What's new

Making Diesel from Thar coal

Methane and other hydrates are another hydrocarbon fuel resource and the technology to exploit them is still not fully developed. As the cost of conventional fuels starts to climb due to demand, it will shift more and more attention to them in due course. Right now it would not be cost effective, but this might change over the next few decades.
They are way difficult to mine. Gas hydrates are too brittle to mine with existing tech. US company has some success so does Indian company.

Another problem is Methane released which causes multiple times Global warming than Co2.

The main point is that the technology will enter in commercial use by 2020 as success in these projects are coming. If by 2020 or 2025, India gets this tech, we won't have to depend on any country for natural gas for many decades, the reserves are too large.

So your assessment of few decades while I think companies developing the tech will do it within a decade.

My arguments are based on feasibility study done in US and India.

Don't mind if I do............

Me? Mind? Not at all. I do wish you luck.

They are way difficult to mine. Gas hydrates are too brittle to mine with existing tech. US company has some success so does Indian company.

Another problem is Methane released which causes multiple times Global warming than Co2.

The main point is that the technology will enter in commercial use by 2020 as success in these projects are coming. If by 2020 or 2025, India gets this tech, we won't have to depend on any country for natural gas for many decades, the reserves are too large.

So your assessment of few decades while I think companies developing the tech will do it within a decade.

My arguments are based on feasibility study done in US and India.

The next few decades will still have an ample supply of conventional resources, and much of the increased demand can be met, particularly with shale gas reserves. Methane hydrates will probably start picking up after that, not because of technological limitations, but the cost structure.

Why not Pakistan invite international tenders to exploit the Thar Coal? If found feasible Indian companies may be the first one to enter the bidding process.

Why not Pakistan invite international tenders to exploit the Thar Coal? If found feasible Indian companies may be the first one to enter the bidding process.

Because of the quality of the coal and the logistics, it is currently not feasible to exploit these reserves cost-effectively.

coal by vcheng552000, on Flickr

Coal is the dirtiest thing on earth. It is a century old concept that was taken into process when the West was developing. Today, it will create more pollution in Pakistan so no i'm personally not in favour of it. You can check a country like the U.S and you'll know that that only its 30% of use to produce power kills about thousands of people every year due to health problems associated with it. The world is moving forward with renewable energy. Perhaps, solar, wind, hydropower, geothermal should be something we have equal potential of and what we really should look into at.

^^^^ Then brace for draconian sanctions if you dare using more practical and cleaner nuclear energy.

^^^^ Then brace for draconian sanctions if you dare using more practical and cleaner nuclear energy.

Not necessarily. I am sure China can provide the help needed for establishing more nuclear power generation.

249486_429754220415919_1320914300_n.jpg

Info above is out dated, we had many more discoveries.

Huge gas reserves discovered in Sindh, oil in KP - thenews.com.pk

VC totally, ignored the resource of water, which can be harnessed to various uses.

Not necessarily. I am sure China can provide the help needed for establishing more nuclear power generation.

Dealing with nuclear waste is a big issue. I dont know if developing country like Pakistan can handle it. So coal, no matter its low yield is a way to go.

Dealing with nuclear waste is a big issue. I dont know if developing country like Pakistan can handle it. So coal, no matter its low yield is a way to go.

Dealing with nuclear waste can be part of the overall project quite easily if negotiated well.

"Draconian sanctions" are applied only to those who disrupt the existing order by funding terror in distant places, and then make bombastic statements.

In modern day energy production system, no single European country can make a complete power station. They buy materials and instruments from different places.

If Europeans are so dependent on other Europeans for such supplies, what about others?

China? Chinese home techology is 50 years old, so they are buying nuclear plants from the USA. It roughly costs $2 billion per 1000 mega watt plant. Chinese paid hard earned cash for such plants. They are finishing up 3 such plants from the USA.

If China has to import from USA, what about others?

India- Same story. They are willing to pay cash $$$$$ to buy the power plants from Western Europe even though Russians are trying very hard to sell their own old technology.

If Indian and China with vast supply of engineers and technicians and industry are importing complete plants from USA, then what about others?

Iran - it has the $$$$ and can pay cash. It cannot build a power plant without American or European parts. So if you need parts and plants from USA, what do you do? Do you chant marg ber Amreeka 5 times a day as if it was a dua mnadated by Allah mian? Heck no. you keep good and cordial relations with everyone including the West. You pay cash and they sell you the latest power plants.

If Iran cannot build such plants by its own, then what the f they are doing enriching uranium. The answer is bumba bumba bumb, just like Pakistan and India.

And hence the "draconian sanctions" you so aptly put.

Oh and before I leave this post, one country must be discussed here as a fairness to this thread. And that country is?

Pakistan.

Only a blind idiot would believe that we and Indians were enriching uranium for local power plants. No Siree. Both us and Indians lied to the world and said, our uranium enrichment was for energy. No it was not.

Just like Iranians, it was for bumb maro bumb, mit jai ghum, bolo subha shaam, Hai Qadeer hai bumb, Hai Qadeer hai bumb, while old people and our children boil in the 45 degree summer heat.

Still Pakistanis didn't face "draconian sanctions" because we were US allies. Our Rupee didn't go 35000 to a dollar, because USA just slapped on our wrist and said "naughty naughty Shararti sayyan, kia kartay ho, hato nan!"

because we were US allies, we didn't face draconian sanctions even when we crossed all the pre-agreed lines of not exploding bumb maro bumb, because we wanted to be high on the nuclear hash, and shout mit jai ghum, and we wanted to chant praises to our nukie gods, hare Qadeer hare bumb, hare geeder hare bumb.

So if this was the past, what about the future.

Just two options.

Either we all work hard and export to West like Chinese do and Indians do and S. koreans do and Japanese do.
Then make lots of $$$$$$ and pay cash for coal plant, water plant, nukie plant, gas plant and the plants that tell you Ya habibi and dance around you.

Or the other option is, to be true allies 110% of the West and they will give us loans and with those loans we buy coal plant, water plant, nukie plant, gas plant and the plants that tell you Ya habibi and dance around you.

There is no third way, except the way of Islamists that is retched poverty, abject humiliation, suicide bombing, load shedding, gas shedding, water shedding, and above all roti shedding.

Hope this makes it clear, even though I don't except the followers of Islamists and Mullis and Ayatullies to understand this complex yet simple logic.

peace to you my fellow pak, peace to all.

Info above is out dated, we had many more discoveries.

Huge gas reserves discovered in Sindh, oil in KP - thenews.com.pk

VC totally, ignored the resource of water, which can be harnessed to various uses.

CommOn batman yara. These news sound good if you are sitting in European apartment, and cold/hot air blows on your "soft and lovely" face while you furiously type these precious words and emotionally thumping the keyboard.

For us in Pakistan, such news are like a beautiful and sexy woman standing 10 meters away behind a thick glass wall. We can see her but cannot touch.

And she teases us, and teases us day and night. driving us mad, driving us crazy while Mullahs f our nation from behind.

So don't tell us about discoveries, show us the natural gas, and not the hot gas one omits after eating lots and lots and lots of daal.

Mehrabani yara. Dil na dukhao. Do not tease us please.,

peace to you

Are you referring to using water to power cars, or something else such as hydroelectric power?

Either way, my answer is not going to help you.

You know what, you are running out sane of arguments.

Back
Top Bottom