What's new

Malaysia eyes Air Launched BrahMos?

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India
images

According to Russian Media, Malaysia’s Foreign Minister Anifah Ahman on his visit to Russia last week has shown interest in Air Launched variant of BrahMos missile, Royal Malaysian Air Force already operates 18 Russian Su-30MKM flankers, which were bought under a contract signed in 2003.

Malaysia currently is also looking for a tender for 18 combat aircraft for delivery by 2015. These aircrafts would replace the country’s MiG-29s. Malaysia in past has shown interest in purchase of BrahMos missile system jointly developed by India and Russia.

Russia has assured Malaysia, that new batch of Su-30MKM flankers will come with capability to fire Air launched BrahMos . Indian Su-30MKI are been modified to carry our first firing of Air launched BrahMos missile which most likely will happen early next year.

Su-30MKM flankers are similar to India’s Sukhoi Su-30MKI. Like its Indian counterpart, the Su-30MKM is a substantial advance upon the original Su-30K export version, India’s HAL had supplied canards, stabilizers and fins for Malaysian flankers, IAF in past deputed Instructors and technicians in Malaysia to train pilots and Ground crews of Malaysian air force .

Link - Malaysia eyes Air Launched BrahMos? | idrw.org

images

According to Russian Media, Malaysia’s Foreign Minister Anifah Ahman on his visit to Russia last week has shown interest in Air Launched variant of BrahMos missile, Royal Malaysian Air Force already operates 18 Russian Su-30MKM flankers, which were bought under a contract signed in 2003.

Malaysia currently is also looking for a tender for 18 combat aircraft for delivery by 2015. These aircrafts would replace the country’s MiG-29s. Malaysia in past has shown interest in purchase of BrahMos missile system jointly developed by India and Russia.

Russia has assured Malaysia, that new batch of Su-30MKM flankers will come with capability to fire Air launched BrahMos . Indian Su-30MKI are been modified to carry our first firing of Air launched BrahMos missile which most likely will happen early next year.

Su-30MKM flankers are similar to India’s Sukhoi Su-30MKI. Like its Indian counterpart, the Su-30MKM is a substantial advance upon the original Su-30K export version, India’s HAL had supplied canards, stabilizers and fins for Malaysian flankers, IAF in past deputed Instructors and technicians in Malaysia to train pilots and Ground crews of Malaysian air force .

Link - Malaysia eyes Air Launched BrahMos? | idrw.org

I have been reading about potential Brahmos exports to Malaysia, Vietnam, Equador, etc for yars now - but nothing has ever materialized. :hitwall: And now we have reports on exports of a missile that hasn't even been tested yet.

Frankly, I am very sceptical. :confused:

I have been reading about potential Brahmos exports to Malaysia, Vietnam, Equador, etc for yars now - but nothing has ever materialized. :hitwall: And now we have reports on exports of a missile that hasn't even been tested yet.

Because it is very expensive.

Because it is very expensive.

Very true.

There is a huge demand for Brahmos from indian army and navy.Indian govt will not allow exports of Brahmos until their demands have been fulfilled.Only then it can be exported.It will take some time.

BD also getting Su30 by 2016-2017, will you sell us BrahMos ? :ashamed:

We would first need to fill up our Brahmos inventory including 100% war wastage reserves (WWR) before we think of exporting them. That of course would take a couple of years more.

Very true.

There is a huge demand for Brahmos from indian army and navy.Indian govt will not allow exports of Brahmos until their demands have been fulfilled.Only then it can be exported.It will take some time.

This is lame excuse. We can export it but it is very expensive one to afford smaller countries.

get them modified so that it can support Brahmos,may be we can..but beware,its too much costly..ypu can find other subsonic air launched missiles in the international market which is much cheaper..

Well brother, why not.. Remember 5 exorcet missile created havoc in Falkland war?? Imagine 5-6 Brahmos, and its lethal impact.. No doubt Asian countries are looking for it (even before it is tested)..

get them modified so that it can support Brahmos,may be we can..but beware,its too much costly..ypu can find other subsonic air launched missiles in the international market which is much cheaper..

When national security comes into picture, price is secondary cosideration..

Well brother, why not.. Remember 5 exorcet missile created havoc in Falkland war?? Imagine 5-6Brahmos, and its lethal impact.. No doubt Asian countries are looking for it (even before it is tested)..

If we are clever, we will use the sale of BrahMos to Bangladesh as a ploy to get favours done by Myanmar.

Back
Top Bottom