What's new

Mainstream Pakistani Journalism is dead, but Social Media Journalism is becoming the norm

Neelo

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. GHQ muzzled the media, and the people went online.…I’d argue it was Arshad Sharif who really made it big online first…his videos always crossed 100K. RIP.

Been very impressed with this guy Waqas….just recently started his YouTube channel brief.pk…his Twitter handle is already popular.

Haider Mehdi is another one….only got to know him through Waqas….they now do live streams together online.

Wajahat Khan seems to have seen the light.

How long before the boots block internet?

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. GHQ muzzled the media, and the people went online.…I’d argue it was Arshad Sharif who really made it big online first…his videos always crossed 100K. RIP.

Been very impressed with this guy Waqas….just recently started his YouTube channel brief.pk…his Twitter handle is already popular.

Haider Mehdi is another one….only got to know him through Waqas….they now do live streams together online.

Wajahat Khan seems to have seen the light.

I'm surprised at Wajahat Khan. It's like a complete 180 degrees for him. I'm guessing he had some falling out before this May 9th issue. Some people did mention it a while back of a rift but haven't had the time to dig in and see what it was about.

They can try and block or close down the internet. Eventually, people will follow the news online, and it's not something you can control.

I'm surprised at Wajahat Khan. It's like a complete 180 degrees for him. I'm guessing he had some falling out before this May 9th issue.

I was like Waj too little less than a year ago….everything that I believed about the military came crashing down like a house of cards.

He realized it, I realized it, PDF (mostly) realized it, the country realized it.

GHQ knows this too…they’ve been exposed.

Glad Waj woke up.

Any other online journalists worth mentioning? Feel free to post here.

Last edited:
I'm surprised at Wajahat Khan. It's like a complete 180 degrees for him. I'm guessing he had some falling out before this May 9th issue. Some people did mention it a while back of a rift but haven't had the time to dig in and see what it was about.

No, the Wajahat issue is a couple of years back. He was laying low of late because he wanted to get something to hold on to in the US first. Doesn't make what he says wrong, but the guy does have a beef too.

No, the Wajahat issue is a couple of years back. He was laying low of late because he wanted to get something to hold on to in the US first. Doesn't make what he says wrong, but the guy does have a beef too.

I see. Do you know what the issue was a couple of years back by chance?

He can use these recent threats to seek asylum, and it's a smart move, to be honest.

I was like Waj too little less than a year ago….everything that I believed about the military came crashing down like a house of cards.

He realized it, I realized it, PDF (mostly) realized it, the country realized it.

GHQ knows this too…they’ve been exposed.

Glad Waj woke up.

Any other online journalists worth mentioning? Feel free to post here.
Dr.Moeed Pirzada too

I watched some of his videos and he claimed bajwa was the reason he had to leave the country.

Has happened in the past breaking camel's back as far as IT industry is concerned. All other Industries are already closed so this is very much a possibility. Block internet altogether or a very heavily monitored one.

Adil Raja (Banned from YouTube, is on Twitter)
Haider Mehdi
Moeed Pirzada
Wajahat Saeed Khan
Shaheen Sehbai

The faujeets are scared of Adil Raja more than all the others because he was serving in the army till recently and has access to inside information. They confiscated his property in Pakistan. Then they got him banned on YouTube, Facebook and WhatsApp. Then they violently arrested his mother in Pakistan. Then they got him interrogated by UK police. He’s toned down a bit but still a talking.

Adil Raja (Banned from YouTube, is on Twitter)
Haider Mehdi
Moeed Pirzada
Wajahat Saeed Khan
Shaheen Sehbai

The faujeets are scared of Adil Raja more than all the others because he was serving in the army till recently and has access to inside information. They confiscated his property in Pakistan. Then they got him banned on YouTube, Facebook and WhatsApp. Then they violently arrested his mother in Pakistan. Then they got him interrogated by UK police. He’s toned down a bit but still a talking.

True

The current mainstream has been reduced to an extension of PTV

Back
Top Bottom