Malaysia interested in Brahmos cruise missile

MOO

Reaction score
Malaysia shows interest in acquiring Brahmos supersonic cruise missile

URL: http://www.india-defence.com/reports/2056
Date: 8/6/2006
Agency: India Defence
Topics: india malaysia missile defense

New Delhi: The Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister of Malaysia Hon'ble Dato' Sri Mohd. Najib Tun Hj. Abdul Razak with a high-level delegation visited the BrahMos Weapon Design Complex here today.

Dr. A S Pillai, CEO and MD BrahMos received the delegation and highlighted the technological advancement made by the country with this high-tech project.

The delegation was shown the actual missile hardware and the sus-systems and a presentation was also given to the delegation explaining the technical features of the system.

After seeing the presentation, the Deputy Prime Minister said, "we are very much pleased with the technical progress made by India in high technology projects and are looking forward to stronger defence cooperation with the country based on the memorandum signed yesterday".

We are very impressed to see the BrahMos weapon systems especially with its 100% flight performance and pin point accuracy in neutralizing the targets, he said.

Malaysia eyes training pact with India

By M. VEERA PANDIYAN

NEW DELHI: Malaysia is keen to cooperate with India on joint defence tactical training – in the air with the Russian-made Sukhoi-30MK fighter aircraft, and below the sea with the French Scorpene-class submarines.

Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, who is also Defence Minister, said Malaysia would hold discussions with India on the possibility of training for its Sukhoi pilots and cooperating on maintenance of aircraft as well as spare parts.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4609/malayindia0ir.jpg

The aircraft used by both countries is the same, although the avionics on the Indian version are slightly different,” he told Malaysian journalists covering his week-long visit to India.

Najib said Malaysia was also looking at working with India on the training of crew and maintenance of its Scorpene submarines scheduled to be delivered in 2009.

Malaysia bought two of the state-of-the-art stealth submarines at a cost of US$580mil (RM2bil) each and they are being built by European naval shipbuilders DCN International in Cherbourg, France, and by Izar at Cartagena, Spain.

“We can look at the possibility of joint training on tactics. India has acquired six such submarines,” he said.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/6/9/nation/14487343&sec=nation

Can Pakistan counter the Indian Brahmos offer with the Babur cruise missiles instead for the Malaysian Armed forces? Is there a limited global guideline against selling cruise missiles abroad?

Not sure but I heard the limitations were no missile beyond 300km is allowed to be sold internationally. The reason why the joint Russian-Indian Brahmos cruise missile was able to be successful was because Russia made the range 290km for India. ^^

Is it possible for Pakistan develop a 290km range mini version of Babur cruise missile for export to friendly nations also?

I doubt it both artilces where writeen by idiotic ******** indian journalist. Also you are right about the limitation of selling cruise missiles.

Even if maylasia does go for the brahmos itll take alot of money to integrate into there ships hell I dont think the brahmos can fit on there in the first place.

Editted: no need to generalise, not every hindu drinks urine.

Kaiser said:
I doubt it both artilces where writeen by idiotic indian journalist. Also you are right about the limitation of selling cruise missiles.

Even if maylasia does go for the brahmos itll take alot of money to integrate into there ships hell I dont think the brahmos can fit on there in the first place

Fit where? ships, subs, or SU-30MKK? With the exception of subs, the other two have already happened in the Indian Navy and on SU-30MKI

I think it'll be possible to integrate Brahmos or the Babur cruise missiles onto their 2 SSK Scorpene though but Im not so sure.

It depends on the IN Scorpene configuration. According to my knowledge the will be equipped with Exocet rather than the Brahmos.
Prolly India will do the modifications at home.

Neo said:
It depends on the IN Scorpene configuration. According to my knowledge the will be equipped with Exocet rather than the Brahmos.
Prolly India will do the modifications at home.

I doubt it, the brahmos will have to go through a whole new transformation to become sub launched. The scorpenes main computer system and other things will be the hardest to modify to be able to fit the yakhont and then even after that I doubt India can fit over 4 into the scorpene

TexasJohn said:
Fit where? ships, subs, or SU-30MKK? With the exception of subs, the other two have already happened in the Indian Navy and on SU-30MKI

The maylasian navy uses smaller ships when compared to the indian navy (2500 ton < 9000 ton)

Even if modified the maylasian ships may still only hold 1/2

RMAF pilots may go to India for training

BY M. VEERA PANDIYAN

BANGALORE: Malaysia is keen to send RMAF pilots for training in India and source technical support, maintenance and spare parts for its 18 Sukhoi-30MK multi-role fighter aircraft ordered from Russia last month.

Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said a formal request would be made to the Indian government on these two areas.

&#8220;Any agreement will be subject to the final decision of the Indian government,&#8221; he said after visiting India&#8217;s state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) aircraft assembly division at Nasik, Maharashtra.

Najib, who is Defence Minister, said HAL was currently assembling 140 Su-30MK aircraft and ground support systems for India&#8217;s Air Force.

&#8220;As such, the aeronautics company can be considered a capable source for training our Sukhoi maintenance technicians and supply of spare parts and support equipment,&#8221; he said.

The Su-30MK is a twin-engine multi-role fighter capable of being operated as an interceptor, bomber and trainer with day and night flying capabilities in all weather conditions.

Malaysia&#8217;s Su-30MKs are scheduled to be delivered in three batches, the first six by March next year, another six by December and the remaining six by the end of 2008.

India shouldn't sell any weapons system to Malaysia nor participate in training exercises.:tdown:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom