What's new

Mali sharia amputees and displaced speak out

Cherokee

Reaction score
Country
India
Emputee.jpg

Maman Dedeou, 23, gently holds the rounded stump that now serves as his arm staring into the distance and remembering life before the moments that turned his world upside down.

Malian rebels in his hometown of Timbuktu cut off Dedeou’s right arm after he was accused of stealing.

"I was forced onto a chair and my arms were tightly bound to it," he said.

"With a razor, one of the rebel leaders traced a circle on my forearm before chopping it off with a sharp knife," he recalled with tears welling in his eyes.

"What they did to me was unfair. I did no wrong. I wish I could go back and avenge for what they did to me."

Such amputations are designed to shock - residents are often summoned to watch.

This harsh application of shariah, with people accused of being thieves sometimes having their feet amputated as well, has occurred at least 14 times since the Islamist takeover last spring according to human rights activists.

Harsh conditions

Many of the amputation victims have now drifted down to Bamako, in the south, which despite suffering from its own political volatility has become a haven for tens of thousands fleeing harsh conditions in the north, including the forced recruitment of child soldiers by the rebels.

It was in Bamako that I also met 40-year-old Maman Traore just moments after he arrived from the northern city of Timbuktu.

He escaped with his wife and five children on a boat on the river Niger after the French offensive against rebels in the north began.

Traore and his family are some of 30,000 Malians displaced since the French offensive and renewed fighting in the north started.

Aid workers have described the recently displaced as mostly made of "panicked and exhausted" people.

Most are headed to Bamako or the town of Segou which is the last government-controlled town to the north.

"As we approached Konna, we saw French fighter jets flying between Sevare and Konna," Traore told me.

"We could see people fleeing Kona. We could also hear the sound of the falling bombs."

No security

Traore also described the dire situation he left back in Timbuktu.

"There is no security," he said.

"All our rights are violated. All kinds of atrocities and crimes you can think of are happening in Timbuktu.

"You cannot walk on the streets or even make a call. We really welcome French intervention."

Traore said that while many people would like to leave northern Mali, they couldn't afford the hefty prices boat owners are charging, and most roads remain cut off.

While some of the displaced live in camps run by churches and religious organisations, many others are dispersed within the capital - living with friends and relatives.

Traore and his family are now staying with relatives of his wife in Bamako where they begin a new life in displacement

Mali sharia amputees and displaced speak out - Al Jazeera Blogs

Aljazeera is taking orders from the west to publish these stories so people can support France attack on Mali...
The funny thins is that Aljazeera never reported the crime of FSA beheading people, cutting them, raping women, playing football with a baby they killed...

ALJAZEERA IS NOTHING BUT A PUPPET MEDIA ........

Aljazeera is taking orders from the west to publish these stories so people can support France attack on Mali...
The funny thins is that Aljazeera never reported the crime of FSA beheading people, cutting them, raping women, playing football with a baby they killed...

u r again mistaken the above are actions of the syrian army that is why FSA was formed to prevent the above.

cutting hands for steeling just once is not supported at all in Islam even the Saudia Govt does not follow this
if man is regularly(3 times) committing this crime than his hands are chopped so that other don't do this.

Sharia following countries have the lowest crime rate in the world.

Its really hurts when people of the same country are being killed by their army just because they having different faith, why you are forgeting the inhuman actions of syrian army on unarmed civilians when they were protesting peacefully , Syrian President and his loyals are fanatics of their own faith . You started Rampage you deserves a war and this lame try of proving their struggle as terrorism would failed in itself indeed.

Its really hurts when people of the same country are being killed by their army just because they having different faith, why you are forgeting the inhuman actions of syrian army on unarmed civilians when they were protesting peacefully , Syrian President and his loyals are fanatics of their own faith . You started Rampage you deserves a war and this lame try of proving their struggle as terrorism would failed in itself indeed.

70% of the army is sunnis. so what different faith are you talking about??

you're one victim of western and gcc propaganda and lies.

70% of the army is sunnis. so what different faith are you talking about??

you're one victim of western and gcc propaganda and lies.
That doesn't matters , whether how many loyals infact followers you inducted . Massacre in Haula , Homs cannot be justified.
They never felt any pain for killing women and childrens, and Bloodfall can never be portray as propaganda , it speaks and demand justice.

That doesn't matters , whether how many loyals infact followers you inducted . Massacre in Haula , Homs cannot be justified.
They never felt any pain for killing women and childrens, and Bloodfall can never be portray as propaganda , it speaks and demand justice.
lol massacres in Houla and Tel AlDouw were against Alawites... go read about it.. before you start spreading BS...

And how can Alasad last without his the Syrian people support?

I'm sick and tired of repeating myself on this forum... if you really care you can look at my previous threads and posts.. or at least do little research

lol massacres in Houla and Tel AlDouw were against Alawites... go read about it.. before you start spreading BS...

And how can Alasad last without his the Syrian people support?

I'm sick and tired of repeating myself on this forum... if you really care you can look at my previous threads and posts.. or at least do little research

First Houla was a dual sided act , I don't deny it and it can be understandable its a reaction that came after situation of Syria, when your forces had already offensed other towns in that specific region , Syrian army was th first one who started crackdowns against protesters, as long you justify your acts then just stop expecting sympathy from others for your soldiers and please its sounds worst when you yourself post more BS everywhere and reject others in just one go.

and yeah , I agreed with your view on AL-JAZEERA ,

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom