the main objective will be to discover why the sun's Corona, Which extends thousands of miles from its disc, is more than a million degrees Kelvin but sun's disc is merely 6000 degrees Kelvin.

Coming at theaters near you in 2019.:flame::flame:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom