What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Thanks 'Gulte' ... and Mr. 'takeiteasy', I'm just stating facts, no - not flaunting silly; can't you see how game-changing that is for the rest of the world. Even at those prices things are pricey given India's GDP but for the rest of the world, OMG!

Yaar, look ... 5 Lakh- 9.47 Lakh is too much really.

I think India needs utility vehicles and mini trucks for 1 Lakh range. The Tata Ace, M&M, Piaggio Truk and others are still Indian Rs. 1.5 to 2 Lakh really ... a tad pricey! Hell, I'm likely naive re: India pricing.

Let's look at it again form the Co.'s pricing dept. angle:

1) Rural DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Jugaad contraptions cost no more than Rs. 25000 approx. Prestige wise - a huge thing in India- DIY Jugaad's are a total no-no.

2) 2'nd hand 3-wheeler pick-up's should be Rs. 25 - 50,000 range while 2'nd-3'rd hand Maruti type van's between 50000-1 Lakh. Soon a new generation of sub 2 Lkah new 2'nd hand Tata Ace and it's friends form Mahindra and Piaggio etc. will smash the Maruti van/ 3 wheeler market 2'nd hand market when the Tata Ace & party type vehicles enter the rural and otherwise 2'nd hand market. These mini trucks have gone into mass production, and in the past 3-5 yrs., more realistically 8 yrs., are ready to be passed on to the 2'nd hand market from the cities to the semi rural folks in large enough numbers to change the game. So prices of factory built 2'nd hand 3-wheelers must be nose diving and should settle no more than Rs. 25000. The home-made, bottom-of-the-pyramid DIY Jugaad types are totally unenviable and a 100 % wipe-out ...

3) The factory ppl. can continue to sell mass vehicles like jeeps, mini trucks, 3 wheelers (dangerous business) while booking profit at historical prices while focusing on the premium market to expand profit while fighting with Indian made foreign branded vehicles. the key differentiator will become scale as in how many Lakhs of a particular vehicle model sold. Except factories to scale up from Global size today to mega Global size soon.

For typical desi manufacturers, going 'Premium' is cheaper than going really really mega mass scale, the scale that India demands. I'm afraid they must invest in better HR, processess, tooling, marketing etc. For going upscale with the other passenger type models, all you do is get local and foreign consultants to jazz up basic contraption by sourcing latest music, lighting, plastics, air-con even design and engine modifications for a fee of course.

Mind you, local manufacturers like Tata, M & M, Bajaj are up to Global standards in quality and production nowor almost there; but India demands more than just Global standards from these guys. IT's the 2'nd guard the TVS, Vikram (sorry), Atul Motor, HM, Sonalika, Ashok Leyland and maybe GM Wuling and others like Oreva and Tara who may have to break into the market with discontinuous products. A 4 wheel electric or CNG mini-truck from TVS, GM Wuling or Atul motors may be a game-changer and would do nicely.

I am thinking India's auto revolution may boost its agri business by making farm-to-fork within reach of small farmers who can do an arbitrage or commission deal with a mini-truck wallah, say a standard 10% sadly; and they can deliver directly to City customers in week-end markets and 'Colony' type residential areas by-passing the mandi and it's middle-men etc. Even better, imagine a 'Green', but farmer connected to a loyal City clientele by a cell phone enabled subscriber list, .. with his own bank-loan enabled mini truck. Many small farmers own a Hero-Honda motorcycle as a business tool already. I can see this happening, it's not that crazy. It's when small farmers and tradies like plumbers, painters and electricians migrate from 2'nd hand Bajaj scooters to mini trucks that I will believe more in the India boom story. Heck, if local auto Co.'s can cater to vehicles in this segment with local, affordable products, they can have the world at their feet, no? A Tata Nano type pick-up or mini-truck, for say 1 Lakh or $ 5000 would be definite game-changer. Any such product anywhere in the world, Pakistan Indonesia, LAtin Amercia, Eastern Europe, China or Thailand?

I assure you the market is in for a huge revolution in prices as the Indian made foreign brand Co.'s stabilise and entrench themselves in India. Exciting times ahead.

:yahoo: Good news ...

" Harley-Davidson and other foreign bike makers who have started assembling and launching their motorcycles in India. The American bike manufacturer has motorcycles with prices ranging from Rs. 7 lakh-Rs. 37 lakh.

Currently, Royal Enfield sells 5 motorcycles in India– Bullet 350, Electra Twinspark, Thunderbird Twinspark, Classic 350 and Classic 500. The prices of these motorcycles range from Rs. 93,800-Rs. 1, 43,100 (on-road, Delhi)."

- Quote from last para of article :
Royal Enfield 650-700cc parallel twin engine motorcycle, Royal Enfield 400cc diesel bike Himalayan Touring and other upcoming bikes | DWS Auto India

Tata Motors first Indian co to make 1 lakh commercial vehicles

JAMSHEDPUR: Leading automobile company Tata Motors today became the first Indian company producing one lakh commercial vehicles in a financial year.

"It is really a proud moment for the company as Tata Motors has become the country's first automobile company to produce one lakh commercial vehicles in a financial year," Ravi Pisharody, president of commercial vehicle business unit (CVBU) of Tata Motors, said here.

Pisharody expressed hope that the growth rate of commercial vehicle sector would depend on the interest rate though it has not affected the sector as yet.

The interest rate has to be maintained to achieve the growth rate, which was registered at 20 to 22 per cent this fiscal, he said adding that the growth rate in the next fiscal is likely to be 10 to 15 per cent.

On the performance of the Tata Motors World Truck, the company official said the sale has been increasing significantly in the last few months.

The response for the world truck, which had started its production in the first quarter of the current fiscal, was good and would further improve in view of the increasing demand as well as the improving road condition in the country.

Presently, we are producing two models of the world truck at Jamshedpur plant and likely to introduce two more models soon, he said adding that the company was expecting to produce around six to eight models by the end of next fiscal.

Pisharody expressed confidence that the company would utilise the maximum capacity of the world truck (55,000 per annum) in next five years in view of its increasing demand.

Tata Motors first Indian co to make 1 lakh commercial vehicles - The Economic Times

My dad got me a Suzuki A-star last year, and a TVS Wego this year. I am really proud of those two.

zrclip-005n1ecbf93d.png

TVS-Wego.png

If I were you, I'd sell the car immediately to a friendly buyer and stick to the scoot. After all how far am I going in Kerala on a 4 wheeler that I cannot on a scoot. Friendly buyer because if someone asks, one must be able to 're-borrow' for short time to present the evidence. Naa, too un-realistic but still idea is there.:woot:

Take the money and invest in Mindtree, Patni, Daksh like second tier IT Co. In 5 yrs. go out and buy a Mahindra Thar and go off-roading in Malabar!

Take some cash rich Gulf returnee tourists and cover diesel bill too. Man ... these Indian vehicle manufacturers have to up production a la Maruti-Suzuki (10 Million already and production up to 1.5 million already, soon 1.75-2 million; yet a tad expensive) and slash prices by half to make any sense. India is still a poor country and these manufacturers need to be kicked out of the complacent middle class markets to the massive lower middle class markets. I hope foreign factories will force the local bas*ards by grabbing the cosy middle-class markets and forcing the locals to expand the user base by penetrating the next layer, broadening and deepening the markets and entering more downstream markets like the Tata's with the Ace and Nano. Tab aayegaa mezza, no!

I need Mahindra's to right size Thar price Rs. 1.5 - 2 Lakh maximum. No bs!

:wave:

Look what I found:

Enfield 50's US Export Model Update (No Sh*t!)
------------------------------------------------------

royal-enfield-woodsman-electra-500cc.jpg

(c) url: New cars | New Bikes | Car on road price | Used autos | automobile in India | Vicky.in

Royal Enfield Electra Woodsman 500

Royal Enfield will unveil the Woodsman 500, the latest in a long line of Bullet motorcycles. The Bullet has been in continuous production since 1949 and the Woodsman is inspired by the street scramblers of the late 1950′s that the company exported to the USA.

With its distinctive high level exhaust system, trials style bars and solo saddle the Woodsman looks every inch the classic British single, but is in fact powered by the company’s modern all-alloy Electra engine, with 5-speed gearbox and electric starter. The traditional pushrod design means that owners will experience the characteristic feel of a British single, with plenty of torque, combined with impressive fuel economy – the factory quotes 87mpg, which means a tank range of over 250 miles before switching to reserve.

The Royal Enfield Electra Woodsman is due in dealers’ showrooms in spring 2008 and is expected to sell for £3,895 On Road (DL version with chrome guards £3,995).

(c)vicky.in site

If I were you, I'd sell the car immediately to a friendly buyer and stick to the scoot. After all how far am I going in Kerala on a 4 wheeler that I cannot on a scoot. Friendly buyer because if someone asks, one must be able to 're-borrow' for short time to present the evidence. Naa, too un-realistic but still idea is there.:woot:

Take the money and invest in Mindtree, Patni, Daksh like second tier IT Co. In 5 yrs. go out and buy a Mahindra Thar and go off-roading in Malabar!

Take some cash rich Gulf returnee tourists and cover diesel bill too. Man ... these Indian vehicle manufacturers have to up production a la Maruti-Suzuki (10 Million already and production up to 1.5 million already, soon 1.75-2 million; yet a tad expensive) and slash prices by half to make any sense. India is still a poor country and these manufacturers need to be kicked out of the complacent middle class markets to the massive lower middle class markets. I hope foreign factories will force the local bas*ards by grabbing the cosy middle-class markets and forcing the locals to expand the user base by penetrating the next layer, broadening and deepening the markets and entering more downstream markets like the Tata's with the Ace and Nano. Tab aayegaa mezza, no!

I need Mahindra's to right size Thar price Rs. 1.5 - 2 Lakh maximum. No bs!

Im glad youre not me then :P. A-star is pretty decent and gives epic mileage. Riding comfort is great if you sit up front. Which isnt bad considering, the intended user is solely me. Its got an amazing acceleration as well.

My dad got me the car and scooter when i got into third semester. Since its my dads gift, im also emotionally attached to it :P. Well, emotionally attached for a year now, considering he got it for me last year....haha...

As for wego.....dude that thing is no mere scooter. Its like riding a bike. You dont feel like youre driving a silly scooter. The accelration is amazing, eventhough top speed is only around 71. Fuel economy is not bad which makes it passable for long hauls....unlike ordinary scooters.

I got the scooter in my sixth semester ( which is, right now). Five weeks back to be precise. Got the car while in my third sem.

I got the scooter in my sixth semester ( which is, right now). Five weeks back to be precise. Got the car while in my third sem.

--------xxx-----------

Good on you ... your emotions et al; you a guy or girl ... gay ? :cheesy:

At your age seek discomfort, dirt, thrill and adventure; this is the time to explore your wild side. And you talk about mileage and comfort, c'mon!

--------xxx-----------

Good on you ... your emotions et al; you a guy or girl ... gay ? :cheesy:

At your age seek discomfort, dirt, thrill and adventure; this is the time to explore your wild side. And you talk about mileage and comfort, c'mon!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wonder How Men can get proud riding puny scooters??? lolz 120kg uncleji riding a honda activa.. random scene from Indian traffic. My belief is Motorcycles are always safer than these scooters/scooterettes(scootys).
but, 2 decades back it was another thing.. chetaks and vespas(lml) ruled the middle aged men's choice.

I wonder How Men can get proud riding puny scooters??? lolz 120kg uncleji riding a honda activa.. random scene from Indian traffic. My belief is Motorcycles are always safer than these scooters/scooterettes(scootys).
but, 2 decades back it was another thing.. chetaks and vespas(lml) ruled the middle aged men's choice.

i wanted a bike, my folks didnt agree. So i ended up with a scooter...i dont regret it though. Besides i use my car for long hauls. Believe me, i would love an SUV, but fuel doesnt come cheap bro......63 bucks per litre now dude. My dad has a land cruiser, and mom has a camry...so i can drive those when im allowed to, i guess.

Hey Mech!

It's understable yaar, just last week my Dad sold-off my antique Austin in my absence ( in original colour and fittings, earlier owned by a real Maharaja) for under 1 Lakh! :hitwall:

However, I saw this and totally thought of you, price range included:

3_RRT_PakWheels(com).jpg

Specs:
-------

Engine : Hindustan Motors four- cylinder, petrol, MPFI
Valve Layout : OHC, 8 valves
Installation : Longitudinal, front engine, rear wheel drive
Displacement : 1817cc
Max Power : 88PS@5000rpm
Max Torque : 135Nm@3000rpm
Transmission : 5-speed
Suspension : Leaf springs with
shock absorber
Brakes : discs/drums
Wheels : Pressed steel, 6Jx15”
Tyres : 205/54 R15 (Fr)
215/75 R 15 (Rr)
LxWxH : 3240x1720x1760mm
Kerb weight : 740kg
Instruments : Speedometer, oil, temperature and fuel gauge
Price : Rs 3.98 lakh, ex-factory, Alibagh

Hers's the blurb-

Chinkara Jeepster
=============

Chinkara Motors, the people behind the Roadster 1.8 S (the Lotus 7 replica) have come up with their second home-grown creation, the WWII Willy’s Jeep replica called the Jeepster. Based on the chassis and running gear of the short wheelbase Mahindra, the Jeepster’s clad with a fibre glass body designed and built in Alibaug by the husband-wife team of Guido and Shama Bothe.

Under the hood is the 1.8-litre four-cylinder Isuzu engine made by Hindustan Motors and found in the Ambassador as well as the Roadster. In fuel injected form the engine develops 88PS of power and 135Nm of torque, enough to make the chassis work hard for its living. Acceleration is particularly brisk while the exhaust bark from the free-flow exhaust is intoxicating.

The braking set-up is from the Mahindra Jeeps, discs up front and drums at the rear but with no brake booster it can get a little hairy at times. The recirculating ball steering is vague and imprecise at best though by Jeep standards the handling is pretty acceptable. A rack and pinion steering set-up can be ordered as a cost option.

The custom made Jeep can be ordered in a myriad array of hues and can be individually tailored to suit customer preference. Colours, upholstery options, wheels, tyres, and even the soft top can be altered to suit preferences. The snug seats are made in house and are equipped with three-point seat belts while this particular example also had a baby seat in the same colour scheme.

The Jeepster is priced at Rs 4 lakh, ex-showroom at Alibaug in Maharashtra. Again this price can vary depending upon engine options (carburetted, injected second hand overhauled unit or a tuned hot-rodded unit), and depending on bodywork mods and accruements if any.

---xxx---

Your Dad has a Land Cruiser and Mom Camry?

What's wrong with you that you settled for crap. Remember in Asia family is everything and patriarchy is well and alive. So you being the son of the father, have as much of an 'entitlement' as the father, you got cheated bro. The future of the family is you! I hope your Dad don't read this.

Re: the Jeepser, wotsay Mech., just as a exercise in fanciful thinking? With a good excuse like movie tickets one could have a lot of pretty girls climbing in, never mind the pretty boys;).

(c) Business Standard Motoring

Lambretta_LD_125_1957.jpg

Hey! Grow up you Bongoli BBC ( I say that ... hehe ... in a good way ) ... Indians have grown up 'adjusting' (mazbooree). :sad:

Time was when even a a scooter was better than a moped ok, or the old time horrors of commie block Jawa, Yezdi, Rajdoot type clunkers which passed off as motorcycles! In my Dad's time scoots were a luxury. Hey 'duhastmish' thanks for your pic. post above, took me back to childhood memories of my Dad's blue Lambretta and the rides. :smile:

This 'Mech' guy is simply under the influence and money power of Daddy dear, so what's new with that ?
Mech is young, seeking 'gyan'; no need to laugh at him or degrade him for his mazboree, teach & learn ...

This concept posted yet?
As concepts go, there's nothing futuristic or discontinuously distinguishable or really ingenious about this Ashok-Leyland one, compare to Tata concepts. And like Tata with it's Multi Utility Vehicles Sumo, Safari, Ashok might as well enter the CV market with a Rs. 5 Lakh version. Many Indian Co.'s already make MUV's , Ashok has the advantage of a in-house marketing dept. to take on rivals. Making it should by no problem, they already make lots of trucks, buses etc. for a couple of generations now.

Ashok Leyland Defence Vehicle
------------------------------------

images

Below, LCV - New! (Last Week)
--------------------------------------

(c) http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKH8yMn9i6dJu1YAKpkoJ3bI9O8NmUJrPWQif8W9EzHsqydT0ROA
images

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom