What's new

Mapping China’s middle class

How about campuses in Mainland? Probably not possible to generalize, but, are the campuses and the surrounding environment cycling friendly?

Here, especially if the campus is located on a flat land, students prefer bikes. If the campus is located on a steep area, then, students turn to scooter.
In campus, bicycles are always the number one transport.
My school is really huge. If I go to the physics lab, it's about 2km.

@TaiShang
The new campus built in 1980s.
Without a bike, it's impossible to make a living on campus.
屏幕快照 2015-10-08 14.45.13.png

屏幕快照 2015-10-08 14.46.22.png

屏幕快照 2015-10-08 14.49.11.png

屏幕快照 2015-10-08 14.48.50.png

屏幕快照 2015-10-08 14.49.30.png

屏幕快照 2015-10-08 14.50.10.png

屏幕快照 2015-10-08 14.51.33.png

Last edited:
How about campuses in Mainland? Probably not possible to generalize, but, are the campuses and the surrounding environment cycling friendly?

Here, especially if the campus is located on a flat land, students prefer bikes. If the campus is located on a steep area, then, students turn to scooter.
Mine now is super small all within walking distance.

In the larger Zhuhai campus a few years ago, we used bikes quite often.

Yeah our Zhuhai campus looks a lot like yours. New campus blueprint the same?

Perfect!

Mine now is super small all within walking distance.

In the larger Zhuhai campus a few years ago, we used bikes quite often.

Yeah our Zhuhai campus looks a lot like yours. New campus blueprint the same?

Mine also had a relatively small campus and I used dwell in the dorm on campus. From my department, it was 15 minutes by walking. So, I did not own a bike.

I also liked the 15 minutes walk because that was the rare chance for some exercise among all the studies.

Perfect!

Mine also had a relatively small campus and I used dwell in the dorm on campus. From my department, it was 15 minutes by walking. So, I did not own a bike.

I also liked the 15 minutes walk because that was the rare chance for some exercise among all the studies.

15 mins I can finish a round tour in my current campus... we do have a sizable football field with damas dancing every night though. lots of fun.

15 mins I can finish a round tour in my current campus... we do have a sizable football field with damas dancing every night though. lots of fun.

Mine is a bit bigger, then.

And we have a huge field with running tracks, basketball lots, and other facilities.

I would prefer my campus over that of NTU any day :)

Last edited:

And we have a huge field with running tracks, basketball lots, and other facilities.

Also, a river runs right across the campus, hence, the campus is integrated with the riverbank recreation system.

A river??!!:mad:.

Mine is in the middle of Guangzhou city center, no sight of real nature at all! And locals would come occupying our facilities for we are the only open area in neighboring blocks ... the pool, the tracks, badminton, table tennis, everything!

Very good for shopping though, convenience at great level.

Not the NTU then? I can smell fierce uni competition! It's like TW version Tsinghua vs. Beida?:D

Also, a river runs right across the campus, hence, the campus is integrated with the riverbank recreation system.

Concerning scenery, no school can beat Xiamen University which is by the sea and Wuhan University which is by the lake and on the mountain.:D

A river??!!:mad:.

Mine is in the middle of Guangzhou city center, no sight of real nature at all! And locals would come occupying our facilities for we are the only open area in neighboring blocks ... the pool, the tracks, badminton, table tennis, everything!

Very good for shopping though, convenience at great level.

Not the NTU then? I can smell fierce uni competition! It's like TW version Tsinghua vs. Beida?:D

No competition, bro. Mainland universities are phenomenal and many of my classmates would like to have a chance to do postdoc there :) I just want to get more sense of university environment in the Mainland.

Here also a number of Buddhist/Daoist universities located on mountains. These universities are not necessarily only theology-oriented. One of them is Huafan University.

[華梵大學]

Not really spectacular, in my view. But decent enough.

Last edited:
No competition, bro. Mainland universities are phenomenal and many of my classmates would like to have a chance to do postdoc there :) I just want to get more sense of university environment in the Mainland.

My university is popular in social sciences. But better keep the name for myself, bro, for the sake of not delving into personal info. :)

Here also a number of Buddhist/Daoist universities located on mountains. These universities are not necessarily only theology-oriented. One of them is Huafan University.

[華梵大學]

Not really spectacular, in my view. But decent enough.
I guess, 国立政治大学?
You don't have to answer, it does have a beautiful campus by the river.:-)

Back
Top Bottom